You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 LSU - New Orleans
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dont give up. you are early! I am also waiting on my acceptance or NFA.NFA [emoji24] interviewed 11/1
Wait you got an A to another medical school. Why are you Crying?Dont give up. you are early! I am also waiting on my acceptance or NFA.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pons Intended
Full Member
Wait you got an A to another medical school. Why are you Crying?
Nola is top choice much much closer to home compared to the others. Best of luck to you!
louisianaguy102
Full Member
accepted peeps, have you all gotten the Certphi background check link yet?
Geaux Golfing
Full Member
accepted peeps, have you all gotten the Certphi background check link yet?
No, but I did see an email from AAMC saying that those will go out after the New Year.
Anyone gonna be at the accepted applicant’s tour next week?
futuredoc1924
Full Member
anyone know the soonest they meet to discuss/update NFAs?
Pons Intended
Full Member
anyone know the soonest they meet to discuss/update NFAs?
If i recall correctly, late January. I wrote it down so I will check my notes when I’m home!
PHANT0M2023
New Member
OOS A, Nov 20th!
IS II today! Complete 8/9
hi everyone! L1 at LSU NOLA here. we all just finished our first semester yesterday! i honestly can't say enough good things about the school so if you have any questions about literally anything, feel free to ask me!
DillinGerK
New Member
IS NFA. Interviewed on 12/06. Does anyone know if there will be movements for NFAs between now and March or only after March?
+1IS NFA. Interviewed on 12/06. Does anyone know if there will be movements for NFAs between now and March or only after March?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the great dane
Full Member
IS NFA recieved on 12/18. Interviewed 12/4.
louisianaguy102
Full Member
I got into both shreve and nola, the pass/fail at shreve is really tempting. I don't know what to decide. Anyone in a similar boat?
Can anyone say if the interviews are 3 faculty members? Are there student interviews or simulated patients?
anencephalite
New Member
3 20 minute faculty interviews for me at leastCan anyone say if the interviews are 3 faculty members? Are there student interviews or simulated patients?
reesesluver1938
Full Member
I had two faculty members and one 4th year studentCan anyone say if the interviews are 3 faculty members? Are there student interviews or simulated patients?
Congrats. Stats?OOS A, Nov 20th!
PHANT0M2023
New Member
I have a 3.87 GPA and a 513 MCAT, I am from Texas but I had strong ties since my dad went there for med school, residency, and was faculty for a couple of years.Congrats. Stats?
louisianaguy102
Full Member
they love legacy students that's for sureI have a 3.87 GPA and a 513 MCAT, I am from Texas but I had strong ties since my dad went there for med school, residency, and was faculty for a couple of years.
Pons Intended
Full Member
Does anyone know when we should be hearing back if we got NFA after our interview?
For those who have interviewed, what is the "anchor" interview?
Just a faculty interview. At least thats what it was for me.For those who have interviewed, what is the "anchor" interview?
futuremedmonkey
Full Member
For those who interviewed, how long did it take for you to get a follow up email. Also, does anyone remember the day they said they will meet and go over everyone on the NFA list?
They didn't give a date in my interview back in October, but they told us they would have an advocacy meeting in February. And I got my follow up email within 2-3 weeks if I'm remembering correctly.For those who interviewed, how long did it take for you to get a follow up email. Also, does anyone remember the day they said they will meet and go over everyone on the NFA list?
hopefulfuturemd!!
Full Member
II today! complete in August!
NFA this morning
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also got this, but got a second email saying to disregard because the next meeting is on February 21st.NFA this morning
reesesluver1938
Full Member
Anyone know anything about the general scholarship application here and how likely it is to receive one?
drdontfeelgood
New Member
For those accepted, how long did it take for your CYMS to pop up on AMCAS??
Geaux Golfing
Full Member
CYMS doesn’t launch until Feb 19thFor those accepted, how long did it take for your CYMS to pop up on AMCAS??
Do we think the NFA meeting decisions will go out later this week or early next week?
When I got my original NFA email, they met Friday and sent decisions Monday. I'm thinking they'll send decisions tomorrow.Do we think the NFA meeting decisions will go out later this week or early next week?
Geaux Golfing
Full Member
They sent an email saying that NFA decisions will go out 2 weeks after the meeting, so who knows.When I got my original NFA email, they met Friday and sent decisions Monday. I'm thinking they'll send decisions tomorrow.
No status change [emoji17]
SameNo status change [emoji17]
futuredoc1924
Full Member
sameSame
samesame
DillinGerK
New Member
IS, just got my first and the only A 🙂
mudbugbranchblock
Full Member
At this point is there any difference between NFA and WL?
Dr.Crawfish
New Member
In state accepted! I’m gonna be a doctor 😭🥹
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They don’t make WL until May from what they told me during the interviewAt this point is there any difference between NFA and WL?
MDhopefully123
New Member
If we were NFA'd twice, does that mean we have to wait until May to hear something back, or is there an advocacy meeting sooner?
scribedoc01
New Member
I think there's only one more advocacy meeting for NFA's in late April/early MayIf we were NFA'd twice, does that mean we have to wait until May to hear something back, or is there an advocacy meeting sooner?
whodattiger02
Full Member
For those who have applied and not gotten an interview yet, what are your stats and secondary submission date?
Dr.Crawfish
New Member
from what I remember them saying, they have an advocacy meeting every month from here on out so the next one would be probably middle of march. My interview day orientation I wrote down that they'll periodically accept or deny more people until they have a full class of people they think are going to commit but if you don't hear back my mid April then that's when you should decide to scrap this year and apply again.