2023-2024 LSU - New Orleans

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I turned in my secondary somewhat late (before the deadline, but outside of the 2-3 window in which I got it in late august)

I haven’t gotten an interview yet. Are they still actively interviewing people? I’ve been under active review since late November.

Should I start planning for next cycle? IS MCAT: 508, 3.7 GPA
 
I turned in my secondary somewhat late (before the deadline, but outside of the 2-3 window in which I got it in late august)

I haven’t gotten an interview yet. Are they still actively interviewing people? I’ve been under active review since late November.

Should I start planning for next cycle? IS MCAT: 508, 3.7 GPA
I believe that they continue interviewing until early/mid April, but those interviews might only be for a waitlist position. They received my secondary on 8/16, but I submitted the same week I received it. We have similar stats, and I received my interview invite in December to interview in January. Maybe you can call the admissions office on Thursday to get an update on your application. I have heard of them rejecting people for turning in their primary late but not secondaries. If you end up getting rejected you can ask for feedback for next cycle.
 
I turned in my secondary somewhat late (before the deadline, but outside of the 2-3 window in which I got it in late august)

I haven’t gotten an interview yet. Are they still actively interviewing people? I’ve been under active review since late November.

Should I start planning for next cycle? IS MCAT: 508, 3.7 GPA
Update just 2 days later: I got an interview 🙂 Let's goooooooooo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when the committee meets again at the end of this month if they are discussing NFA students or just March interviewees?
 
Does anyone know when the committee meeting is for March? Or when March interviewees will likely hear back with a decision?
 
pretty sure NFA won't be discussed until the end of April
Damn. Do any admitted students know the current count of admitted so far (GroupMe or FB)? I have a friend who is on the FB said around 120, but that does not seem accurate given how late into the cycle it is.
 
May 24? I wonder why a whole month later than previous years.
I think they mean for NFA people who are put onto WL. Currently, I think the dates from this year and previous years are April 5th (March Interviewees) and mid-late April for NFA (most likely the 24th or 31st) which should mostly be to see if you get put on WL. Best of luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn. Do any admitted students know the current count of admitted so far (GroupMe or FB)? I have a friend who is on the FB said around 120, but that does not seem accurate given how late into the cycle it is.
the groupme has 162 people, the facebook has 131. i think about 5 of each of those are the L1 students who run them.
 
hi everyone! l1 here starting our last block of the year. enjoy it a lot here and happy to answer questions!
(the most pressing of which for you guys that are on here - a ton of people i know got in during april/may so don't stress just yet!)
 
I know the committee is meeting this Fri (April 5) for some of the march interviews. Does that mean we should expect to hear from them that day or later next week?
 
NFA today. I wonder if any immediate acceptances are given out for March interviews, because I noticed during orientation Dr. McLean didn't mention anything about acceptances. She only mentioned the waitlist and what we should expect as far as the future advocacy meeting.
 
NFA today. I wonder if any immediate acceptances are given out for March interviews, because I noticed during orientation Dr. McLean didn't mention anything about acceptances. She only mentioned the waitlist and what we should expect as far as the future advocacy meeting.
NFA - 3/13. I heard the opposite actually. They told me during orientation that the most acceptances occur around this time, so I have no idea. I just hope that there are still enough spots available.
 
Is it more favorable to be on NFA or on WL?

The WL in my opinion. My interpretation of NFA is they didn’t have time to get to your application at the meeting so they’re pushing it. WL is they looked at it and thought you would do well but they don’t have the spots right now.
 
The next advocacy meeting is April 24. Does anyone know when the decisions from that meeting will be given out?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For any reapplicants, is the class size being around 165 typical around this time of year? Just looking at last year's thread, the class size was a bit larger around now.
 
How do you know the current class size is 165?
I don't know for sure, but if GroupMe has 173, I just took out 5-10 cause of the M1s. Looking at last year and the year before, the FB and GroupMe typically had around 180-190 around now, so idk. I obviously could be wrong, but it was just a guess since I do not think any March Interviewees got admitted (again, I could be way off).
 
I don't know for sure, but if GroupMe has 173, I just took out 5-10 cause of the M1s. Looking at last year and the year before, the FB and GroupMe typically had around 180-190 around now, so idk. I obviously could be wrong, but it was just a guess since I do not think any March Interviewees got admitted (again, I could be way off).
I know a March interviewee that got accepted last week
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if admissions accepts letters of intent/interest after interviewing? I could have sworn it was mentioned at orientation?