This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureunknown2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys thought I had any chance of getting into PCOM biomedical sciences program for the fall of 2018.

My Stats:
cGPA: 2.87
GPA over the past 2 years: 3.08
MCAT: 492 (retaking)

I have made significant progress over the last 2 semesters, making deans list. Do I have a shot?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
You should have a good chance of getting into the program especially since you have an upward trend in grades. If possible, try to study really well for your Mcat retake and land a +500 score.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, anyone applying to the PA area this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys just wondering if you guys thought I had a chance of getting into PCOM biomedical sciences program...

GPA:2.88
DAT score:18 (AA)

Took a bunch of upper level electives in undergrad like A&P, microbiology, and histology courses.

I know the PCOM website makes it clear that they aren't affiliated with medical schools, but are the chances of getting into medical school high if you do well enough in the program?

I applied!

It looks like we applied the same time. I applied to the GA campus. Have all of your documents been received? I've sent in transcripts more than once. It's going on 6 weeks now. My file is still showing as incomplete.

It looks like we applied the same time. I applied to the GA campus. Have all of your documents been received? I've sent in transcripts more than once. It's going on 6 weeks now. My file is still showing as incomplete.
I applied the first week of September...your fine lol

GA campus anyone?
Yep. Still waiting for my documents to change to receive. They state complete applications will be processed within 2 weeks, but they take 2 months to even upload your file.

Update: Application is complete.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So if you want to apply to the GA campus AND the PA campus do you have to send in two separate applications? Is there any way to designate that you want to apply to both, on one app?

So if you want to apply to the GA campus AND the PA campus do you have to send in two separate applications? Is there any way to designate that you want to apply to both, on one app?
Not sure.

Hey, I just called. You would have to apply separately, if you want to apply to both you'll have to pay the application fee($75) twice.

Hey, I just called. You would have to apply separately, if you want to apply to both you'll have to pay the application fee($75) twice.

Thanks! Do you know about transcripts? Online says all app materials get sent to PA. But should we send two copies for the two applications?

Thanks! Do you know about transcripts? Online says all app materials get sent to PA. But should we send two copies for the two applications?
GA- PCOM has their own mailing address for materials.

Do you have to include your MCAT? Let's say I took it last year but im retaking it this April.

Do you have to include your MCAT? Let's say I took it last year but im retaking it this April.

Application isn't complete until they receive official scores.

So, do I have to submit those old score or wait until I get the new score?

I would either email them or give them a call. Early strong apps are best. An April MCAT means you wont get scores back until May. If your old score is competitive for the program I'd submit now, but if you rock April MCAT it could look really good. Up to you. I'd get advice from someone at PCOM if I were you though. Your old score is going to show up on your score report regardless of when you submit.

Hey guys, I submitted my app last month but am concerned regarding my chances. I graduated with a subpar academic performance with a terrible cGPA of 2.6. I recently took my MCAT and I scored a 504 (my first time straight 126' across the board). I graduated a while back and have since worked in a few ER's as a Clinical Information Manager for 4 years, so my clinical experience is stellar. I also have other excellent EC's and used to also work as an EMT. Since graduating I have taken a few classes upper div science classes and managed A's. Does anyone have any recommendations for any programs I should be applying to?

Only way around it is if you have another test score such as a GRE. Eventually you are going to have to release the MCAT score if you are planning on applying to their DO program.

Hey guys, I submitted my app last month but am concerned regarding my chances. I graduated with a subpar academic performance with a terrible cGPA of 2.6. I recently took my MCAT and I scored a 504 (my first time straight 126' across the board). I graduated a while back and have since worked in a few ER's as a Clinical Information Manager for 4 years, so my clinical experience is stellar. I also have other excellent EC's and used to also work as an EMT. Since graduating I have taken a few classes upper div science classes and managed A's. Does anyone have any recommendations for any programs I should be applying to?
I'm definitely not qualified to give recommendations. It doesn't hurt to go to open houses and chat with directors/admissions staff. GA PCOM has them pretty frequently and the new director is friendly and open to answering questions like your own.

For those that are interested in attending the PCOM-GA campus, are you guys going to apply to Medical schools after the foundational year or after the full 2 years?

For those that are interested in attending the PCOM-GA campus, are you guys going to apply to Medical schools after the foundational year or after the full 2 years?

I'm applying this summer. I'm a post-bacc student and this will be my first round of applying to med schools. With a gap year, I figured it couldn't hurt to apply to GA-PCOM. Especially now that they have conditional acceptance for those with a 3.3gpa. From what I hear they have pulled students from the foundational year directly into the DO program the following year. I also met a student that got accepted after the second year.

Reactions: 1 users
Avoid this program. They are making it a lot harder for the biomeds to matriculate this year. Unless you are at top 5% performance wise, you stand a fair chance otherwise I’d study extra hard for the MCAT in order to get a 505 or better.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Nobody wanted to listen to me when I was saying this exact same thing 2 years ago when I was in the BM program. This is not the program you want to attend.

Nobody wanted to listen to me when I was saying this exact same thing 2 years ago when I was in the BM program. This is not the program you want to attend.

I'll listen. Thank you! I don't want to waste money because i'm looking for a program that will help me.

Avoid this program. They are making it a lot harder for the biomeds to matriculate this year. Unless you are at top 5% performance wise, you stand a fair chance otherwise I’d study extra hard for the MCAT in order to get a 505 or better.

Can you elaborate on why to avoid this program? Are you saying if you're not top 5% of the class then you need a 505 or better?

Yes it’s true. Seriously consider retaking the MCAT unless of course you have a bad GPA then this program might benefit you. But this school especially wants to see an MCAT above a 500 ideally a 504 or better. Every year the averages go up as for every other med school whether it’s allopathic or osteopathic.

I diaagreee with pretty nurse it’s conducive in gaining a better understanding of the type of classes you’ll encounter in medical school but I’ll say that the professors here urge you to apply even though you do not the minimum standards. Why lead the students on if there is no chance? Simply state that your MCAT needs to be higher and better. Giving false hope will lead many students disappointed and not to mention the expense of this program roughly 50-60 k

I diaagreee with pretty nurse it’s conducive in gaining a better understanding of the type of classes you’ll encounter in medical school but I’ll say that the professors here urge you to apply even though you do not the minimum standards. Why lead the students on if there is no chance? Simply state that your MCAT needs to be higher and better. Giving false hope will lead many students disappointed and not to mention the expense of this program roughly 50-60 k

Thank you for the perspective

I'm interested due to the conditional acceptance with a 3.3 gpa after the first year that they are starting at GA-PCOM. Are you saying the conditional acceptance isn't worth it?

What do you think of the new conditional acceptance they are starting at GA-PCOM?

Yeah but I think that depends on the class size. If the class size is full then the conditional acceptance is just as god as being waitlisted? Idk I think you should ask the admissions director Craig Brown

Eh. To each their own. I don’t find it conducive especially the way the courses are delivered. Maybe non thesis course topics lead you to think that?? Idk. It’s not even the same delivery for the DO program or some other close medical schools. The papers, the group projects, the video recordings (unless this has changed since I graduated this past May) all of that is what I’m referring to. So, maybe we just have different opposing opinions. Either way, I don’t think either of us are recommending the program. Good luck to everybody whichever direction you go in.

But I will say this if you do have a low GPA but a good MCAT this program might be good for you if you do well and maintain a solid GPA (3.3 or better.) if you have a low MCAT on the other hand, Avoid!!!

But I will say this if you do have a low GPA but a good MCAT this program might be good for you if you do well and maintain a solid GPA (3.3 or better.) if you have a low MCAT on the other hand, Avoid!!!

That makes sense. At their open house they said 80% of 2017 class entered medical school. Many into their DO program. I think anyone with a low MCAT should consider overseas if medical school at all. How would they get through the USMLE or even boards later.

I'd like to know if you two went on to medical school. I love the firsthand knowledge, but it would be nice to know how many in your class went on the medical school as well as if you got into a medical school or professional school.

That's the one shared goal we all have.

The application asks for one LOR. Would submitting two be frowned upon?

I just got accepted to the Philly campus today!! Anyone else get in?

Reactions: 2 users
What's the turn around time once everything has been received? Also, once the application is complete do we get an email saying that our app is under review or something?

What's the turn around time once everything has been received? Also, once the application is complete do we get an email saying that our app is under review or something?
On the website it says that nothing is sent out to confirm a complete application. Once your checklist has a date next to each requirement on your profile they will process your application in two weeks.

In my case my application was complete earlier this month after sending in multiple transcripts. It has been longer than two weeks.

do you guys hear back via email or via mail???