This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody send in GRE scores? I’m still waiting on Pcom to update mine on their status website. They were sent on June 14th & I’m still waiting on a response. I’ve emailed and called them on numerous occasions and they keep telling me it takes 10-14 days for them to process them. As of today still nothing. It’s very frustrating to deal with.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted: 6/26/18
Completed: 6/30/18
Accepted: 7/3/18 at PCOM-PA

Still deciding on other post-bac programs, but if anyone who has done the program could comment on the types of classes during 1st year??

Can any current students share what the weekly lecture/lab schedule looks like for the first semester? (Philly campus: molec basis and infectious process)

Members don't see this ad :)

Still deciding on other post-bac programs, but if anyone who has done the program could comment on the types of classes during 1st year??

When you mean completed, like everything was in the system (all your stuff scores and all that)? Then they mailed you a letter saying you got accepted? I had issues with my damn transcript being under a different ****ign name

When you mean completed, like everything was in the system (all your stuff scores and all that)? Then they mailed you a letter saying you got accepted? I had issues with my damn transcript being under a different ****ign name

Yes, completed = everything was updated in the system. They emailed me the acceptance letter and then a few days later, I received the letter in the mail.

Last edited:
Yes, completed = everything was updated in the system. They emailed me the acceptance letter and then a few days letter, I received the letter in the mail.

Thank you for the info! I hope to hear back tomorrow or Friday, completed on the 9th of July

Anybody send in GRE scores? I’m still waiting on Pcom to update mine on their status website. They were sent on June 14th & I’m still waiting on a response. I’ve emailed and called them on numerous occasions and they keep telling me it takes 10-14 days for them to process them. As of today still nothing. It’s very frustrating to deal with.

Did you hear back? I've had silence thus far. God damn this is painful, I dont wanna end up going to RWJMS or NJMS. Damnit.

Yes, completed = everything was updated in the system. They emailed me the acceptance letter and then a few days later, I received the letter in the mail.
Damn I've still yet to hear anything, can I just ask what your stats were?

**** because of my stupid transcript mistake, I'm currently on a waitlist, they're waiting to see who drops and all that stuff. Just a heads up, if you aren't going to the program could you lmk/pcom know about it, so hopefuls like me still have a shot. Greatly appreciate it.

**** because of my stupid transcript mistake, I'm currently on a waitlist, they're waiting to see who drops and all that stuff. Just a heads up, if you aren't going to the program could you lmk/pcom know about it, so hopefuls like me still have a shot. Greatly appreciate it.

Do you know what number you are on the wait list? And do you mind sharing your stats? Still waiting for anything, I turned my app in pretty late. Hoping spots open up.

Hi All! I was wondering if any former Philadelphia Biomeds could comment on the resources they used to study for their first year (or even just 1st trimester) courses. Review books, lecture slides, notes (I've been told there are class notes available for purchase), etc. Do you recommend purchasing any textbooks or sticking to lectures/review books? Any info. would be appreciated!!

Found this for now: On Blackboard, if you go to PCOM Library --> LibGuides --> Biomedical Sciences --> Philadelphia Course Resources, there is a list of recommended books.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do you know what number you are on the wait list? And do you mind sharing your stats? Still waiting for anything, I turned my app in pretty late. Hoping spots open up.

I have no idea about numbers on waitlist, I was completed late because of my name which was messed up on my application and transcript (completed July 9th). I just paid my deposit for Rutgers... Damn it. Still hoping though. Maybe it's because I'm a jersey student?

Stats: 3.1 cum GPA, 2.8 sgpa, 318 GRE overall, **** ton of research, military stuff, clinical/volunteer hours all the gabba gabba

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accept to the PA campus!! I'm really excited but wow this is late in the cycle. Any females looking for roommates??

I got accept to the PA campus!! I'm really excited but wow this is late in the cycle. Any females looking for roommates??

Damn when did u find out/when did you apply/stats? I'm literally in orientation for a different school right now but still waiting for PCOM damnit I wanna live in philly so bad

Damn when did u find out/when did you apply/stats? I'm literally in orientation for a different school right now but still waiting for PCOM damnit I wanna live in philly so bad

My acceptance email came about three weeks ago but got lost in my spam folder. :( I saw it a few days ago!

Edit: I realize I didn't actually answer your questions--

Applied 5/2, Application complete 5/17
Accepted 7/18

2.9 gpa (2.4 science gpa), extensive volunteer/clinical hours and decent research. A lot of non-medicine related interests/hobbies as well

I think they may still have open spots, I hope you hear back from them soon!

Last edited:
My acceptance email came about three weeks ago but got lost in my spam folder. :( I saw it a few days ago!

Edit: I realize I didn't actually answer your questions--

Applied 5/2, Application complete 5/17
Accepted 7/18

2.9 gpa (2.4 science gpa), extensive volunteer/clinical hours and decent research. A lot of non-medicine related interests/hobbies as well

I think they may still have open spots, I hope you hear back from them soon!

Cool cool kick butt!! Thanks for the positive vibes!

Damn. Orientation was today. Good luck guys! Twas dope to apply.

do you mind sharing your stats??

I was wondering if you guys thought I had any chance of getting into PCOM biomedical sciences program for the fall of 2018.

My Stats:
cGPA: 2.87
GPA over the past 2 years: 3.08
MCAT: 492 (retaking)

I have made significant progress over the last 2 semesters, making deans list. Do I have a shot?

I am in a dilemma right now because I just received my acceptance today for fall of 2019 through email but I am not sure if I am able to go. I just started my scribe job since I need to work on my clinical experience. I honestly did not expect the acceptance letter since I applied to PCOM last month lol. I feel if I accept this offer, I would have a very low clinical experience and I think they would reject me in the interview for PCOM DO for that even if I passed their requirements.

cGPA: 3.42
sGPA: 3.30
MCAT: 505

Hey there! Anyone here who did the PCOM-MBS (Philadelphia campus) program with an aim to get into their DO Program? How was your experience? Did you get accepted into their DO program as they say on their website for "guaranteed admission?" If you don't mind, please do share your stats during the program /MCAT score. All help will be much appreciated!

I've been accepted to PCOM MSBS, VCOM/Bluefield MABS, and Barry University's MSBS. After reading the comments on the entirety of this thread it has brought some light to the PCOM program. I was wondering if anyone had any other input/opinions on which program would be the best. Obviously no matter where I go I need to work hard, but just wondering if anyone has any other advice or things they've heard from other students before I make a decision on where to go in a few days.

MCAT: 494
undergrad GPA: 3.37
Medical Scribe for 2 years

VCOM: I meet the benchmark MCAT score, so as long as I keep a 3.6 in the Fall and a 3.4 in the Spring I am automatically admitted to their medical class. But, if I am unable to attain that GPA, this school doesn't offer MCAT prep so that might hurt my chances of getting in to another DO school after completing their program if I don't earn that automatic addmittance. They also offer an MA instead of an MS which I'm not sure the exact difference that would mean for my future. 9 month/1 year program.

PCOM: Kaplan MCAT prep listed on their website, which I did self paced last year which didn't seem to work for me, but a lot of negative student reviews in threads and the conditional acceptance sounds extremely difficult from those comments as well. 1-2 year program.

Barry: 70% of their MSBS students in the last two years were accepted to MD/DO schools, 18 month track for the Masters. No MCAT prep offered but what I read on a separate thread is students felt prepared to take it again, not sure that would work for me but... also No conditional or automatic acceptance to any medical schools.

I've really done a lot of research on these programs but I just can't seem to make a decision so any feedback would be great.

If there is a better place to post this please give me the link!

Thanks so much!
What school did you end up attending?

Hey guys just wondering if you guys thought I had a chance of getting into PCOM biomedical sciences program...

GPA:2.88
DAT score:18 (AA)

Took a bunch of upper level electives in undergrad like A&P, microbiology, and histology courses.
Hey, I was wondering if you ended up going to PCOM as a predental?