PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Thread Entering 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait listed, notified by letter :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when we will be notified of our status if we were wait listed?

I was waitlisted last year. They will call or email you if are selected. Otherwise its a patient waiting game until the end of July. Apply early next year to avoid being waitlisted is my only other advise.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that I should call,but the email said not to call regarding the status of the wait list.

Has anyone tried calling to ask about the waitlist? I am also on the waitlist and this waiting is killing me!

I called and emailed. They said they can't reveal positions in the wait list :(

Well I hope we get in soon, PCOM is such a great school and I really want to go there this fall. Good luck to everyone who is waitlisted!

I knew they would not tell us a position on the waitlist. I really would like to know if there are any seats left or are we just waiting for someone to drop their seat. Does anyone know if all the seats have been filled?

I don't know, I thought they were still interviewing.:confused:

I knew they would not tell us a position on the waitlist. I really would like to know if there are any seats left or are we just waiting for someone to drop their seat. Does anyone know if all the seats have been filled?

To accepted students, is there a facebook page for a class of 2016?I saw one was made recently but when I checked today it was gone! There is a facebook page only for Philadelphia campus. :(

To accepted students, is there a facebook page for a class of 2016?I saw one was made recently but when I checked today it was gone! There is a facebook page only for Philadelphia campus. :(

search for "GA-PCOM Pharmacy class of 2016" on facebook

Hey guys, for those of you who are accepted, or currently attending the school, can you please explain how financial aid and the loans work please? I just want to know how do we apply for loans, how much do we get, and do we apply for them or the school does. ? I also will not be able to work while I'm in school so I'm worried how I'm going to pay for my expenses etc...
I really appreciate it, thank you so much

Hey guys, for those of you who are accepted, or currently attending the school, can you please explain how financial aid and the loans work please? I just want to know how do we apply for loans, how much do we get, and do we apply for them or the school does. ? I also will not be able to work while I'm in school so I'm worried how I'm going to pay for my expenses etc...
I really appreciate it, thank you so much

This was the biggest factor in my choosing PCOM over another school. I double checked with their financial aid twice on the issue and it was confirmed by them. PCOM only uses your FASFA family contribution to give you grants from the school.

This school calculates that you need roughly about 55k a year for cost of living/tuition/etc. You can borrow up to 55k (increases with each years tuition increase) in government loans. 21,500 being federal direct loan (max each year) and the rest would be a grad plus loan under your name. Anything beyond that, I was told you can request a recalculations, but I'd assume you'd then need to go private. Private loans won't qualify for government repayment programs though, so check into what you want to do as far as repayment.

This calculation only applies to PCOM only.

Hawaii and Chicago were my two other choices, but I worked all last year so My family contribution was high. 16k. They calculate their Cost at 49k and 32k respectively. But with my family contribution the most I could get in federal loans would of been 33K and 16K from federal loans. Hawaii tuition is 36k and Chicago's tuition is 12k. Not enough to loans to get me through for rent/etc.

Id talk to financial aid for whichever school you are considering before putting a deposit down. I won't have family help and do not plan to work as well, so I needed loans to get me through.

Once you get accepted, you'll fill out your fasfa and send it to the prospective schools. Once they have that info they will send you your award notices and you can choose to accept those loans at that time. You can accept loans up to that 55k amount. So if you wanted you could take out 40k and if you needed more, you can request it later on as to save on interested for your 4 years of school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my acceptance letter via email today! :D

I sent in my application and supp app on the deadline (April 1st), received an interview invite on April 16th, interviewed on May 2nd, and just received my confirmation today. Anybody else here interview on May 2nd? Still waiting on the final decision from a couple other schools, but I am pretty excited!

Oh yeah, I was the asian dude with the "Italian" look..... I forgot my dress socks >.<

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I just received an acceptance email yay! Originally, I didn't hold much hope for PCOM-GA and so I put in a deposit at Appalachian College of Pharmacy in Oakwood, VA. Now I have the hard decision of choosing between the schools and in all honesty, I have no idea which one is better. I am totally easy going, so either school atmosphere works for me, but since some of you may know more about the school than I do, I was wondering if anyone can help me pick between the two.

(the necrotizing fasciitis situation in GA is scaring me a teeeny tiny bit :p)

THANKS GUYS!

Has anyone that has been wait-listed heard anything??? I am really nervous about it, because I really want to go to PCOM.

Has anyone that has been wait-listed heard anything??? I am really nervous about it, because I really want to go to PCOM.

Just got a phone call today. They were asking if I was still interested in the school. I said of course, then she said that they were going to start pulling from the wait list and to expect something in the mail in the coming two weeks... I'm hoping this phone call means that I'm pretty high on the list? Otherwise why would she say to expect something in the next two weeks...

Just got a phone call today. They were asking if I was still interested in the school. I said of course, then she said that they were going to start pulling from the wait list and to expect something in the mail in the coming two weeks... I'm hoping this phone call means that I'm pretty high on the list? Otherwise why would she say to expect something in the next two weeks...

Well that is great! Hopefully I will hear something soon!

Has anyone heard back from May 4th interview?

The necrotizing fasciitis situation is not common, and the chances of you making a homemade zip line, riding it, and contracting the flesh eating bacteria...all together..is VERY LOW. :)

PCOM is a great school with supportive classmates and professors, one of the main reasons as to why it was my top choice (along with location).

Those the wait list, keep your head up!

I hope to see you all in August. :)

Got acceptance email today! Will be accepting! See you pcom class of 2016!

Hi! I was waitlisted and got my acceptance call 2 weeks ago yay!!! I sent in my deposit, and I'm looking for a roomate (female) for fall of 2016. Please message me if interested.

Congrats on everyone on being accepted to GA-PCOM! Its going to be an exciting 4 years. We have a facebook page set up for all accepted students, GA-PCOM Pharmacy Class of 2016. Good luck to all students currently working their way through the application cycle. Couple words of advice if you do not get accepted this year, APPLY EARLY! You already have your application completed for this year, so next year it should be easier to have it done by August or September at the latest. The earlier you apply the better chance you have to being accepted. Even if you have low stats ( I had 47 PCAT Cummulative and 2.9 PharmCas GPA) you still have a chance if you APPLY EARLY! Do not wait to start having to compete with the students that have better stats. They will WIN everytime.
I had a question in regards to your comment. I'm applying for fall 2013. I actually have very similar stats for gpa and pcat. except my gpa is a 2.66. do you think pcom would still give me an interview if I sent in everything by august?

Hi! I was waitlisted and got my acceptance call 2 weeks ago yay!!! I sent in my deposit, and I'm looking for a roomate (female) for fall of 2016. Please message me if interested.
When did you interview?

PCOM has raised their GPA standards. The website PharmCas is where the first part of the application is completed. PCOM-GA new standards are a minimum GPA of 3.0 starting next year (found on their school information part). I would call the school and ask them about your GPA. Otherwise my best advice would be to apply early to other schools that still have a minimum GPA of 2.5. You have to lower your standards to what schools you want to get into. You will have to choose new schools or almost new schools that are looking to fill their first pharmacy class. The only fall back is that these schools are expensive and they have not been accredited yet. But that is probably the best chance you have to getting in. GA-PCOM just happens to be a GREAT new school that I am more than excited to attend this fall and meet new lifelong friends. These are the schools I targeted and I got in :)

I just got my Financial Aid award information. If this helps other people make their decision. It was one of my biggest factors. The estimate 57182 is the total financial aid you can receive. Tuition is 32k. I spoke to some of the students when I toured last week and was told, that the books that you need are all online. The school has a virtual library. You dont necesarily need to buy any books. This may help with your decision also. The school library is open until 3am everyday and there are security guards at the front and back entrance. You need to have a badge to get into the school biudling. During finals week, the school is open 24/7. Whatever your situation is, just something to help you along the way. Atleast you know you can get up to 57k in government loans. They give you plenty to live off of and housing is relatively cheap compared to California.

PCOM has raised their GPA standards. The website PharmCas is where the first part of the application is completed. PCOM-GA new standards are a minimum GPA of 3.0 starting next year (found on their school information part). I would call the school and ask them about your GPA. Otherwise my best advice would be to apply early to other schools that still have a minimum GPA of 2.5. You have to lower your standards to what schools you want to get into. You will have to choose new schools or almost new schools that are looking to fill their first pharmacy class. The only fall back is that these schools are expensive and they have not been accredited yet. But that is probably the best chance you have to getting in. GA-PCOM just happens to be a GREAT new school that I am more than excited to attend this fall and meet new lifelong friends. These are the schools I targeted and I got in :)

I'm going to apply for Class of 2017 at PCOM! I really hope I get in! :laugh:

I got a call today asking if I was still interested in going to their school, and that they had emailed and sent out a letter of acceptance. I received the email, I am super excited!

Last edited:
Accepted!
just got my e-mail today.

Looking for a female roommate.
I'm an asian female. Clean. Not loud.

Accepted!
just got my e-mail today.

Looking for a female roommate.
I'm an asian female. Clean. Not loud.

I'm interested, the only problem is are you ok with a cat in the apt? Cause I'm going to be bringing my kitty. She's super sweet and friendly, doesn't bite, and is quiet most of the time!

What are some names of good apartment complexes around campus? is it safe? What is a good neighborhood and could you guys give me some names of apt of where most PCOM students are staying?

What are some names of good apartment complexes around campus? is it safe? What is a good neighborhood and could you guys give me some names of apt of where most PCOM students are staying?

I looked at a bunch when I went to go visit. I tried to find apartments that are mostly students. It seems like alot of the DO and pharmacy students are the 5375 sugarloaf. I also looked the century apartments. They all seem pretty nice. They have different policies and prices though. See what suits your needs more.

promove was a service that showed me another apartment. Wesley Harrington. They were pretty cheap (Actually the cheapest in my search). But I found out its alot of families and most poeple there are in between homes, waiting to move into a house. I'd talk to the staff and see what type of poeple rent there. I'd rather not be around alot of young kids running around...etc..and I had a dog so I needed to find a place that didnt charge pet rent.

This was all within 5 miles of the school.

is pcom still doing interviews? are they just waiting for people to accept their spots or have they been picking people from the waiting list already?

is pcom still doing interviews? are they just waiting for people to accept their spots or have they been picking people from the waiting list already?

I know there was one person who just joined the facebook saying they were pulled off the waistist..so as far as I know, they are now pulling from the list. Unsure if they are still interviewing.

The thread for the school I am DYING to hear back from is "dead". I've been the last post-er for I don't know, even since I posted about being wait-listed?

I hope it's OK with you guys if I stick around a bit to ask a question :)

I received an e-mail from the admissions counselor that the Committee started the process of accepting waitlisted students and to reply if wanting to remain as a candidate. I OBVIOUSLY replied Yes! Yes! YES! ( In my head!) but I haven't received back a response, it's been a week. I am nervous...

I'm always dissecting things... what could this mean. Merp.

Does anyone know if they are still pulling off the waitlist or if there are any seats available?

I was wondering if anyone is still looking for a female roommate? I have seen some townhouses 1/2 miles from campus that I am interested in.

Does anyone mind posting your stats for class of 2016? I'm planning to apply next year. my ONLY concern is PCAT..I know it's not the only factor playing in a role but ..just wanted to hear from ya'll where you stand in GPA, PCAT, Pharmacy-related experiences, etc. Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if anyone is still looking for a female roommate? I have seen some townhouses 1/2 miles from campus that I am interested in.

I just got accepted, and I need to find a roommate also.

Hey I'm interested. I'm looking for a female roommate as well.

Hey I'm interested. I'm looking for a female roommate as well.

Have y'all found roommates? I dk where to live and I haven't found a roommate. I am a female and will be entering the pharmacy program.

Hey Guys! Just wanted to let you guys still on the wait-list know that I just emailed them today to withdraw my seat for the class of 2016. Goodluck to those still waiting!

Thanks for letting us know about you giving up your seat. I have been waiting for a long time and am ready to uncross all my fingers: )

Hey guys, I have applied for financial aid for pcom and I got the $20,000 from the federal loans but I have no idea how to pay the other $10,000 plus my living expenses!! I have applied for the plus loan and I was declined and now i'm in the appeal process but if that doesn't work what are my other options? I'm not working and I have no other ways of income. Please help...any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I have applied for financial aid for pcom and I got the $20,000 from the federal loans but I have no idea how to pay the other $10,000 plus my living expenses!! I have applied for the plus loan and I was declined and now i'm in the appeal process but if that doesn't work what are my other options? I'm not working and I have no other ways of income. Please help...any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

grad plus you could take on a co-signer if you have bad credit. your only other choice would be personal bank loans. I dont think they'll let you start unless tuition is paid before first day of class. not 100 percent sure. I'd call financial aid and talk to them directly. Im sure they could give you better directions then this forum.

Does anyone mind posting your stats for class of 2016? I'm planning to apply next year. my ONLY concern is PCAT..I know it's not the only factor playing in a role but ..just wanted to hear from ya'll where you stand in GPA, PCAT, Pharmacy-related experiences, etc. Thanks in advance!

3.1 GPA
43 PCAT
4 years experience
great interveiw and great written response (IMO)