PCOM Welcome Brunch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smile

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who from here is going to the upcoming PCOM welcome brunch? I will be there, and am looking forward to meeting everyone else attending!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I plan on going to the brunch.

See you there,
Alisa
smile.gif

I'm going as well!!

See you there.

Jeff

------------------
JDG
PCOM 2004

Members don't see this ad :)
This makes four of us that are going to the brunch. See ya all there.

I hope more than four of us will be going!

I'll be there also! In addition to looking forward to meeting my fellow classmates, I hope to make some headway on the housing/roommates situation as "the clock is ticking". I had the opportunity to visit the area recently and found the Manayunk section of Philly wasn't as nice as I expected it to be. Maybe I was looking in the wrong area? Further, the area near the school seems fine and is LOADED with VERY nice apartments. If you're lucky enough to have a compatible roommate/roommates, the rents seem to be "doable".
See you all April 2!!!!!!

------------------

rog

Hey friends, I will greet you at the Brunch as well. Looking forward to it! Hey, Roger!
Brian 2004

Hi All,

I am also planning to attend the PCOM brunch this weekend. And, I want to check out the housing situation while I am in town. I hope current students will be there so I can ask about which apartments to investigate and which ones to avoid. Hope to see you all there.

Hey Brian!
see you 4/2!

------------------

rog

I plan on attending as well. The invite seemed kind of ambiguous. Do any of you know if we are allowed to bring a guest?

I was wondering about the guest thing too. I live 10 minutes from PCOM so it would be nice to snag some free food! I didnt reply though yet.

as a first year at pcom, i remember doing this brunch last year. it was a good time for sure. there'll be a faculty member at the table with you and at least 5-6 of your future fellow classmates. we all exchanged emails and phone numbers, kept in contact and drank like crazy once we met for orientation along with many other new colleagues (during the many consecutive nights of bar hopping in that first week...).

so i say cheers to all you seniors. congrats on getting in. enjoy the last semester because first year is gonna come and kick you in your face (but it's so totally worth it).

I'll be there also! In addition to looking forward to meeting my fellow classmates, I hope to make some headway on the housing/roommates situation as "the clock is ticking". I had the opportunity to visit the area recently and found the Manayunk section of Philly wasn't as nice as I expected it to be. Maybe I was looking in the wrong area? Further, the area near the school seems fine and is LOADED with VERY nice apartments. If you're lucky enough to have a compatible roommate/roommates, the rents seem to be "doable".
See you all April 2!!!!!!

------------------

rog

As far as apartments within walking distance of campus, Beekman is pretty nice. Presidential can be nice, but it's hit or miss depending on which tower you are in (from what other students tell me) Some people live in Lincoln Green, but I haven't heard much about it. Iriqouis is walkable too. I have heard good things about Imperial Towers. A quick drive but walking would probably get old pretty quickly.

im going...how strict u think they were on that deposit due fri..i sent it fri bc tthought that was the postmark date...uh oh

I will also be going to the brunch, looking forward to meeting everyone.