Penn Vet c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This wait for more interview invites is killing me šŸ˜­ I think seeing everyone getting accepted to CSU and Cornell yesterday is making me antsy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
This wait for more interview invites is killing me šŸ˜­ I think seeing everyone getting accepted to CSU and Cornell yesterday is making me antsy
Donā€™t forget CSU and Cornell donā€™t interview. AND even if you donā€™t get in, you can always reapply (itā€™s taken me 3 cycles to get accepted)

Reactions: 1 user
Donā€™t forget CSU and Cornell donā€™t interview. AND even if you donā€™t get in, you can always reapply (itā€™s taken me 3 cycles to get accepted)
oh i didnā€™t apply to those schools! All my schools interview so itā€™s taking much longer to hear back but I was just saying itā€™s making my antsy seeing all the acceptances šŸ˜­ but congrats on the acceptance after 3 cycles, you should be so proud!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
oh i didnā€™t apply to those schools! All my schools interview so itā€™s taking much longer but I was just saying itā€™s making my antsy seeing all the acceptances šŸ˜­ but you arenā€™t wrong, reapplying is always an option and I know how difficult it is to get in
I applied to a mix of schools that interview and donā€™t interview. Itā€™s stressful either way while waiting. Definitely donā€™t give up on applying again

Hoping we hear something today! I heard that they sent a wave of in state rejections with the first round of interviews, has anyone else heard anything?

Hoping we hear something today! I heard that they sent a wave of in state rejections with the first round of interviews, has anyone else heard anything?
Oof. I didnā€™t hear that about rejections, but slightly makes me feel a little better being IS

Is this 12:45 EST? And yeah, I was wondering the same thing as bryanna since no one else has said anything yet, unless their second wave of invites is still a smaller group.

Is this 12:45 EST? And yeah, I was wondering the same thing as bryanna since no one else has said anything yet, unless their second wave of invites is still a smaller group.
Yeah this was EST. Iā€™m not sure about others. Hoping for the best for everyone! šŸ˜»

Members don't see this ad :)
How far out did penn say they did interview invites? Is it mid February for the last batch?

How far out did penn say they did interview invites? Is it mid February for the last batch?
I remember last year I didn't hear about my denial until end of Feb. They truly hold onto your apps through the very end of interviews (Feb) to fill open interview spots. If you don't get a rejection early on or during Jan and early Feb, it's no news is good news

Really wondering if they just roll these invites out, I've only heard about the 2 invites on here and nothing else has been posted about PennVet on the FB page.

For people who did get interview invites is the date for 1/21??

Has there been rejections yet at all?
Someone said above that there were IS rejections before the first wave of interviews came out. Looking back in this thread too, I saw that some rejections come out before the first wave of interviews. Lol so I guess congrats to all of us who have made it this far!

Someone said above that there were IS rejections before the first wave of interviews came out. Looking back in this thread too, I saw that some rejections come out before the first wave of interviews. Lol so I guess congrats to all of us who have made it this far!
Oh cool and I hopešŸ˜‚ Iā€™m OOS in New Jersey so letā€™s hope so more interviews come lol.

Oh cool and I hopešŸ˜‚ Iā€™m OOS in New Jersey so letā€™s hope so more interviews come lol.
Same here! I saw that Rowan is finally planning on opening a vet school but that won't be for another 2 or 3 years. I wish we had more schools in the area!

Same here! I saw that Rowan is finally planning on opening a vet school but that won't be for another 2 or 3 years. I wish we had more schools in the area!
Same and I hope by then Iā€™ll be in vet school lol. That would be nice being that nj is so densely populated.

thank you! I guess Iā€™m just curious why it seems like thereā€™s so few interview invites at a time
same but I feel like i donā€™t see many people on SDN or APVMA so maybe a lot of applicants just arenā€™t on these pages šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø iā€™m also shocked more people donā€™t apply to penn, iā€™m sure thereā€™s more applicants this cycle but still! I feel like itā€™s a popular school

same but I feel like i donā€™t see many people on SDN or APVMA so maybe a lot of applicants just arenā€™t on these pages šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø iā€™m also shocked more people donā€™t apply to penn, iā€™m sure thereā€™s more applicants this cycle but still! I feel like itā€™s a popular school

probably $$$ and city location can be a con for many!

those were exactly my thoughts iā€™d price and location, especially cause philly gets such a bad rep šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
I was just going to say this for the money because even being IS, I could go OOS for cheaper tuition

I was just going to say this for the money because even being IS, I could go OOS for cheaper tuition
RIP guys, my instate is VMCVM and that IS tuition is šŸ‘ŒšŸ¼ chefs kiss. Tufts and Penn IS are so expensive for what

So now they should be sending out interviews weekly right?

I just confirmed with admissions and he said the following about interviews:

ā€œHonestly, it can be right up to the last interview. We always try to give at least a week notice, but we also have withdraws where interviews spot open up. Really all depends and we are constantly reviewing applications for interviewsā€¦right to the end. Not a great answerā€¦I wish it was more preciseā€

Ahh this waiting game is hard! We got this though!! Sending positive energy to all of you!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Tufts is my "in state" too. Is there a 2026 forum for them? (because I also don't want to look at it haha)
lol there is, I can send you the link if you ever decide that you do want to look at it. But if you were wondering, there hasn't been any word on the second set of interview invites yet (probably will come out on the 15th if they're following last year's schedule)

What time do you think they will send interview invites, if at all?

What time do you think they will send interview invites, if at all?
They could send them anytime honestly šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø first wave heard earlier in the morning, last wave heard in the afternoon around 12:45ish! Iā€™m really hoping they send another wave today or tomorrow!!

Has anyone heard anything today? I was hoping they would do it every Wednesday now

They probably have people here watching us tk mess with us

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
was really hoping weā€™d hear something today :ā€™)

Reactions: 3 users