PERIO Match/Pass 2020-2021

Started by DMDdoggo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DMDdoggo

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
- Has anyone sent out applications yet? What is considered a "late" application submission? Do applicants usually send out applications as soon as PASS opens?
- Does anyone have insider tips on which schools will not be accepting applicants/recruiting internally this year?


Feel free to comment below with other questions you may have.
 
Thanks for starting this thread.
Would be interesting to know if any schools are recruiting internally as I don’t want to waste an application!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
first time posting in the forum🙂
Has anyone received a completion email from VCU? I am checking the forum from 2018 and it looks like VCU sent out invites early July. I have not had my check cashed or any email regarding them receiving my secondary application so just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back about application completion and/or their check cashed from VCU? I have sent them two emails and no answer. I am currently out of the country and worried that my secondary has gotten lost.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only schools that I am aware of personally that have given invites are Oklahoma and Tennessee.
Not sure about any of the others Bc I didn’t apply to the above mentioned.
 
Only schools that I am aware of personally that have given invites are Oklahoma and Tennessee.
Not sure about any of the others Bc I didn’t apply to the above mentioned.
really? i didn't even get completion email from Tennesse. Did you?
 
Is anyone applying to GPRs as a backup? With the whole match system, is it not to your favor to list backups? The rationality being that if you're "okay" with going to a GPR (vs getting accepted immediately to perio), then it's "okay" to not match you to perio as you wanted.

Also follow up question, can perio schools SEE if you applied to GPR/ whatever other schools?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone successfully send their NBDE official scores to UCLA? I tried using the email that was on their website But I got an email from the board saying the email I requested was incorrect.
 
These are programs I'v heard from for interviews and respective interview dates....

Tennessee-August 12th
Louisville-August 15th
Nova-September 16th