Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One thing that really brought us down at endgame was that damn nyanko protection--at that point we were cruising along pretty well, just a couple more lynch/night kill cycles and we could've ended it. By process of elimination that day, I figured hayley had to be the protector, but was reluctant to target her since she had just come out of the nether and had expressed possibility of getting wolfkilled overnight, thought she may protect herself (wolves face WIFOM, too!). We decided Nyanko was a safe choice--wasn't among the village suspects so it would eliminate a "cleared" person, and she had been quiet that day so we assumed she'd be unlikely to be thought about for protection...but then she was. :laugh: well played, hayley! (nyanko was one of our considerations for conversion, too! She really should've died earlier, with all she knew :p)

Losing the convert Promo before me was another huge blow. Once that happened I figured my one very last chance was a PBC lynch (not DVMD because delayed death), so DVMD's use of that item on PBC was the final nail in my coffin :dead:

LOL, the night that I was about to get lynched but then got role-revealed and the vote moved to Dy last-minute instead, I was like OH CRAP I WAS JUST TRYING TO DEFEND, I DIDN'T WANT THIS. it was very lucky that Dy had borrowed DVMD's ability that day--I was all worried that I'd just gotten my last partner lynched and would have to muck through the rest of the game all alone (plus the conversion) as a first-timer.

Really, really enjoyed my first time as a wolf (in shock I was able to last so long--I'll attribute this to the great cover-potential of my role & ability). I want to thank Promo, Genny, Dy for being my wolfpack partners (plus honorary LIS, because that was absolutely beautiful). :) Wish Genny hadn't died so early cause we coulda wrought even more havoc with that double-kill potential (and continue to disguise it as mechanics for as long as we could!)
Also now a bit sad I killed chaos Jil because that would've been great to see play out, plus distract from us!
Not beautiful. Very very ugly. :p lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Had fun with the role. I was kind of annoyed to be randomly killed on a lynch I had nothing to do with it, but that's lady luck for you.

I probably couldn't have participated much after I was killed (as the dead probably noticed), so it softened the blow.

Sorry I didn't stick to my guns on Dyachei, but I have rarely been right about her in the past (villager or wolf), and that was messing with my head.

Reactions: 1 users
Good job villagers! I'm so glad my faith in Hayley and PBC was so well placed! Also wolves, great timing on my death. Made lack of participation on vacation no biggie :)

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good job villagers! I'm so glad my faith in Hayley and PBC was so well placed! Also wolves, great timing on my death. Made lack of participation on vacation no biggie :)

I was so happy that you, Kam, and Promo were all villagers when I died (and that MJ ahd been a villager as well). Don't remember if I mentioned that in dead chat.

Though if I'd seen LIS flip wolf deva would've gone down much sooner... via rabid rabbit

I could not BELIEVE that Deva didn't get lynched sooner. I mean. WTH? I flip wolf and people are just like "Ohhhhhh..... I guess Deva didn't know which way her rez would come back......"

That should have been an auto-lynch the second I flipped scum. Not even a QUESTION.

Reactions: 4 users
I voted for Deva every day except the one where I voted for Promo after that.

LOL half the time you were going after me

If I hadn't be in the last batch of people at the end, and getting Promo as the last convert wolf, making me the only mod-verified not original wolf when taht ws what we were looking for not sure we would have known who to vote for.

LOL half the time you were going after me

If I hadn't be in the last batch of people at the end, and getting Promo as the last convert wolf, making me the only mod-verified not original wolf when taht ws what we were looking for not sure we would have known who to vote for.
You know she only voted for you like...once, right?

I could not BELIEVE that Deva didn't get lynched sooner. I mean. WTH? I flip wolf and people are just like "Ohhhhhh..... I guess Deva didn't know which way her rez would come back......"

That should have been an auto-lynch the second I flipped scum. Not even a QUESTION.
:thumbup::thumbup:

There was some real convoluted logic there. Sure it is possible it was a perverted game mechanic, but still.....

Sometimes you just have to do the obvious thing.

Oh, @LetItSnow , you never could have gotten away with that lynch of Abney if I was there. I thought she was a wolf until you went postal on her. I thought that was so obviously you being an annoyed converted wolf just not giving a **** and trying the most outrageous strategy you could.

and it worked.

props to you!

Her not getting lynched was partly my fault because of the incorrect conversion answer I gave. Honestly just didn't think of her rez as a conversion (I was thinking your standard fare ones) until STB pointed it out like a day later. Then my clarification really didn't help much.

The thing that I talked about in dead chat about Deva's rez that should have tipped off that there was something weird was how evil that ability would have been to give to a villager. Only true helpfulness of a limited rez is to either bolster numbers at end game or bring back important information (/possibly important one time abilities, depending on if the mechanic allows the rez'd to use them or not). In all of those situations, having the rez come back scum is an absolute dingus move for a villager role. If she (hypothetical villager Deva) used her role in endgame like you'd expect, she could have actually won the game for the wolves.

I sometimes do roles that are a little ambiguous (like, for example, I'm really curious if you guys would have figured out Zen/Mooshroom as your affiliation seer this game) but I'm usually not an absolute jerk with them.

Oh, @LetItSnow , you never could have gotten away with that lynch of Abney if I was there. I thought she was a wolf until you went postal on her. I thought that was so obviously you being an annoyed converted wolf just not giving a **** and trying the most outrageous strategy you could.

and it worked.

props to you!
Hahaha why would you think I was a wolf?!

Also I missed the whole time that LIS was doing his magic. I like to think I would have argued with him but I had no real feels on Abney at that point.