Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll probably get mod killed for not editing the above. Don't care. Good luck village.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you remember what was said about original wolves earlier in the game? If not, I'll look through to find it tomorrow.

Not going to make a vote yet tonight because I want to look that up first.

You know Cray isn't original. You know I didn't kill last night. You know what you are (whatever that is). How are you not ready to vote for Deva?

Members don't see this ad :)
You know Cray isn't original. You know I didn't kill last night. You know what you are (whatever that is). How are you not ready to vote for Deva?

I am, I'm asking about where the info came about us having one original left. Where did that come from? Because that is the only thing I want to verify before lynching deva because it is the only thing keeping me from lynching Crayola. I want to verify that info, that is all.

I'll probably get mod killed for not editing the above. Don't care. Good luck village.
I have not once threatened to mod kill DVMD, nor plan to. I asked her to remove her quote in deference to this rule listed in the initial post:

No quoting mod PMs. You may paraphrase, but do not directly copy and paste.​

My goal is to make this game have more of an emphasis on what people say and their actions, not comparing roles or night results and catching people in small traps like that. That is why I ask for paraphrasing. I think it is reasonable. DVMD disagrees because that is not the way the game has been traditionally played. That is fine.

@DVMDream, a warning. Please do not do it again, and it would be nice - although obviously moot now - if you would edit.

Last edited:
I want to be sure that we are 100% searching for an original and not a second convert, that's it. Because I've seen before that we've repeated we have 1 original or 1 convert left and have it not be true in the end....so simply verifying that info before lynching. Like verifying how many mLs of a drug you are giving a patient before giving it.

The shoe hat confirmed that the game would have 2 wolf converts. We've already found them: Promo and LIS. We know we have one wolf left and we know that they must be original.

Reactions: 1 user
I quoted the mods but I did it in pm so I didn't get the public wrist slapping :p

@DVMDream, a warning. Please do not do it again, and it would be nice - although obviously moot now - if you would edit.

It is edited, but I will not follow this rule in future games.

There is no way to know if when someone claims the mods told me.... blah blah blah that it is true. Heck even with the quote tags in it, that ish is easily edited. People have even faked screen shots. The only way someone can know if a player is being honest about what the mod stated is if the mod interferes with the game and says something.

Copy/pasting of mod PMs is common because there's no way to prove if that was actually stated. Screen shots we've kicked out. But I will continue to in future games post on thread what the mods have said in PM

It is edited, but I will not follow this rule in future games.

There is no way to know if when someone claims the mods told me.... blah blah blah that it is true. Heck even with the quote tags in it, that ish is easily edited. People have even faked screen shots. The only way someone can know if a player is being honest about what the mod stated is if the mod interferes with the game and says something.

Copy/pasting of mod PMs is common because there's no way to prove if that was actually stated. Screen shots we've kicked out. But I will continue to in future games post on thread what the mods have said in PM
That's fine. If it is so distressing to you, going forward feel free to not play my games that have that as a rule. I will make certain to put it in the sign-ups.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's fine. If it is so distressing to you, going forward feel free to not play my games that have that as a rule. I will make certain to put it in the sign-ups.

Or maybe you'll eventually see there is zero difference in paraphrasing vs copy/paste and you'll drop that rule.

I respect your don't post strategy after lynch close even though I don't agree because I see your point.

There is no good reason for this other rule and it actually removes from the game some.

Or maybe you'll eventually see there is zero difference in paraphrasing vs copy/paste and you'll drop that rule.

I respect your don't post strategy after lynch close even though I don't agree because I see your point.

There is no good reason for this other rule and it actually removes from the game some.
Moving to PM because this is not relevant to the current game.

Would Deva as the original wolf really lay so low as to keep getting mod warnings about not posting, and risk mod death?

Or they could get away with it thinking as the only wolf mod isn't gonna kill them? (although they could just be mod replaced)

Just thinking out loud, we gotta get this one right.

@Devastating

it would be nice if you came and made a case for yourself

because if either PBC or DVMD is the wolf, they could be leading me down the dark path to destrctuion

and if you are villager, you're all that stands between us and annilihation

@Devastating

it would be nice if you came and made a case for yourself

because if either PBC or DVMD is the wolf, they could be leading me down the dark path to destrctuion

and if you are villager, you're all that stands between us and annilihation

At lunch for another 15min, just caught up.
Well in a way...I sort of am. We're in a bit of a pickle though--dvmd does still have that delayed death ability, doesn't she? If we lynch her, she'll live another day. Don't know if she's still able to kill on that extra day (A different wolf could have done the kill on Dy's extra night), but that's a huge risk to us.

If we kill Deva and they're villager, that leaves 3, and then the wolf will kill someone overnight, and that will leave one villager one wolf and the game is over and lost.

If we lynch DVMD and they are a villager and they live, that leaves 4, then the wolf kills overnight, leaving us with 3 players. You imply that she would then die and that would leave us with 2 and again game over.

Not sure why DVMD delayed death is a reason not to lynch them.

And not sure how this is a defense you're not a wolf, @Devastating

what happens in a lynch tie?

like, if DVMD and PBC vote to lynch Deva

but Deva and I agree to lynch one of them,

who dies?

its frustrating I'm the only one I know (and you all have reason to believe) isn't wolf, and any one of you 3 could be the wolf

I'm lost guys

PBC @ DVMD, maybe you can convince me why not to listen to Devo and create a tie?? Why should I seal their fate?

its frustrating I'm the only one I know (and you all have reason to believe) isn't wolf, and any one of you 3 could be the wolf

I'm lost guys

PBC @ DVMD, maybe you can convince me why not to listen to Devo and create a tie?? Why should I seal their fate?

PBC is 100% not wolf, I watched her last night, she didn't kill.

You are 100% not wolf based on looking for an original and we know you aren't.

I'm not a wolf, I can't prove that to you but, consider that I had an item that let me look into anyone last night. PBC even stated someone was watching her, it was me. All I'd have to do as wolf is lie, say I saw PBC kill nyanko. And game would be over with a wolf win. Instead I used the opportunity to completely clear someone.

I'm a good wolf when I am one, but I'm a damn good villager too and I can promise to you the above things are true.

By taking what we do know, we've eliminated every player for being a wolf except deva.

I'm lost guys

And creating a tie at end game is stupid because we don't know how the mods will break it. But, do not, do not lynch PBC, at least if you lynch me we still have the chance to win by lynching deva tomorrow but if you lynch PBC that is game over and the wolves will win. Don't do that

And creating a tie at end game is stupid because we don't know how the mods will break it. But, do not, do not lynch PBC, at least if you lynch me we still have the chance to win by lynching deva tomorrow but if you lynch PBC that is game over and the wolves will win. Don't do that

that's fine, I jsut wanted to understand

you are making more sense than Deva did, they didn't really make a case for themselves
I ran into the same problem with Promo and my feeling of him being wolf was right on
In my first JDH game my gut was right on 2/3 wolves

so let's keep the streak going!

lynch Deva

*crosses fingers*

You're right, I didn't really make a case for -myself- earlier (was kinda in a hurry, sorry).

I can tell you that I no longer have any ability to speak of (used on Lis, of course), and could not be killing--yes, the fact that dvmd blocked me that night could easily be explained as simply a different wolf doing the kill, but I couldn't have killed this past night either. I honestly had no idea about the affiliation Rez (though when you look at--it really matches my Dali role, doesn't it? I did not know what the rezzed role name would be beforehand, i assumed it would stay the same which is why I chose LIS the ender dragon). Dunno what else to say :shrug:

I'll be back here in a while, heading home from work soon

Okay, okay, family went to the movies so I'll miss deadline, and clearly this isn't going anywhere regardless, so this ends now. Sorry so anticlimactic. if only I could have had the time for a more worthy end...Oh well, I feel no guilt for the things I've done...no, not even the chicken. ;) it's been fun. Catch y'all later!

ImageUploadedBySDN1470614975.262825.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
The man woke up, sat up in bed, and immediately realized that something was different. He was in his cell, and again the characters that he had usually quarantined to Minecraft or his false bedroom were with him... but for some reason, they didn't stress him out today. For some reason, it mostly just felt peaceful.

Three of them stood next to him:

One - a small child, innocent as could be to the end, dressed in pale white and blue - @Crayola227.
Two - a hulking, tenacious Minecraft zombie, breathing hard but nonetheless not a threat - @DVMDream.
And three - a quietly loyal wolf, whose echoing howls had brought amusement and perhaps a little bit of information - @PrincessButterCup.

As he sat up, he realized that they were all facing the opposite side of the cell. There, he saw that the cinderblock wall was gone, and replaced with an undulating but strangely familiar landscape - The Persistence of Memory (@Devastating). Or, as his broken brain had decided - Guilt.

iuzPORc.png

The figures on his side slowly approached the wall, and it seemed to fall back, to shy from them and retreat into itself. It was crazy to imagine a painting as scared, but that is exactly the emotion - the melting clocks swirled and collapsed in on themselves, the strange sleeping figure became smaller, and the mountains in the distance became flatter and flatter. Eventually, it simply... disappeared.

The man felt a weight life from him, and he looked at the strange companions that were left. He felt a sting when he considered all those that he had killed during this week, but didn't regret it; the guilt was gone, and only positive things remained.

He went back to bed.

VILLAGE WINS!
(Spreadsheet and thoughts in just a moment).

- - - - ----------------------
proxy.php
---------------------- - - - -

OVERWORLD
10. @PrincessButterCup - Wolf
13. @DVMDream - Zombie
19. @Crayola227 - Figure at a Window

NPC: @Ceke2002

THE NETHER
Collapsed.

THE END
20. @hazelmoo - Enderman
2. @Zensing - Mooshroom
18. @Mad Jack - Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Wakening
21. @LadyOtheFarm - Pig
15. @genny - Hunger (The Basket of Bread)
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Silverfish
17. @WildZoo - Babou the Cat
25. @StartingoverVet - Galacidalacidesoxyribonucleicacid
5. @SummerTheLynx - Creeper
6. @Jilary - Lightning
16. @Kam325 - The Eye
1. @allyphoe - Swans Reflecting Elephants
11. @Abney - Cow
3. @dyachei - Fear (Ghast)
4. @LetItSnow - Ender Dragon/The Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory
9. @kcoughli - Rabbit
12. @morninqlory - Morphological Echo

22. @finnickthedog - Chicken
7. @heyyimhayley - Iron Golem
3. @Promethean - Steve
14. @nyanko - The Anthropomorphic Cabinet
24. @Devastating - Guilt (The Persistence of Memory)

Reactions: 8 users
Spreadsheet linkage

The thought was to make a game where the vast majority of roles and abilities could swing to either wolf or village sides, and try to emphasize actually looking at peoples' words and how they used their abilities. This had a rolicking start when the village ability and affiliation "seers" - the Mooshroom and Enderman - died D1/N1. :laugh:

Game started with three wolves. One with a very "wolfy" ability, Dy:
You are FEAR, represented by the Ghast mob. Every odd night you may choose an individual to frighten into giving up their role ability, which you may then choose to utilize or not for the following cycle.​

One quite "villagery," Deva:
You are GUILT, represented by the painting The Persistence of Memory. Guilt lingers, and so can the player of your choice - at any one point in the game, you can resurrect one player (as a wolf) for a single day-night cycle.​

And one that could have been played either way, Genny:
You are HUNGER, represented by the painting The Basket of Bread. As one of the most cruel and unrelenting forces of nature, you may try and kill an additional food-providing role every evening. However - if you attempt to kill someone who is not a food-bearing role with this ability, they will instead feel as if their mind has cleared and will be made invulnerable to lynching or killing for a full cycle. You may not use this on fellow wolves. Choose carefully.​

Then one "traditional" (oh god this word choice) conversion where the wolves could choose who they wanted to convert from the living players, available after they lost their first wolf. Deva's role was a true test of whether people would listen to me about not trusting role/ability... you guys didn't quite pass the test :p, but Promo's outing of the role was actually a blessing in disguise for village. Otherwise she could have easily laid low until there were low numbers, rezzed her wolf, and taken the game.

Additionally, chaos (Jilary) had an ability that seemed positive on initial look, but could kill:
The creative spark made literal, you are Lightning - a CHAOTIC role. Every evening you may choose one individual to electrify, inspiring them and allowing them to upgrade their ability for the night. However, this comes with a catch - unless grounded, individuals will remain electrically charged for the rest of the game. If two players that you have charged interact physically during the night, they will connect sparks and both will die. Alternatively, if you charge the same person twice, this will kill them.
Chaos didn't play out at all, which was sad.

The story is of a man in solitary confinement who has used Minecraft/Dali symbols to represent his emotions, and the game as a form of escapism. I think this was more confusing than anything, but I tried. If you look through early write-ups, you'll notice things are super inconsistent; starting with the time changing between the first two, his room walls changing, his desktop went from glass to wood, hair changed length, etc - all pointing to things not being quite as they seem. Then partially through the reality that he is the one doing the killing sank in and I lost everyone. :laugh:

Every role had an emotion associated with it (some more abstract/obvious than others), and you can see yours on the spreadsheet if you're curious. That was another reason I didn't want people comparing roles word for word; with the wolves being roughly negative emotions and villagers more positive ones, I didn't want people to easily figure that out.

This game was interesting to run, but perhaps not as successful as some of my past ones. I hope people still had a fun time. :cat: Happy to answer any questions!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Thanks! I had fun even though I didn't play quite the way you wanted (I'm all village at heart!) I wonder how I would have done if I hadn't been wolf killed! Congrats to Hayley for being the longest living protector I've ever seen, even though she was a lynch target d1! Some questioned why she trusted me, but when she told me her role d1, it was easy to figure out she was the protector, then she proved it to me n2 and she continued to live. If I were a wolf she'd have been dead, but even though she was supposed to be my worst enemy, I felt she was a better ally.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you, Trilt and FB!

Thanks, mods! It was a lot of fun. Even though you only gave me an EON ability and I was village all game. ;) I wish I could have given it more attention. I didn't even start a spreadsheet :oops:. Without DVMD here at the end I don't think the villagers would have made it.

Thanks, mods! It was a lot of fun. Even though you only gave me an EON ability and I was village all game. ;) I wish I could have given it more attention. I didn't even start a spreadsheet :oops:. Without DVMD here at the end I don't think the villagers would have made it.

Without Nyanko's item, I likely would have voted you today, so really, it was nyanko that helped us all out.