Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to hear that. How did you think your interview went?
I thought the interview went VERY well- felt good rapport with both interviewers.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The class being almost full is a big factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you think your interview went?
Could be better. The whole process was expedited because of the weather. So we just had our pictures taken while others were interviewed or waiting to be interviewed.

Friend of mine who interviewed on February 5 still have not heard from PCOM regarding a decision.

I interviewed last week. I hope to get a decision this or next week.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
taking this as a good sign; hopefully meaning that adcom members didn't meet recently enough to have sent out decisions from feb 5. maybe they'll meet this week and let us know soon for those of us who were at feb 19

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

If you guys are anxious, go look at the NYIT-COM thread where they had to wait like 5 months post interview or something

Reactions: 1 users
I believe two more in March and thats a wrap. We have one on March 11th, and most likely another the following or following two weeks.

Friend of mine who interviewed on February 5 got waitlisted today.

Rejected at three other schools I applied to. PCOM-GA is now my only hope (interviewed February 19). Unfortunately, I didn't shine in my interviews.

From what I hear around school, everyone has been WL or on hold for term grades since Dec 8th because the class was roughly 98% full. There are two more interviews. March 11, and 18th.

From what I hear around school, everyone has been WL or on hold for term grades since Dec 8th because the class was roughly 98% full. There are two more interviews. March 11, and 18th.
I interviewed on 01/08 and got accepted a week later.

That sounds very discouraging...

I interviewed on 01/08 and got accepted a week later.
Congratulations! When my friend was talking to admissions they told her they were keeping 2-3 spots. So guess you were one of those 2-3! And I'm not trying to discourage anybody that's just the talk I hear in the halls. But I do know there is a couple of students who paid for a spot but if they hear from any other school they aren't attending PCOM

Congratulations! When my friend was talking to admissions they told her they were keeping 2-3 spots. So guess you were one of those 2-3! And I'm not trying to discourage anybody that's just the talk I hear in the halls. But I do know there is a couple of students who paid for a spot but if they hear from any other school they aren't attending PCOM
Thank you! I paid for a spot as well and probably will attend another school if I get accepted. That will free up a spot for one of you deserving people!

For those that recently interviewed, did you receive feedback from your interviewers at the end?

Last edited:
Hey guys. I just started following this thread. I'm currently a freshman in college and it is my dream to be a DO. What is everyone's stats (MCAT, GPA, volunteer work, extra curricular, etc) that helped you guys get into secondary or accepted? Also, does GA-PCOM look at volunteer work or clinical work? I'm volunteering at a hospital but I'm not sure if that's clinical work. Please help me!

Do you know if the committee has met for February 19 interviews?
I would guess they would send out the decision letter by this week. I received mine on a Saturday and the letter was dated two days before.

That would make sense. We are on term break right now, and grades are due this week, so hopefully by the end of the week you should know

Ok quick question (probably already has been answered lol) when is this health form due?

Ok quick question (probably already has been answered lol) when is this health form due?

8 weeks from when you receive your login, unless you were accepted after February 15th I believe.

Don't stress too too much on the health student forms. They will work with you if you don't have it by the time you start and begin orientation. They will also give you links and locations to find clinics. A classmate of mine was never vaccinated and she had to get everything.

Don't stress too too much on the health student forms. They will work with you if you don't have it by the time you start and begin orientation. They will also give you links and locations to find clinics. A classmate of mine was never vaccinated and she had to get everything.

I have everything, I work in the healthcare field was just wondering when it needed to be turned in. Thank you tho.

Anybody else notice a change in banner web services page?

Last edited:
Anybody else noticed a change in banner web services page?

wait did you? what change did you notice? or are you just asking if others have noticed a change because other members previously commented about this?

Yeah. I'm also curious. What change did you observe? Did you get a deposit link?

is everyone else's portal the same? mine still is

I wonder if anyone has received their letter from Feb 19 interview day?

no, we're all still over here next to our mailboxes waiting

Reactions: 3 users