<pics> My baby Greenwing macaw is here!

Started by Kara31191
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kara31191

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New baby Greenwing is here. A little too young, I think anyways. However, She (Jessie) is 6 weeks old and already an absolute love. I'm getting a great feeding response and she's emptying perfectly so far. Had a 98% gram positive gram stain, and she looks healthy. We'll be getting the culture out in a few more weeks, then she'll end quarantine and go in with our flock in about 2 months. 🙂

My sister is in the picture hugging her. Already loves us, and is a cuddle bug.

Here she is...
 

Attachments

  • Jessie6w 001.jpg
    Jessie6w 001.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Jessie6w 002.jpg
    Jessie6w 002.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Jessie6w 003.jpg
    Jessie6w 003.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Jessie6w 004.jpg
    Jessie6w 004.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 201
  • Jessie6w 005.jpg
    Jessie6w 005.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Jessie6w 006.jpg
    Jessie6w 006.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Jessie6w 007.jpg
    Jessie6w 007.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 197
She's been sleeping very well, and is a cuddle bug already.
 
Definitely very cute. I hope to get a bird when I graduate from vet school! I miss having a bird in my life.