Please help rank these programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PEG20K

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide which, if any, of these IM categorical programs to interview at and have no clue how they weigh up against each other. Could you please help me rank them (and I do realize ranking is highly subjective, but any input would be greatly appreciated)!

University of Vermont
University of Minnesota
U Mass Worcester
University of Connecticut
Virginia Commonwealth University
Johns Hopkins/ Sinai
UTHSCA San Antonio

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to decide which, if any, of these IM categorical programs to interview at and have no clue how they weigh up against each other. Could you please help me rank them (and I do realize ranking is highly subjective, but any input would be greatly appreciated)!

University of Vermont
University of Minnesota
U Mass Worcester
Johns Hopkins/ Sinai
UTHSCA San Antonio

I would keep your VCU interview. It is a very solid program.
Mass and minn are good programs

The worst program on that list is probably Hopkins Sinai believe it or not. It as nothing to do with Hopkins except in name. If you were to get rid of one, I would vote for that one.

University of Vermont
University of Minnesota
U Mass Worcester
Johns Hopkins/ Sinai
UTHSCA San Antonio

This list includes all (except JH Sinai which is nothing to write home about and should be the first one to be dropped unless you absolutely must live in B'more) programs from the vast middle of the "rankings" program-wise. I have some personal opinions but honestly, choose based on geography and you'll be fine. These programs are all pretty similar in "rank."

Here's how I would do it:
UMass=UMinn
UVM=UConn=VCU
UTHSCSA

If I had to narrow it to two programs, it would be the UM's. After that, flip a coin...seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at a few of these places last year. In my opinion:

VCU = Minnesota---The general consensus from most people is Minnesota is higher ranked, but while interviewing at both I was more impressed by VCU. I did second looks at both of these places and ranked them #2 and #3 respectively. VCU is definitely an up and coming program with strong Pulm/CC and GI.
Mass
San Antonio =Vermont
UConn
Hopkins Sinai

Best of luck