This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sscoop2

Reaction score
Hello!

I am an undergraduate student at Emory University interested in applying to post bacc programs.. I am only interested in one year programs that have linkages available. Some of these programs include:

-Goucher
-Bryn Mawr
-Tufts
-Northwestern
-UVA
-Scripps
-GW or Georgetown (if they are one year)

I was wondering if anyone knows any information about any of these programs regrading the GPA needed to be accepted or the GPA needed to utilize certain linkages within the programs! Any information or experiences with these programs would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I am an undergraduate student at Emory University interested in applying to post bacc programs.. I am only interested in one year programs that have linkages available. Some of these programs include:

-Goucher
-Bryn Mawr
-Tufts
-Northwestern
-UVA
-Scripps
-GW or Georgetown (if they are one year)

I was wondering if anyone knows any information about any of these programs regrading the GPA needed to be accepted or the GPA needed to utilize certain linkages within the programs! Any information or experiences with these programs would be greatly appreciated!
Have you looked at their admissions websites?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to and was accepted to several of these programs not long ago. I can't say for sure, but my impression from those I know who have been successful in them is that their GPAs are generally high. These programs are looking for applicants who, besides not having taken the prerequisite sciences yet, are otherwise strong candidates for admission to US MD schools. That means they accept people who already have very strong cumulative GPAs. They are selective, and the students I know in them all have excellent records. That said, I don't think there is necessarily a GPA cut-off, which is why you aren't finding that information on their web-sites. My experience is that they evaluate applicants very holistically, and your motivations and experiences are very important, but academic performance is a must. Of course, you won't know unless you try. Regarding linkages, that is an entirely different animal. Different medical schools have different requirements, and their requirements may differ depending on which PB program you are linking through. Some don't require the MCAT at all, some require 520+ scores and 3.8 GPAs. Some will evaluate only your postbox performance. That information is generally not made public and is limited to students accepted to the PB programs. There used to be information about Columbia's PB linkage requirements on their website, and you can probably use that as a general guide.