This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
finally got in! hopefully you guys will hear back soon

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance this week too! They send you an email of acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
I just submitted my application today....I know it's a little too late. Not sure if the class is filled...fingers crossed..

Does anyone know if a facebook group has been set up by now for accepted students?

All students take Biochemistry/Cell Biology (4 lectures per week), Physiology A (2 lectures per week + 1 discussion), and Cellular Organization of tissues (2 lectures per week + 2 labs). All lectures are taken together as a class in a lecture hall. Discussion and lab are broken up into smaller classrooms of ~30 students. Most days classes will start at ~10 AM (except 1 day per week you have lab at 8:30 AM). You typically have 2 "things" per day Monday -Friday, so 2 lectures or lecture + lab/discussion (except 1 day you have 3 things). Classes have a lunch break in between
Are lectures recorded? If not, are we allowed to audio record them?

Just wondering, are all the MAMS courses held at the school of medicine or the main campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am just wondering if the program is still actively accepting students. Also, wondering about how long it takes to get a response regarding acceptance/reject.

I am just wondering if the program is still actively accepting students. Also, wondering about how long it takes to get a response regarding acceptance/reject.

I think they're still accepting apps as per their website, I also submitted past the June 1st recommended "deadline". I think from reading this thread it varies greatly, some people happened to get accepted after a couple of weeks and some took months. I would assume at this point they're moving more quickly though since the start date is approaching in just a couple months.

We're so sorry to hear that! I'm actually a student representative with no say in the admissions process, but you could reach out to Ying-Ju Lai at [email protected] and she would be happy to answer your questions.

Just sent her an email along with a letter of intent. Just checked, my application was submitting end of march, and confirmed to be completed my Ms. Ying-Ju Lai at the beginning of May. Hopefully this isn't a bad sign. Is the class close to being full?

Just sent her an email along with a letter of intent. Just checked, my application was submitting end of march, and confirmed to be completed my Ms. Ying-Ju Lai at the beginning of May. Hopefully this isn't a bad sign. Is the class close to being full?

I am in the same boat as you. Submitted and was confirmed for completion by the beginning of May. I was in communication with Ms. Ying-Ju in May and sent a f/u email to her and Dr. Offner two weeks back and haven't heard back. Wondering what that means as well.

Last edited:
Hi, I was accepted yesterday into the program. Does anyone know how long it takes them to send the link to accept your offer of admission?

Hi, I was accepted yesterday into the program. Does anyone know how long it takes them to send the link to accept your offer of admission?
Congrats!! When did you submit your app?

is it common to matriculate directly to Bu med here following the program if you perform well in the 1 year track with an overall good app? is anyone aware of how many 1 yr track students received interviews to BU med while enrolled this past year?

If i applied over a month and 1/2 ago and still do not have an acceptance, is it over for me? And what is taking them so long to tell me yes or no?

Applied in November and have yet to hear back from them. I was accepted to Penn, Georgetown, Hopkins, and Columbia, yet BU has still not responded in the 7+ months that i heard back from everywhere that I applied. I have emailed them countless times asking for an explanation, but i was ignored twice, and once told that my application was still being reviewed.
any updates?

Do they actually send denial notifications? Or should we just expect that based on the no response?

Hello,

I am upset I just found out about the program. I just submitted my application. 515 MCAT 3.2 GPA with really strong upward trend. Is it too late to have a real chance?

Hello,

I am upset I just found out about the program. I just submitted my application. 515 MCAT 3.2 GPA with really strong upward trend. Is it too late to have a real chance?

Per their site they are still accepting applications for this fall, so maybe they will still consider you. I think the consensus around this thread is that it will take at least 2 weeks for them to get back to you, but hopefully it will be less since the program is starting very very soon. Be prepared to jump ship immediately wherever you are at and have a plan to get here asap once you find out!

Per their site they are still accepting applications for this fall, so maybe they will still consider you. I think the consensus around this thread is that it will take at least 2 weeks for them to get back to you, but hopefully it will be less since the program is starting very very soon. Be prepared to jump ship immediately wherever you are and have a plan to get here asap once you find out!

I’m literally ready to book a hotel to study at until while my family helps me find an apartment.

Is this a good program for someone with a 3.77 GPA but 508 MCAT? (127/123/130/128)

Is this a good program for someone with a 3.77 GPA but 508 MCAT? (127/123/130/128)
What are you trying to accomplish?

I also didn't mean that in a rude way. Idk if it sounded like that when I posted it. I meant since your GPA is strong and MCAT is strong minus your CARS score (which this won't help much if at all). Also wont have much time for ECs in the program. Solid EC and increase cars score would make you pretty competitive.

Last edited:
Just accepted and deposit paid. So excited! Any recommendations for one bedrooms that allow dogs.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I also didn't mean that in a rude way. Idk if it sounded like that when I posted it. I meant since your GPA is strong and MCAT is strong minus your CARS score (which this won't help much if at all). Also wont have much time for ECs in the program. Solid EC and increase cars score would make you pretty competitive.
Thank you for the response. And no i did not find it rude.

I was thinking that due to my unbalanced mcat, schools are gonna have a hard time deciding whether im ready for their curriculum and perhaps proving myself in mams would be beneficial.

Thank you for the response. And no i did not find it rude.

I was thinking that due to my unbalanced mcat, schools are gonna have a hard time deciding whether im ready for their curriculum and perhaps proving myself in mams would be beneficial.

Quick question, was English your first Lang.?

I asked because it really common for people whose first Lang wasn’t English to struggle with cars. Med schools know this. Plus most Med school secondaries give you chance to explain inconsistencies (even if they don’t they will be like me, and see cars score brining you down and know to check and see if English was your first Lang). SMP isn’t for you.
Thank you man i appreciate the advice. I already applied this cycle just brainstorming some alternatives in case it doesnt work out.

Does anybody know how to set up the BU online email account? I got the instructions that said I'll receive email but haven't received anything yet.

This is really only recommended for students who are already pretty competitive applicants to medical school and just need a little extra boost.

What would constitute as "extra boost"? For me specifically, I have a 3.5 cGPA and a 90th percentile MCAT with a lot E.C.s. I'm looking into BU MAMS to help my sGPA which is 2.75 (yikes!). Would I qualify for the 1 year program, or would I be better suited for the two year program?

What would constitute as "extra boost"? For me specifically, I have a 3.5 cGPA and a 90th percentile MCAT with a lot E.C.s. I'm looking into BU MAMS to help my sGPA which is 2.75 (yikes!). Would I qualify for the 1 year program, or would I be better suited for the two year program?
Hey there!

If aside from your GPA you believe that you'd be a competitive applicant for medical school, you'd be a good candidate for the one year option. Whether one or two years, you make the decision - we don't qualify people into one group or the other upon admission.

DW

Does anyone know when we're supposed to hear back? I've seen some posts say takes 2-3 weeks but I've also seen some people say that it took them months to receive a decision. Also is there a portal change when it shows that your application is being looked at?

Does anyone know when we're supposed to hear back? I've seen some posts say takes 2-3 weeks but I've also seen some people say that it took them months to receive a decision. Also is there a portal change when it shows that your application is being looked at?
I was told they would start emailing decisions in the beginning of February. I was told they don't even review applications until January. So I assume for the people who applied early that it's going to take a bit longer due to back log. I could be wrong but I was under the assumption that the people who heard back in 2-3 weeks applied March and onward when they probably have a bit less back log of applicants.

Also, to my knowledge there is no change other than when your application says complete it is under review. If it doesn't say complete it means you are missing something.

I applied without scores because I'm not taking the GRE for another month and I wanted to apply early. Did I jump the gun? Overall GPA is 3.6, science is 3.2. Good on volunteering, shadowing...etc. Anyone else apply without scores?

Any recent BU MAMS grads on here that are willing to talk about their experience in this program? I saw a really negative comment on reddit that was fairly detailed, but highly pessimistic. It's also one comment that's 4 years old so logically it's not worth stressing about, but like with anything once you read one bad thing sometimes you kinda fixate on it. Anyways, if there's any recently graduated or current MAMS students, I'd really love to chat about the program because it's one of my top choices!

Turned in my application early January, heard back by mid/late-January. :soexcited:
I received an e-mail regarding a change to my user portal before receiving the official notification that I was accepted to the program.

Anyone else hear back yet? Would love to connect!

Is there a swing year for MAMS? Do you have to take a year off after finishing MAMS between the program and med school?

Turned in my application early January, heard back by mid/late-January. :soexcited:
I received an e-mail regarding a change to my user portal before receiving the official notification that I was accepted to the program.

Anyone else hear back yet? Would love to connect!
Hey, just curious, did you get an email when your application became "complete"? Or did it just change to complete in the application portal?