Post grad, applying to dental school this cycle. Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phatbananaman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I seriously need good advice. I'm a Pre dental student finishing up my post bacc in biology this year and really need some insight on my chances getting in and what my next best step is if I want to go into dentistry.

My Science BCP GPa is a 3.02 right now and my SciGPA is a 3.2. I have extensive shadowing hours, volunteer hours and solid research experience and was part of Pre-dental board among many other things. Right now I'm taking part time classes and studying for my DAT which I really need to do well in.

My class loads were pretty good last year. taking about 15-18 credits a semester but recently over the summer and this fall, I have taken an analytical Chem class for my second part of the chem requirement but had to drop it twice, taking it in the winter at another school.

I really would appreciate any solid advice, possibly a masters program. I really would love to be a dentist but need to consider the time, commitment and chances of me getting in. I appreciate the constructive criticism and any valuable insight from your experiences.

Thanks,

-Imran203

Members don't see this ad.