Post grad, applying to dental school this cycle. Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phatbananaman

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I seriously need good advice. I'm a Pre dental student finishing up my post bacc in biology this year and really need some insight on my chances getting in and what my next best step is if I want to go into dentistry.

My Science BCP GPa is a 3.02 right now and my SciGPA is a 3.2. I have extensive shadowing hours, volunteer hours and solid research experience and was part of Pre-dental board among many other things. Right now I'm taking part time classes and studying for my DAT which I really need to do well in.

My class loads were pretty good last year. taking about 15-18 credits a semester but recently over the summer and this fall, I have taken an analytical Chem class for my second part of the chem requirement but had to drop it twice, taking it in the winter at another school.

I really would appreciate any solid advice, possibly a masters program. I really would love to be a dentist but need to consider the time, commitment and chances of me getting in. I appreciate the constructive criticism and any valuable insight from your experiences.

Thanks,

-Imran203