Post here if you want your mdapps commented on....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:)Hey, I'd appreciate some comments too, specifically for M.D. schools

Thank you very much :cool::hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

My AMCAS was just made "ready for review" earlier this week because I wnated to apply AFTER a medical brigade in early august, so it should be sent out within the next couple of weeks I hope. I have my applicant page below; how does my school list look? I was a little disappointed with the mcat, but what can you do. I would LOVE to go to a nyc school, or obviously unc (senior there now). Thanks for any input you can give guys!

http://mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=11409

Last edited:
Posted a few days ago on my chances for a SUNY school (my preference).. Any comments are appreciated thanks... Link is to the left.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honest opinions are greatly appreciated as well as any school suggestions that I should add or you feel that I'm missing. Thanks!

I still have 2 years to go but eh... comment on my MDApps!

just graduated...applying this cycle...still waiting to get verified...let me know what you guys think

Hello all, just joined SDN. Am curious about this thread. I have just started to fill out my first secondary essay and just wanted to get some quick feedback that I am approaching these well before I get going on the rest of them.

How does this work, do I post my secondary essay here and have people comment, or is there anyone with experience on this that might be willing to help me out via email? Please let me know! I'd be most grateful.

Me too! See how my app looks! Please!
<--------------------------

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd love some feedback. I'm applying MD/PhD, specifically to MSTP programs.

I'd appreciate any advice too, since I've sent out a few secondaries and am continuing to get some more, are they worth sending out w/ my stats?

Thanks!:cool:

Hey All... I would like some suggestions on my MDapps and my chances. Feel free to be honest! Thanks

With URM+over a 3.9, I think you had better put Stanford on that list. Great shot at other top schools, assuming your MCAT is over 30

Wow, what the heck? Really? I have no research experience. I'll take your advice though. Thanks.

Wow, what the heck? Really? I have no research experience. I'll take your advice though. Thanks.

Well there are two friends of mine (female African American) that live very close by back home - 1 got into UCLA's med school and 1 got into UCI...both with GPAs sub-3.4 and with MCATs just under 30. I think with a 3.9...wow no way you wouldn't at least get an interview or 2 from stanford and some other top OOS schools! Get some reaches on there :).

Well there are two friends of mine (female African American) that live very close by back home - 1 got into UCLA's med school and 1 got into UCI...both with GPAs sub-3.4 and with MCATs just under 30. I think with a 3.9...wow no way you wouldn't at least get an interview or 2 from stanford and some other top OOS schools! Get some reaches on there :).

A hispanic friend of mine with a 3.5 GPA and a 30ish MCAT got into over 50% of the schools he applied to, including Stanford and UCLA. His EC included about 200 hours of ER volunteering and no research. Unfortunately for some, that's just how the cookie crumbles.

wowsa.... there are soooo many mdapplicant superstars out here!

well, any comments on my joe shmoe profile would be much appreciated :)

Constructive criticism please...

Constructive criticism here also :) good luck everyone

im looking for advice on how to strengthen my app for next cycle if i do not get in this time. i know my gpa is low, but do not want to complete a masters just to get into med school

Comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

im looking for advice on how to strengthen my app for next cycle if i do not get in this time. i know my gpa is low, but do not want to complete a masters just to get into med school

If you dont want to do a master's, i understand...but have you considered some post-bacc courses? itd help ur gpa a great deal to have a good quarter or 2 (since your MCAT is great). Also, IF you do not get in this time- if you applied VERY early (first week application cycle starts) youd have a great shot! :thumbup:

Same here, thanks!

Amazinggg MCAT! I definitely think you have a shot at one or two of the schools on your list. BUT, it's not a sure thing (due to GPA and not that many ECs). I understand you'd like to be close to your fiance but id throw in a few more safety schools (no matter how far they are) because I don't know if you'd want to risk getting NO acceptances and then having to be a repplicant (since remember if you don't get in the Chicago area this time there's also no guarantee that itll happen next year). :thumbup:

wowsa.... there are soooo many mdapplicant superstars out here!

well, any comments on my joe shmoe profile would be much appreciated :)

Everything about your application is great except MCAT. If you applied early, I think you can get a few interviews. If not, it'll be a close call (if your PS isn't spine-tingling). A retake on your MCAT would make you a shoe in in my opinion :thumbup:

If you dont want to do a master's, i understand...but have you considered some post-bacc courses? itd help ur gpa a great deal to have a good quarter or 2 (since your MCAT is great). Also, IF you do not get in this time- if you applied VERY early (first week application cycle starts) youd have a great shot! :thumbup:

my prereqs were all post-bacc and i have all a's in those courses (i also took them 3 years after graduating with my initial low gpa). do you think its necessary to take more courses just to raise my gpa? shouldnt schools be able to figure out that i am capable of doing the medical school course work based on my recent post-bacc courses?

I wish that it was that easy for med schools to be able to see who can survive med school and who can't...but it is not. There are two ways med schools can see if you can handle the workload - GPA and MCAT. If either is extremely high, it can offset the other somewhat. But if either are extra low, it will hurt your chances greatly. I know you might not WANT to do a master's but if it is one of your only options I would do it. If for sure MD program is for you, do it. if not, try DO or caribb?

quote=homedum;7130417]my prereqs were all post-bacc and i have all a's in those courses (i also took them 3 years after graduating with my initial low gpa). do you think its necessary to take more courses just to raise my gpa? shouldnt schools be able to figure out that i am capable of doing the medical school course work based on my recent post-bacc courses?[/quote]

GREAT research. Research-oriented med schools will show you some love :). I would have said you're not THAT competitive but thankfully you shined on your MCAT :D

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

oh oh i wanna join! Comments are welcome and requested. :D

i would appreciate some feedback as well! :)

just retook mcat so my mdapps is updated, please take a look and leave comments! thanks so much

Hello everyone,

If anyone could comment on my profile and the minimum MCAT I should get to have a chance of getting into Med. School, I would be grateful for your opinion! Thanks!

Hey guys,

Would you comment on my mdapps? My low gpa (3.3cum, 3.47 sci) are giving me the heeby jeebys at this point in the app cycle. Though I think my MCAT and EC's are decent.

Thanks any comments are appreciated.

love comments

thoughts?

IamAriDO

What are my chances at the schools I've listed, given my profile?

Thanks! :)