Purdue c/o 2016 hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also just got a call. I'm OOS and last name starts with a W. Though we have no idea if they're going alphabetically. Just thought I'd let everyone know. Also for those of you who were accepted I have started a Purdue list in the Official Acceptances thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone who heard! Does anyone know when those who aren't accepted are notified? This is an awful waiting game

They usually send out letters a week or so after those who are accepted are contacted.

I also got a call this evening around 5 from Dean Reed! My last name starts with R.
Hope you guys hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dean Reed mentioned letters for those being accepted will be sent out this week. I'm not sure if those wait-listed or not accepted will be at the same time, but I imagine they would be pretty close.

I got the call from Dean Reed around 2:30 PST!! My last name starts with an R as well. Good luck everybody and congrats to everyone else with acceptances!

Thanks guys! So exciting for everyone who got calls. The lull of silence isn't looking so great for me. Any idea when they finish making calls? Sorry I know I'm obsessing.

sigh....I am figuring he is done making calls and I did not get one:( Anyone know when they send out rejection letters?

Got the call of a life time today at 2:50 pm - I'm IS and my last name starts with F - so I don't think he are going alphabetical.

Hang in there everyone - he made calls for 5 days last year and then the IS waitlist made alot of movement in April so don't loose hope.

Good luck everyone!!

Looks like third time really is the charm!!

Oh in regards to letters - he said that the acceptance packages will be to us by end of next week - from the info I have on last year they sent the wait list letters at the same time - so probably will have all the info by end of next week.

Wishing everyone still waiting GOOD LUCK!!!!

Don't give up hope! I got a call at 7:30pm and my last name starts with O

Oh in regards to letters - he said that the acceptance packages will be to us by end of next week - from the info I have on last year they sent the wait list letters at the same time - so probably will have all the info by end of next week.

Wishing everyone still waiting GOOD LUCK!!!!

I get yelled at when I post on the acceptance thread without my own good news :laugh:, but I wanted to congratulate you! I know how hard you have worked and how long you have stuck through this process. I truly am SO happy for you!! Congratulations!! :D

I get yelled at when I post on the acceptance thread without my own good news :laugh:, but I wanted to congratulate you! I know how hard you have worked and how long you have stuck through this process. I truly am SO happy for you!! Congratulations!! :D

Thank you so much!!!!!!!! It's been a hell of a day and a hell of a journey! I am so grateful for all the support!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Agh!! I am so anxious to find out!!!

add: I wonder if they would tell me if I call them tomorrow!?

Last edited:
Quick question:
Anyone know how big of a stickler purdue is about grades from your final semester of undergraduate? Don't get me wrong, I do NOT plan on bombing or even coming close, but it's kind of nice to not PANIC over grades anymore. Just need to keep my grades up to retain scholarships and GPA.

Also, is anyone opposed to starting a facebook page for our class????

I got a call last night too :) They are definitely not going in alphabetical order at all. As far as grades go, I think most schools' policy is that as long as you get a C in all of the classes you are in, then you're fine. Since most schools' undergrad scholarships require a 3.0-3.5 GPA, I think as long as you are good enough to keep your scholarship you will be fine. :)

I think it's a good idea. But do you think they start an official page once everyone is told?

I don't know for sure. I don't see any page on Facebook for any of the classes so...it's up to you guys! I'm willing and ready lol.

Btw, I know I may seem really ambitious but anyone thoughts about their housing and student loan candidates?

I don't know for sure. I don't see any page on Facebook for any of the classes so...it's up to you guys! I'm willing and ready lol.

Btw, I know I may seem really ambitious but anyone thoughts about their housing and student loan candidates?

Well, I say we make a page and if they make an official one, we can take ours down. I'm living in the cottages next year. I don't know about everyone else.

I got my call yesterday afternoon!!!!!!! I'm so excited! Congratulations to everyone else who's gotten calls so far and good luck to those still waiting! =]

Anyone else get an e-mail about being placed on the alternate list today?

I got a waitlist e-mail today as well. Not exactly what I was going for, but it could be worse :)

I'm planning on doing an online search for places to start and then doing an afternoon of driving around and looking for places - I'm just planning on getting the smallest cheapest place I can in a reasonable location.

If anyone is interested in looking for place off campus let me know!

The cottages are off campus. They're still building them, but they are pet friendly. I have people to live with there next year, but beyond that I'm not so sure.

Does anyone know how many ppl are placed on the waitlist each yr and how fast does that list generally move? I know us alter alternates dont know our position but this postponed waiting game sucks :/

Does anyone know how many ppl are placed on the waitlist each yr and how fast does that list generally move? I know us alter alternates dont know our position but this postponed waiting game sucks :/

My basic understanding is the IS waitlist moves pretty quick come April but the OOS waitlist unfortunately doesn't move much. Hang in there - my friend was waitlisted last year and she was pulled pretty quick once the acceptance deadline in April passed.

Good luck!!

My basic understanding is the IS waitlist moves pretty quick come April but the OOS waitlist unfortunately doesn't move much. Hang in there - my friend was waitlisted last year and she was pulled pretty quick once the acceptance deadline in April passed.

Good luck!!

Thanks cypress uve been very helpful! Unfortunately im oos :(

Thanks cypress uve been very helpful! Unfortunately im oos :(

Ugh! I'm sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news - I could be wrong so don't lose hope.

You can always check out the thread from last year to see the dates when things moved last year.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=775989 This thread has all the threads from 2015 compiled together so you can easily find info from last year.

Have you heard from any other schools? From your IS?

Got an email last night and was waitlisted... :(

I'm planning on doing an online search for places to start and then doing an afternoon of driving around and looking for places - I'm just planning on getting the smallest cheapest place I can in a reasonable location.

For anyone looking for housing, I am just signing a lease tomorrow for an awesomely cheap 3 bedroom duplex just 10 min from campus. You would be living with me and another vet student, we will be 2nd years at the time so we can provide tons of advice. Also, there is a fenced in back yard and NO pet fees for vet students :) pm me if you want to get some more details!

And CONGRATS!! to all of you!! (even those waitlisted, better than getting a rejection!)

Also, Here is a link specifically for Purdue Vet student housing. Off to the left is small tab called "PVM Available Housing List" where you can see ads by students looking for roommates or for a place to live. You can also post your own ad listing what you are interested in under "Post Your Available Housing"

http://www.vet.purdue.edu/admissions/housing.html

Mulletsarelove: Yep my home state is Texas. I interviewed at Purdue almost 3 weeks ago and got an email within 2 wks. I'm not sure how they are organizing it. Also, when I was interviewing, someone from the admissions committee told us to expect to hear starting around mid-February.

Ugh! I'm sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news - I could be wrong so don't lose hope.

You can always check out the thread from last year to see the dates when things moved last year.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=775989 This thread has all the threads from 2015 compiled together so you can easily find info from last year.

Have you heard from any other schools? From your IS?

Thanks Cypress....by the looks of it, the OOS waitlist never heard back from Purdue at least on SDN anyways. :bang:
I still haven't heard from davis...I already know my fate. I also interviewed at Western so I won't know until march.

Thanks Cypress....by the looks of it, the OOS waitlist never heard back from Purdue at least on SDN anyways. :bang:
I still haven't heard from davis...I already know my fate. I also interviewed at Western so I won't know until march.

Hang in there - no matter what happens it can be done - this was my third time applying!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Western :)

After being accepted to my in-state school, I will be declining my spot to Purdue. I absolutely love the program and everything the school has to offer, but the cost difference is a huge factor. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist. This was definitely a difficult decision.

After being accepted to my in-state school, I will be declining my spot to Purdue. I absolutely love the program and everything the school has to offer, but the cost difference is a huge factor. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist. This was definitely a difficult decision.

Congrats on your IS acceptance! Hard to turn down IS tuition - Good luck!!

I'm turning down my offer and scholarship at Purdue (OOS). Hoping one of yall gets the spot and that they reallocate the money to other applicants! :)

Hey guys! My husband went through this whole process last year (in-state, waitlisted, accepted) and he is a first year now at Purdue. I got really into the application process as we were going through it last year, so I thought I would just share what I have learned. This is all last years application information and I hear it changes from year to year so take what you may.

There are 84 spots and I believe over half are out-of-state. My husband told me the exact numbers at one point, but I forget. Obviously the VMCAS info is more accurate.

I have talked to in-state people in my husband's class and it is true A LOT were waitlisted first. One in-stater didn't even get the call until June. I think this is pretty rare. Most in-staters I believe got the call April 16th which was even a saturday. The call came from Dr. Weisman and was in the morning. Apparently waitlisters aren't important enough to get a call from the dean. :) Which honestly does not matter. They could have had the janitor make the calls and we would have been just as happy.

I have only personally talked to one out-of-state applicant that was accepted off the waitlist. He got the call sometime in late May. However it seems a large majority of out-of-staters were accepted out right. So there it is for out-of-staters, there is a glimmer of hope, but from what I have heard it seems like the chances are not as good for out-of-staters that are waitlisted. Sorry guys, I don't mean to be a bummer just telling you what I have found out. To those of you waiting I know it is terrible just try to stay busy and keep your mind off of it. Goodluck to all!:luck:

Wondering if any current Purdue students have horses with them at school or know of anyone that does. As an undergrad I had a horse with me in West Lafayette and I'm considering the possibility of doing the same for vet school - I can't imagine going from riding several times a week and spending several days working with horses to having nothing - but not sure about cost, time, and where to board. Wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this at Purdue.

Cypress-PM me, I'm a current first year with my horse at school if you have any questions.

After too much internal debate, I've decided to decline my Purdue offer and scholarship and attend my instate school. I loved Purdue, and the program is simply amazing, but the price difference isn't so as attractive. :(.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist, and I wish you all the best! :D.

Oh Oh!! I can answer this one... (like SJB said, the information on the tracks is laid out well, but I don't feel I can comment with confidence since I haven't been through them yet.)

Semester one we had: Histology (with lab), Physiology (with lab), Neuroscience (with lab), Husbandry (we got to play with sheep and cows and pigs and dogs and cats :love:) Anatomy (with lab), Behavior, Ethics, and Applications and Integrations (our PBL class.) We also had Grand Rounds about once a week.

Semester two we have: Histology II (with lab), Physiology II (with lab), Husbandry II, Anatomy II (with lab), Applications and Integrations II, Immunology, and Pharmacology. This semester some electives were also offered (Avian Physiology, Seasonal Activity of Birds, and International Veterinary Medicine.)

Does that help?

Hi Tator17!

What was your daily schedule like for your first year? Is it straight classes and labs from 7am to 5pm everyday?

Hi Tator17!

What was your daily schedule like for your first year? Is it straight classes and labs from 7am to 5pm everyday?

Pretty much. You get an hour for lunch, and sometimes labs are short, but pretty much 7-4 or 8-5 Monday through Friday.