Purdue c/o 2016 hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey this question is more for current Purdue students... I was wondering how critical it was to attend the banquet. I am trying to interview the morning of the 20th but need to drive all the way to Orlando, FL and arrive there on the 21st for family reasons. Hence why a 6-9pm banquet that night would be extremely difficult. Ohio State's dinner was pretty casual and didnt have much purpose besides trying to make people comfortable for interviews the next day :/ Any thoughts and insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey this question is more for current Purdue students... I was wondering how critical it was to attend the banquet. I am trying to interview the morning of the 20th but need to drive all the way to Orlando, FL and arrive there on the 21st for family reasons. Hence why a 6-9pm banquet that night would be extremely difficult. Ohio State's dinner was pretty casual and didnt have much purpose besides trying to make people comfortable for interviews the next day :/ Any thoughts and insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

SouthJerseyBell and I both agree that you should go to the banquet if you can. SJB says that it's the reason why she ultimately chose Purdue because it's a really good way to get a feel for the school and the people and learn what the school is all about. I will chime in that it's a really good meal and each table has at least two current Purdue professors so that you can ask more questions in a more intimate setting. There's also a current student panel that was pretty interesting.

That said, it is optional and it really doesn't have much purpose beyond the above mentioned perks. So you could probably skip it if you wanted to.

(but it IS a really good meal... :) )

Whyevernot... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

I am so sorry, dude. :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
SouthJerseyBell and I both agree that you should go to the banquet if you can. SJB says that it's the reason why she ultimately chose Purdue because it's a really good way to get a feel for the school and the people and learn what the school is all about. I will chime in that it's a really good meal and each table has at least two current Purdue professors so that you can ask more questions in a more intimate setting. There's also a current student panel that was pretty interesting.

That said, it is optional and it really doesn't have much purpose beyond the above mentioned perks. So you could probably skip it if you wanted to.

(but it IS a really good meal... :) )

Thanks for the quick response Tator17! I'm going to do my best but unfortunately won't know until closer to the event date but I do appreciate the advice :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interview !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn EnvyPointers - I'm so sorry!!

Does anyone know any more details about the ay the interview is conducted? I it closed or open file/how many people are interviewing you and for how long?

Envy it is ok....We will get through this...I just hope I don't get to a point of just doing a PhD because of Purdue Vet School Crap.

So for those of us who have done everything expected...Good grades.....internships....master programs....working for Purdue vet's.....TONS of experience.....

Can anyone tell us what they would like from us next so that they can see (what we all know already) that we are worthy of being at their school???

I would love the suggestions and I know Envy's on this one with me

Sorry guys I am a little upset also... I like this icon lets just all bang our heads against the wall for another year...:bang:

Does anyone know any more details about the ay the interview is conducted? I it closed or open file/how many people are interviewing you and for how long?

Your interviewers are mixed, at least one open file, one closed file. They assign 30 minutes for the interview (at least for mine). and Sometimes you can have 3 interviewers, but usually you only have 2. The interview questions change dependent upon what you talk about and who you have.

For those rejected don't give up hope! I had one of those years and I am here now! It must have been an extremely qualified field of applicants that tipped everyone. There are still plenty of schools out there, and I hope your other applications are successful.

Envy it is ok....We will get through this...I just hope I don't get to a point of just doing a PhD because of Purdue Vet School Crap.

So for those of us who have done everything expected...Good grades.....internships....master programs....working for Purdue vet's.....TONS of experience.....

Can anyone tell us what they would like from us next so that they can see (what we all know already) that we are worthy of being at their school???

I would love the suggestions and I know Envy's on this one with me

Sorry guys I am a little upset also... I like this icon lets just all bang our heads against the wall for another year...:bang:

If you have good GPA and good amount of experience I dont see why they wouldnt give you the interview.

I guess GPA is more important in getting interview.. I have very light experience but I have very consistent 3.9 GPA and 1460 GRE. I have been getting some interviews including Purdue.

Maybe improving your grades will help?

Members don't see this ad :)
The problem is, when you get to such an advanced educational stage and so many credit hours, "Improving your grades" is easier said than done. Bringing a GPA up just a fraction is an uphill battle. People all have different situations that make their GPA the way it is. Not everyone is lucky enough to be a traditional student.

I have a good GPA and GRE that at any other in state school would be considered competitive. I have phenomenal experiences, and can guarantee you that no one else that applied to Purdue this year had the exact summer internship I had. Experience is a very important factor in the application. You can read books all you'd like and get tested on that material; theory is great, but until you can do something put your hands on a screaming pig, snare her with one hand, draw blood with the other and manage to not get trampled by the other 20 hogs in the pen in one fell swoop... well... it's those things that make a veterinarian in the field. Nothing was more frustrating for me than spending a day with the Senior Vet students at a vet school (months from graduation) and not one of them could draw blood on a horse or put in a catheter. Hands on matters.

The biggest elephant in the room (forum?) that needs to be addressed here is the astounding amount of Out-of-state interviews versus In-state. One of my very best friends is in a Masters program AT PURDUE and got rejected. I then found out that about 10 other Indiana residents got flat out rejected also. It is frustrating and unfortunate living in a state that prefers non-residents to its own. After all, where do you think this (LAND GRANT, by the way) University gets the majority of its money? Out of state students. All of those "extra seats for the expanded class"? Yep.. filled by out of state students. Forgive my for being bitter, but attending a University that has a vet school that will overlook its own in favor of a few extra dollars is frustrating. Sometimes I wish I lived back in Texas. At least A&M will give a shot to their own.

My biggest problem this year is that y driver's license reads "Indiana".

I'm so sorry to hear you say this, and I know you must be feeling frustrated. But while Purdue does have one of the largest out-of-state classes, they do not prefer out-of-state applicants to in-state applicants. The class of 2015 has one of the largest out-of-state proportions and we are still more than 50% in-state. They may *interview* more out-of-state applicants, but that's only because there are more out-of-state applicants than in-state applicants.

If you look at the proportions from the incoming class (2010) stats posted online, there were 111 in-state applicants, and they interviewed 70. That's 63% of in-state applicants that got an interview. In contrast, there were 548 out-of-state applicants, and only 211 got an interview. that's less than 39%.

I know this is an incredibly difficult process, but the truth of the matter is that admission to any DVM program is incredibly competitive. A lot of people have really really good experience. If you feel that your experience is phenomenal and it didn't get you an interview this time, look for something even better. It's a win-win situation. It will improve your application and it will be a lot of good, fun experience for you. I'm also a non-trad, and I had to take my pre-reqs at IUPUI as well, so I understand how difficult it is to raise your GPA once you get to a certain point. What I did was focus on other things that I could do to make my application stand out. Did you apply to any other schools? I know that TT made a great post about what she did to improve her app when she got in on her third try. It's full of good advice and pretty motivating.

Okay. TL;DR. If you want to PM me, feel free. I'm not sure that I know anything more than anyone else, but we do have quite a bit in common and I am always willing to talk.

Envy, I'm so sorry! I've been stalking this thread hoping you'd get an interview. :(

I'm so sorry to hear you say this, and I know you must be feeling frustrated. But while Purdue does have one of the largest out-of-state classes, they do not prefer out-of-state applicants to in-state applicants. The class of 2015 has one of the largest out-of-state proportions and we are still more than 50% in-state. They may *interview* more out-of-state applicants, but that's only because there are more out-of-state applicants than in-state applicants.

If you look at the proportions from the incoming class (2010) stats posted online, there were 111 in-state applicants, and they interviewed 70. That's 63% of in-state applicants that got an interview. In contrast, there were 548 out-of-state applicants, and only 211 got an interview. that's less than 39%.

I know this is an incredibly difficult process, but the truth of the matter is that admission to any DVM program is incredibly competitive. A lot of people have really really good experience. If you feel that your experience is phenomenal and it didn't get you an interview this time, look for something even better. It's a win-win situation. It will improve your application and it will be a lot of good, fun experience for you. I'm also a non-trad, and I had to take my pre-reqs at IUPUI as well, so I understand how difficult it is to raise your GPA once you get to a certain point. What I did was focus on other things that I could do to make my application stand out. Did you apply to any other schools? I know that TT made a great post about what she did to improve her app when she got in on her third try. It's full of good advice and pretty motivating.

Okay. TL;DR. If you want to PM me, feel free. I'm not sure that I know anything more than anyone else, but we do have quite a bit in common and I am always willing to talk.

I can't claim to have anything better to say than Tator17 but I am also a non trad on my third application cycle and I finally got an interview. I have a low GPA too - and many many many credit hours - its not going to budge. I finally got a phone call interview with someone last cycle and got some solid feedback about why I was being rejected.

The main thing I was told I could do was prove that I can handle the DVM curriculum - historically people with lower GPA don't do well in vet school so that's why they don't accept that many. So they told me to take a difficult course load, science based and do well.

That being said - I went into the Pre-professional Biology Master's program - I had a solid semester - nothing stellar - I've proven that I can rise to the occassion - as my classes get more difficult - my grades don't sky rocket but I continue to be successful - I have learned an amazing amount about being a student in this program - its challenged me and I can understand now how I am more prepared than I was before. This was something I touched on in my personal statement.

Along with entering the master's program I continued to work part time and I took on a pretty major volunteer project. I poured my heart and soul into my personal statement and focused on the fact that I'm not just a student - I'm many other things and that's what makes me a good candidate.

I also updated my eLORs this year - I made connections during my first graduate semester and got 2 letters from professors, one being the graduate department head, I added an additional vet, so 2 letters from vets, one from a woman I worked with on my volunteer project, and a personal/professional letter from one of the students at my mothers farm that I teach horseback riding lesson too (her daughter as well).

I'm not sure what made the actual difference - last 2 cycles I was rejected out the gate. Not sure if I'll get in - but getting an interview is a huge step for me.

I know how you guys feel - the rejection letters are the worst and its so easy to feel hopeless - but hang in there - last cycle a good friend of mine got in and I got my second rejection. I don't know what makes the difference year to year - her and I have similar GPAs - but they saw something in her application they didn't see in mine - all I had control over was how I bounced back from that disapointment - the things I listed above were what I did - I can't say if I will ultimately get in - but I feel like a stronger candidate than I ever have before - and something in my application spoke to them this year.

Do what you can to actually get someone on the phone or go in an talk to someone about your application and take their feed back and run with it.....

I'm sending all of you the best of luck with other applications and with future applications!!!!

I think everyone has their own opinion and has the right to say so. It is hard for those who did not get in, and I think Envy is saying: We are allowed to be upset about not getting an invite, and Tato to say “Maybe bring up your grades"....did I not specifically say good grades. I am sorry no, it’s not a 3.9 like Tato, but a 3.6, with the extra experience that she says she doesn't have. We all have things that make us stand out but throwing up you need to do better and not knowing her gpa is wrong. I would love advise but maybe it should have been addressed a different way. Everyone is doing what they can, and all of us have things that later will make us great veterinarians.
Way to go Cypress on your invite...and good luck!!!

I am just stepping in to agree with Envy. I earned my BS and MS at Purdue, and am currently in a PhD program at Purdue. I was rejected the previous 3 times I applied, and now I'm not even bothering. I work with faculty at the vet school. I have been told by these faculty that they fill the slots with as many OOS students as they can, and they put IS students in the rest.

Why? Indiana doesn't have legislation like other states that regulates the vet school in terms of admissions. They can do whatever they want, and the driving force here is the tuition dollar. OOSers bring in a lot more money. May not be the popular opinion or what people want to hear, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I am just stepping in to agree with Envy. I earned my BS and MS at Purdue, and am currently in a PhD program at Purdue. I was rejected the previous 3 times I applied, and now I'm not even bothering. I work with faculty at the vet school. I have been told by these faculty that they fill the slots with as many OOS students as they can, and they put IS students in the rest.

Why? Indiana doesn't have legislation like other states that regulates the vet school in terms of admissions. They can do whatever they want, and the driving force here is the tuition dollar. OOSers bring in a lot more money. May not be the popular opinion or what people want to hear, but it is what it is.

I've seen your posts about this before, even before I applied, and it made me sad. I guess I'm still unclear about why it's a problem that Purdue takes so many out-of-state applicants. I mean, there are some applicants who don't have in-state schools. If every vet school was like Texas A&M, where would those applicants go?

I think we have to be careful with wording here to not feed the anger at the admissions committee. Purdue does *not* take as many out-of-state students as they can. Otherwise the entire class would be filled with out-of-state students. Remember, they had 211 out-of-state applicants in 2010 and the class size was 70 back then.

In the class of 2015, for the first time, the mean in-state GPA is higher than the mean out-of-state GPA.* They're taking highly qualified in-state candidates, AND they're taking a greater proportion of in-state candidates than they do out-of-state candidates. None of that indicates that they're neglecting the in-state students. To insinuate otherwise just feels like placing the blame on the admissions committee instead of taking a critical look at your own application and areas to improve.

I don't want to start a fight, but I do want to make this point clear. Purdue does not favor out-of-state students. They just take a higher proportion of out-of-state students than most other vet schools.

I know that this entire application process is (mostly) out of our control, but to be blaming the schools for choosing (or not choosing) one person or another is just foolhardy. Being disappointed that you weren't accepted is one thing, blaming the school and being bitter is another.

*to be clear, I'm totally dragging that mean GPA down. :p

Last edited:

Do you really think that making political legislation would change the amount of OOS seats? those politicians are more greedy than school boards!!

And all this hate to OOS. Honestly, we have the hardest time, don't give us bull because they are giving us more opportunity, we still have it harder than you even with the extra seats. We work hard and we deserve it just as much as you do. I was battling up a hill from the get go because my license said NJ.

I will say, don't complain, you chose this path, you knew it was challenging, you knew it wasn't easy, so don't complain when it is. Hold up your head, don't mumble and grumble cause your stumbling, but reanalyze yourself, find the power and will in yourself to PROVE that they made a mistake by not accepting you. Don't take the easy route and blame others.

I've seen your posts about this before, even before I applied, and it made me sad. I guess I'm still unclear about why it's a problem that Purdue takes so many out-of-state applicants.

Not arguing, just answering the question: It is a problem because it screws IN students who pay IN taxes that fund schools, or have parents that pay IN taxes that fund the schools. Indiana students have to apply elsewhere as OOS students and don't have the benefit of in-state tuition or the benefit of an in-state pool. The school is constantly complaining about 'brain-drain', when graduates move away and get jobs elsewhere, sucking the life out of the state. I doubt that a large percentage of OOSers stay in IN.

I'm not hating the OOS. It's my opinion. I'm entitled to have that opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. That's what this forum is about, discussion of differing ideas, right?

Also, never said that you didn't work hard or didn't deserve it. Nor am I slinging blame. Thanks.

Not arguing, just answering the question: It is a problem because it screws IN students who pay IN taxes that fund schools, or have parents that pay IN taxes that fund the schools. Indiana students have to apply elsewhere as OOS students and don't have the benefit of in-state tuition or the benefit of an in-state pool. The school is constantly complaining about 'brain-drain', when graduates move away and get jobs elsewhere, sucking the life out of the state. I doubt that a large percentage of OOSers stay in IN.

I'm not hating the OOS. It's my opinion. I'm entitled to have that opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. That's what this forum is about, discussion of differing ideas, right?

I'm not sure I understand. Just because someone pays taxes in a state does not mean that they have a right to attend that school. You still have to earn your way into the school - even for undergrad.

And I still don't see how in-state students are getting screwed. In 2010, Purdue interviewed 63% of in-state applicants. That's the majority, right? Are you insinuating that they should just interview all 100%? Does any school actually interview every single in-state student that applies?

And again, I think we have to be careful about wording. Indiana students do not *have* to apply elsewhere as OOS. They have a good shot at getting an interview at Purdue, and once interview, their chances of admission are STILL higher than out-of-state students.

Besides, there is no other school that an Indiana resident can apply to where their chances of admission are higher than at Purdue. So how does that mean that Indiana residents are getting screwed?

Tator- I appreciate your difference of opinion. But I am going to maintain my position and opinion, and politely end this with you because I am very tired and need to go to bed. I shall agree to disagree. :)

Also, never said that you didn't work hard or didn't deserve it. Nor am I slinging blame. Thanks.

So why all the hubub about OOS getting more seats? kinda sounded like an excuse to me. Also, for the lack of taxes thing, we pay Ridiculous tuition compared to IS, so much so that its going to add up to an extra $100,000 of debt for me. Kinda a bit more taxes than what you pay proportionately which you have utilized already in your BS, MS, and PhD. Also, we have an almost impossible chance to become in state students anymore, which could have enticed students to stay in IN and contribute to the economy.

Sorry to target only you Marsala, I know EnvyPointers made the initial remark about OOS. It just hits home when people complain about OOS. I apologize and please disregard my vehement replies.

This seems to be an issue only with IN residents, though the same argument could be made for other schools, including my in state and the one I currently attend.

Missouri interviews 100% of its IS residents who apply. About 50% are accepted. (120 apply, 60 are accepted). Missouri accepts 60 OOS'ers, so proportionally... they accept the same IS/OOS number. But 900 people applied for the 60 OOS spots, so I'd hardly say it's a preference for OOSers. Both schools have very low in state application numbers-- their option for expanding the class is accepting less qualified applicants or accepting more out of state applicants. I know that hurts to hear... but which sounds like the better option for the school?

I know it sucks, guys, but perhaps try applying to other schools if you truly feel so negative and bitter towards Purdue. It sounds like you wouldn't be happy going there anyway.

hey,
do any of you know if there is a deadline to send in fall transcripts? i can't find it on their website but i assume they are required...

thanks! :)

hey,
do any of you know if there is a deadline to send in fall transcripts? i can't find it on their website but i assume they are required...

thanks! :)

I don't believe there's a deadline. I don't think I sent mine in until after my acceptance, but you may want to call them to double check.

I just wanted to bump up this thread with a little bit of positive...

Congrats to everyone on their interview invites!!! I can't even begin to voice how insanely excited I am to be at this point - its been a long road for me and I am so grateful to be at this stage of the application process. I know I still have a long road till acceptance - but interviewing feels so much more in my control than filling out the VMCAS.

Any pointers for interview prep from those that have gone before us??

Just wanna say that I'm a little miffed at the "feedback" Purdue is sending out for rejectees. The email stated to basically look at the class of 2015 stats and wait until September 2012 to get individual feedback. WHAT?? :eek:

I'm sorry, but at that point, there doesn't seem to be any good reason to even look at that info anymore (unless you're going to use it for the NEXT year). By that time, we'll be getting ready to submit VMCAS, not butter up our experiences and try to get better grades. It is what it is come September.

Pfffffft.

jemappelle,

Did you request a feedback e-mail or did they just send you one?

They still haven't posted the full stats for c/o 2015 (applicants and the class) online. It's still for c/o 2014. Argh.

jemappelle,

Did you request a feedback e-mail or did they just send you one?

They still haven't posted the full stats for c/o 2015 (applicants and the class) online. It's still for c/o 2014. Argh.

Yes, i requested via e-mail and they actually gave me the stats for 2015. But I want a file review, and they won't give it until September 2012 which seems so pointless to me :confused:

Yes, i requested via e-mail and they actually gave me the stats for 2015. But I want a file review, and they won't give it until September 2012 which seems so pointless to me :confused:

I had to push to get someone on the phone at Purdue - maybe wait till Feb or March and write them again - that way they won't be as busy. I have not found them to make the feedback process easy but it is possible to get feedback.

Would you mind posting the stats they gave you for this years app cycle?

I also found feedback from other places I applied to be very helpful - Tufts in particular - so try getting reviews from othe schools as well and apply it to Purdue.

Do you have any other schools you're waiting on? I know you've gotten crap news from a couple - I'm hoping the new year brings you some good news!!

So FINALLY someone in admissions e-mailed me, noting that they can give further feedback after January 1st. I was getting soooo frustrated getting the same automated e-mail from them. I mean, I did pay 70 some odd dollars for my application and this is part of the application process. So I kind of professionally ranted to them and finally got a response.

Here are the stats for the class of 2015:

Attachments

• Class of 2015 Statistics.pdf
    86.4 KB · Views: 136
Do you have any other schools you're waiting on? I know you've gotten crap news from a couple - I'm hoping the new year brings you some good news!!

Thanks, Cypress. I'm STILL waiting on KSU. Also Oklahoma, Minnesota, Dublin, and SGU once I finish applying. Best of luck on your interview!!!:luck:

have you interviewees reserved flights/hotels/etc. yet?
c/o 2015-ers and Purdue people in general, any recommendations for hotel/etc. etc.?

we have to fly into Indianapolis, right?

c/o 2015-ers and Purdue people in general, any recommendations for hotel/etc. etc.?

I have not booked anything yet. Looks like Indianapolis is only about an hour away, so that makes the most sense. What day will you be interviewing?

jan 20th. you?
a friend-of-a-friend is working on her PhD there but i dont know how comfortable i feel asking her to stay over... do they do student hosts? my friends that are interviewing for med school said that each school they've interviewed at offers student hosting as an option...
i wish their interview day page had more information about the area/suggested hotels, etc etc... but i'm super excited nonetheless!

jan 20th. you?
a friend-of-a-friend is working on her PhD there but i dont know how comfortable i feel asking her to stay over... do they do student hosts? my friends that are interviewing for med school said that each school they've interviewed at offers student hosting as an option...
i wish their interview day page had more information about the area/suggested hotels, etc etc... but i'm super excited nonetheless!

I don't think they offered student hosts when I interviewed. I stayed in the hotel in the union when I visited and it was really really nice. Both of my parents are PU alums, though, so my mom was kind of relivin' the dream when we went... so I'm not sure if it's the most practical option.

Flew into Indianapolis and Stayed at the Fairfield Inn over in Lafayette. Its only 10 minutes from campus and they were super nice (and affordable!) The Union is beautiful as well as the Plaza and both are great places to stay. I have not heard about being asked to host interviewees so I don't know if we do sponsor that. I'm so excited to see some of you guys come to campus!

=)
check the site through the link in the invitation.
i was also worried but they just posted a mass list of everyone.... i'm sure you're on it :)

wait--I just reread the email and saw the assignments! Disregard that last post sorry!!!

You can fly into Indianapolis and then you can take the Lafayette Limo to West Lafayette, it can drop you off right on campus. I have no advice on hotels unfortunately - I live in Indy and I'll will be able to drive up day of.

Those of you that have interview before - what are the Interest Tables? What kind of format? Any suggestions on which Interest Tables people found the most helpful?

Those of you that have interview before - what are the Interest Tables? What kind of format? Any suggestions on which Interest Tables people found the most helpful?

These were just a couple tables in the one main holding room for the students that came in and talked about their experience. When I went there were students for almost every class year, as well as for most of the clubs. I talked to the equine club as well as a couple class reps. I really liked talking to the class reps for each year, it gave me a good perspective about the classes, how things were organized, as well as how the students actually liked the program.
Everyone mills around during the day, your allowed to wander to designated areas (not the hospital of course), so these people just stayed at the table and had pamphlets or something else and were simply available to answer questions or chat with students. There are also tours of the hospital and tours of campus so there is plenty of things to keep you busy. Also, Purdue had one of the most helpful talks about financial aid which helped me understand what goes on with that.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone and Merry Christmas! :D

Congrats to all interviewees! I did my undergrad at Purdue, so I knew my way around campus. As far as hotels, the Purdue Union Club hotel is very nice, right on campus, and maybe a 10-15 min. walk away to the vet school. I know there is also a Holiday Inn Express that is about a 5 min drive to Purdue, as well as the University Plaza Hotel (about 10 min. drive to Purdue). Those are the only ones I know of that are the closest by the vet school, otherwise there are more hotels off I-65 if you have access to a car (generally about 20 min. drive to school). If you are flying into the Indianapolis airport, there is the Lafayette Limo service that takes you right to the Purdue Memorial Union where the Union Club Hotel is located.

I would HIGHLY encourage you to ask students questions! That was my favorite part to hear their own perspective about school (and it wasn't always sugar-coated. But I feel it gave a pretty accurate idea about vet school life in general). If you can, I would also go to the interview dinner too. Not only is it free, but you usually have vet students and a faculty member sitting at your table. It was much more informal and kind of daunting at first, but they really did try to make you feel at home.

Since Indiana weather is highly unpredictable, (we just had 60 degree temperatures in December!), bring LOTS of layers, coats, gloves, boots, especially if you are going to be walking from the hotels or around campus. My interview was fairly straight-forward and relaxed. It's a half-hour long, but it felt like I was in there for 10 min. They will ask you some "fun" questions to try to get to know you, but I also read up on the school's strategic plan (which is their main goal at the moment. They love to expand and are really trying to be a forerunner.) Of course, study up on the usual "vet school interview questions" but otherwise, let your personality shine through. I had a friend who was mainly asked about her international study abroad experiences, while I was asked about my interest and knowledge of the food animal industry. Always ask them questions too!

You can usually sit in on the classes, which I happened to have a noon interview time, so I was only able to sit- in on one class. But after the class ended, I was able to talk with some more first-year students.

If you need any more information about the school, please PM me. Hope to see some of you around and have a great holiday!

I got an interview for Purdue! Any advice about traveling to Indiana? I have been in California for my whole life and have no idea how to plan for snowy conditions (aside from the weekend going snowboarding).

I intend to fly into IND and I saw that there's two shuttle services that go to West Lafayette. Does anyone know if there are discounts for us?

Lastly, since my adviser stressed to dress appropriately for both a campus tour and an interview how does one dress for both? Particularly worried about shoes. Any help would be great!