This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soccerchick10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My question regarding my SMP and dental school is that if I don't do as well as I hope I will (i.e. if my GPA ends up below 3.6), is it possible to not disclose the fact that I did an SMP when I'm applying to dental schools?

Or if I decide to drop out of my program and take my chances applying to d-schools without the finished SMP do I still have to say I did an SMP?

Members don't see this ad.

A. Dental schools value honesty
B. There is a clearinghouse to check for transcripts for all classes taken at any institution across the country that dental schools check as part of the application process....

Definitely don't withhold information when applying - big mistake

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if I stop my masters program before finishing the first semester of it?

It will depend on how you actually withdraw. If you withdraw from the program during the drop period and NOTHING shows up on a transcript, then it would be like you never attended. Usually that is within the first couple weeks of school though. If you go farther than that and you have a transcript with a W on it (or however many W's for each class you take), you will need to put that on your application. What are your stats now and why are you considering doing the SMP?