Questions for Canadian Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BossDesi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if/when we should be submitting our Canadian DAT scores. I've heard that if we wanted to send them in February (when we wrote the Canadian dat), American schools would assume it was for the previous cycle and not keep them on file. So since we must re-submit them, do we submit on June 1st and wait 3-4 weeks for them to be sent or should we submit earlier?

Also, I applied to a Canadian school for the previous cycle and was rejected although my scores were very competitive (4.0 gpa, 23 AA, 25 PAT). I have not really changed since then, so would I leave the question on how I changed from the last cycle blank?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if/when we should be submitting our Canadian DAT scores. I've heard that if we wanted to send them in February (when we wrote the Canadian dat), American schools would assume it was for the previous cycle and not keep them on file. So since we must re-submit them, do we submit on June 1st and wait 3-4 weeks for them to be sent or should we submit earlier?

Also, I applied to a Canadian school for the previous cycle and was rejected although my scores were very competitive (4.0 gpa, 23 AA, 25 PAT). I have not really changed since then, so would I leave the question on how I changed from the last cycle blank?
Did you get an interview at Canadian schools? Did they get even more competitive now that you can't get in with a perfect GPA and DAT smh!

And I have the same questions as you about the Feb cDAT. I have no idea if they were sent or they are waiting to be sent. Will probably have to call them.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

I'm thinking that if we send out a request now (re ordering DAT scores to be sent to each school) it should be fine because it takes the CDA 10 days to process the request and 4-6 weeks to send it to the school! That's if you e-submit and it gets processed before the schools receive the DAT (?). This process is such a pain!

Members don't see this ad :)
have u guys looked at applying to australian dental schools? also accredited and for the most part they have better dental schools than canada .. lemme know if u need info.... ive applied to canada, us and australia.... was in similar position to u guys last year .... #six #raps
Hey! How did you go about sending your Canadian DAT to US schools?

Hi,

I am a Canadian student as well and wanted to ask when did you guys request your cDAT transcripts?

If I send them right now, would North American schools receive them within the 2nd~3rd week of June?

Thanks!

When I registered for the dat in November 2016, I was asked to pick 5 schools I can send my dat scores without additional fees. Why would I have to resubmit scores unless I'm applying to schools outside of the 5 I chose when registering? I don't think they assume everyone who writes the dat is applying for that same years cycle.

Edit: seems like OP is right and We would have to resend (incl the 5 we chose during registration).

Last edited: