Jan 6, 2021
@RadiologyPD As someone who is trying to figure out what may be the best option to match into a mid tier radiology residency program in the future in which way would you point me in having a higher match of matching in the future: Going to a Caribbean medical school or take my acceptance with a DO school. I have acceptances to both. My grades were not good enough to get into an allopathic school.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
@RadiologyPD As someone who is trying to figure out what may be the best option to match into a mid tier radiology residency program in the future in which way would you point me in having a higher match of matching in the future: Going to a Caribbean medical school or take my acceptance with a DO school. I have acceptances to both. My grades were not good enough to get into an allopathic school.
You can see here what an uphill climb you are facing as an IMG for Rads:
1610573925541.png

Reactions: 1 users
Mar 4, 2017
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Speaking with no personal knowledge or experience, I would say DO is substantially better.

The data presented by Goro seems to corroborate this.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

Ho0v-man

5+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2014
Status
  1. Medical Student
Just to add to this, I know the Carib grads I’ve met have had to work substantially harder for less opportunities for residency in rads. I was very surprised when I did an away at a community program how good the apps of their Carib residents were. They told me straight up they wished they went DO.

Reactions: 1 users

LittleFoot

5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2014
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I really hate opp though :/. Appreciate it!
Most of us hate OMM. It's just a hoop you jump through. DO >>> Carribbean in terms of chances to match Rads. But Allo is also >>> DO in terms of matching.

May 21, 2019
Status
  1. Medical Student
Is there a database that has which programs require step 2 to rank? Just got my score back and it’s not what I expected. Mid 240s step

LittleFoot

5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2014
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Even if I got a 150k scholarship from the Caribbean school?

DO school is 55k a yr. and the Caribbean is 67k but 150 k tuition off.
I mean cheaper is cheaper but it still doesn't help your chances of matching Rads. If I were set on Rads, I wouldn't go Caribbean. If you're open to primary care, then that's entirely different.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads