Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted106503

random

werd2.gif

Members don't see this ad.

blah, i had to be in the hospital this morning from 530-900 for pre-rounds and rounds but now i have the rest of the day off. :D

best part of starting early is finishing early. though had it been my choice, we would have rounded at like 2pm. :laugh:

another strike agaisnt internal medicine and surgery for me, not really a huge morning person.

:love: :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've caught one or two episodes including the finale (I think). It was pretty good I just never had it on scifi when it was on. Didn't they get separated supposedly "permanently" on the finale this year?
*LA LA LA LA LA LA LA* CAN'T HEAR YOU!! STILL ON MY TIVO... LA LA LA LA

(Are you talking about the 1st or 2nd season? If you're talking about the 1st - he "transformed" to become the 10th doctor. If you're talking about 2nd season... yes, I think Rose left and the doctor is going to get a new companion (that's what they call them) )

can you tell i spent all day yesterday going over EM match stats? :laugh:
wait to see how this years come out so you have a more "accurate" picture. ;) as long as you don't mind moving somewhere on the east coast I really think you will be FINE. You are from a great school and you will have great LORs. They count ALOT! Plus personality! You actually have one ;)

Do you think your the EM personality?

*LA LA LA LA LA LA LA* CAN'T HEAR YOU!! STILL ON MY TIVO... LA LA LA LA

(Are you talking about the 1st or 2nd season? If you're talking about the 1st - he "transformed" to become the 10th doctor. If you're talking about 2nd season... yes, I think Rose left and the doctor is going to get a new companion (that's what they call them) )
oh wow, so last season someone else was the doctor? I don't know much about the show in that regard. :oops:

Oh and I used to watch psych and monk but we don't get USA on our main TV anymore b/c I cut the cable bill to get the channels that are like from 26-55 or something like that. They were charging like $40 a month and we really don't watch all that much tv (other than what I tape!)

spill it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh: Yeah you're asking the girl who doesn't know names...!!!

Okay it's the guy that can fly and he's like a politician or something... do you know who I'm talking about?

This actually reminds me: For the 2nd year match form at UT-H they had us pick a TV character we related to and I picked CJ Craig from West Wing. I am SUCH a dork. :laugh:

i know! i had like 8 episodes in my tivo that i had been meaning to see. i just kept watching other stuff ahead of it. after i started watching it i got hooked, i watched all 8 of those episodes over a couple of days. :laugh:

you and i seem to like the same TV. :laugh:

i've only caught like one episode of american idol:( :hungover:

i've only caught like one episode of american idol:( :hungover:
idol sucks :smuggrin:

I really can't believe showsl ike that are still around. I mean they are just so "done". Although I say the same for wife swap and I caught an episode the other day which was pretty funny. Reality TV isn't my thing. Survivor, bachelor, etc. :barf:

:laugh: Yeah you're asking the girl who doesn't know names...!!!

Okay it's the guy that can fly and he's like a politician or something... do you know who I'm talking about?

This actually reminds me: For the 2nd year match form at UT-H they had us pick a TV character we related to and I picked CJ Craig from West Wing. I am SUCH a dork. :laugh:
no ****! I had a feeling it might have been him.

BSG is the shiznit. I love that show. Have you watched the new Dr. Who? It's awesome. (#9 Doctor is Eccleson (sp?) from Heroes, the invisible guy, and he was a GREAT doctor).

My DVR list: Mystery Diagnosis, House, Scrubs, BSG, Dr. Who, Family Guy, MASH re-runs take up most of the space to tell the truth :oops:

Edit: Grey's Anatomy and Southpark too.

i watch all of those except 2. :eek:

hmmm, how can i have such things in common with a texan. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......... :laugh:

seriously though ana, going up to the helipad for the first time dressed in my surgical gown, mask and gloves.... i TOTALLY felt like i was in an episode of mash. such. a. nerd. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)

hmmm, how can i have such things in common with a texan. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......... :laugh:

seriously though ana, going up to the helipad for the first time dressed in my surgical gown, mask and gloves.... i TOTALLY felt like i was in an episode of mash. such. a. nerd. :oops:

ha ha:smuggrin:

You watch the gilmore girls, veronica mars, bones, ugly betty, greys anatomy and men in trees too? NO WAY! :p Also add scrubs, ER, What about Brian, family guy, CSI, and I'm sure I'm leaving out something else to my DVR list.

that's b/c all the cool kids like ourselves watch all the cool shows. Either that or were the two biggest dorks ever ;) Do you watch battlestar galactica? I got hooked on that. If you haven't seen it, at least watch the pilot then season 1 and 2. Such a great show although its getting a little over the top in some regards now. They are dragging out this story line I think to get another season out of the show!

I taped black donnellys to see what that is about, I'll get to it eventually.

Long live alias!

yeah ok, maybe not so much in common anymore. :laugh:

:laugh: This means that you need to start watching BSG and Dr. Who too!!

And you're just jealous of my badass state (OMG - the TMDSAS FAQ is sucking my life away. I don't want to half-ass it so it's taking FOREVER and a day).

My first celebrity crush was Alan Alda :love: And I still love him. Hawkeye is my hero.
alda_alan_1975.jpg

omg the ppl down the hallway from me are burning food again......wtf.......if you can't ****ing cook then don't do it. the smell of burnt breakfast is now filling my apt.
Oh gross!! :eek:

I'm sorry Nikki. I had a friend microwave a leftover burrito in the foil. Good gawd. Worst thing I have EVER smelled. And it was in the dorm for WEEKS.

wait to see how this years come out so you have a more "accurate" picture. ;) as long as you don't mind moving somewhere on the east coast I really think you will be FINE. You are from a great school and you will have great LORs. They count ALOT! Plus personality! You actually have one ;)

you know mush, i dont know. i know i dont have the personality of most surgeons, ie psycho. to tell you the truth i think my personality matches most with internal med, translation... nerdy. :laugh:

i was reading in the EM forum though that most EM docs are either nerds or cowboys or wilderness types etc... so its a broad mix. i should be fine, especially since im more laid back than the typical IM doc. so a laid back, funny nerd... i should be ok in EM. :) :laugh:

:laugh: This means that you need to start watching BSG and Dr. Who too!!

And you're just jealous of my badass state (OMG - the TMDSAS FAQ is sucking my life away. I don't want to half-ass it so it's taking FOREVER and a day).

My first celebrity crush was Alan Alda :love: And I still love him. Hawkeye is my hero.
alda_alan_1975.jpg

did you read his book? i read it during the week i had my power knocked out by hurricane wilma. it was hilarious.

Hmmm.... I wonder why :idea:

No worries, A-man. YOU ROCK!! You're going to end up in an awesome residency, I'm totally sure of it. :)

thanks guys :oops:

you guys are awesome. yeah, i dont care where i go in the match since ill have to leave miami no matter what. preferably it would be someplace with seasons but i dont care if i stay in florida or go to texas, georgia, the carolinas, michigan, idaho, whatever. so yeah, im applying broadly and just crossing my fingers.

did you read his book? i read it during the week i had my power knocked out by hurricane wilma. it was hilarious.
It's on my list. I'm working Anderson Cooper's book right now. Pretty good. Then I'm moving on to this book: http://www.amazon.com/Six-Questions...1627350?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173023027&sr=8-3

He's a really awesome author. I fell in love with his first book: Socrates Cafe, and brought him to A&M to speak. Apparently he has a new one out that I didn't know about. :laugh: *maybe* I'll get through all of these before August.

(Evo gave me a bunch of textbooks this weekend. I gotta get my gunner on and get through those too :smuggrin: )

thanks guys :oops:

you guys are awesome. yeah, i dont care where i go in the match since ill have to leave miami no matter what. preferably it would be someplace with seasons but i dont care if i stay in florida or go to texas, georgia, the carolinas, michigan, idaho, whatever. so yeah, im applying broadly and just crossing my fingers.

michigan has seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idaho.......stfu......you can't go from miami to idaho

It's on my list. I'm working Anderson Cooper's book right now. Pretty good. Then I'm moving on to this book: http://www.amazon.com/Six-Questions...1627350?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173023027&sr=8-3

He's a really awesome author. I fell in love with his first book: Socrates Cafe, and brought him to A&M to speak. Apparently he has a new one out that I didn't know about. :laugh: *maybe* I'll get through all of these before August.

(Evo gave me a bunch of textbooks this weekend. I gotta get my gunner on and get through those too :smuggrin: )
I told you...learn memory techniques first. This book is the you-know-what for helping you learn the techniques for improving your ability to memorize trivia, which as Arsenic can tell you, is a HUGE part of medicine.

Oh gross!! :eek:

I'm sorry Nikki. I had a friend microwave a leftover burrito in the foil. Good gawd. Worst thing I have EVER smelled. And it was in the dorm for WEEKS.

yeah one time i tried to microwave a rice krispie treat while it was still in its wrapper......BAD IDEA...

I told you...learn memory techniques first. This book is the you-know-what for helping you learn the techniques for improving your ability to memorize trivia, which as Arsenic can tell you, is a HUGE part of medicine.

thanks 4 the tip.

ana you are the biggest freaking gunner!!!

totally. ie SIGECAPS for psych. my fav mnemonic from the psych rotation was "trazodone raises the bone", ie a side effect of trazodone is priapism. :laugh:

totally. ie SIGECAPS for psych. my fav mnemonic from the psych rotation was "trazodone raises the bone", ie a side effect of trazodone is priapism. :laugh:
So what you're saying is that all the Learning and Cognitive Psych classes I took in ugrad are actually going to help out?

SWEET! :)

I wonder sometimes if I'm going to fall in love with neurology because of my background. I doubt I'll like psych because I was never that in to the abnormal stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.