Random non-pre-allo and only peripherally related to pre-allo-isms thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to share the state of CT with Dr. TF?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
I was just thinking how nice it is not to have to do secondaries ever again...

All finished up? That's awesome. I've pretty much done all I can for now, since I'm still waiting on a few to show up. I'm thinking about applying to another school who already has their secondary released.

Looque said:
All finished up? That's awesome. I've pretty much done all I can for now, since I'm still waiting on a few to show up. I'm thinking about applying to another school who already has their secondary released.

Been done for a year

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.TobiasFünke said:
Been done for a year

You're so ahead of the game.

Here I was thinking all along that you're crawling through the mud with all of us.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
Nope... ive been there, done that, and have since moved on with my life.

I think there's an argument for a little arrested development: you're still a regular in the pre-allo forums.

Oh... this is war. I didn't pay $50 for Black and White 2 just so that I could wind up with some "Installation error, your system was not modified: Incorrect Function" message after disk 2.

My computer is less than a month old. I have enough of everything.. the system more than meet the requirements. WTF>?!!?!!?!?!

this is teh sux0r, man.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
The medical student forms are SOOOOOOO boring. They do not help get you through work...

Well that's what all the AA wars, inane AMCAS queries, what are my chances, and most importantly Randomness are here for. :thumbup:

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
The medical student forms are SOOOOOOO boring. They do not help get you through work...

you don't find the great back-pack v. olsen bag debate exhilerating? that's as crazy as me being on here instead watching my son's action packed Elmo video with him... :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Severus said:
Oh... this is war. I didn't pay $50 for Black and White 2 just so that I could wind up with some "Installation error, your system was not modified: Incorrect Function" message after disk 2.

My computer is less than a month old. I have enough of everything.. the system more than meet the requirements. WTF>?!!?!!?!?!

this is teh sux0r, man.

The only game I play is Halo 2, but that's obviously not on the computer. The last computer games I was really into were Civilization, Sim City and Age of Empires, but I eventually broke away from them.

Nevertheless, you're not getting what you deserve from that game, and that affront shall not stand!

Looque said:
The only game I play is Halo 2, but that's obviously not on the computer. The last computer games I was really into were Civilization, Sim City and Age of Empires, but I eventually broke away from them.

Nevertheless, you're not getting what you deserve from that game, and that affront shall not stand!
I have recently discovered the joy/pain of Guitar Hero.

Depakote said:

I've recently discovered the joy/pain of some online videos of the Air Guitar World Championships.

Looque said:

It's not satisfying my needs. It's much more hassle that it needs to be.

I will not tolerate this. Battleship SUNK!

MiesVanDerMom said:
you don't find the great back-pack v. olsen bag debate exhilerating? that's as crazy as me being on here instead watching my son's action packed Elmo video with him... :smuggrin:

Elmo... :eek:

scandalous.

You know, when I saw braluk's response in the "how will you celebrate an acceptance?" thread, I couldn't help but think: Yeah! Babies EVERYWHERE!

Depakote said:
Oh snap, Guitar Hero rocks my world. (pun intended)

To quote Carl, the Aqua Teens' neighbor: "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"

Dallenoff, crazy stuff. I was just down there last weekend to visit a friend. There are some crazy happy hour specials there: $8 for all-you-can-drink wells for four hours? Talk about a bargain.

Looque said:
You know, when I saw braluk's response in the "how will you celebrate an acceptance?" thread, I couldn't help but think: Yeah! Babies EVERYWHERE!

I just said that to the coffee cart woman and she totally gave me a large iced coffee for the price of a small.

It was GREAT!

Looque said:
Dallenoff, crazy stuff. I was just down there last weekend to visit a friend. There are some crazy happy hour specials there: $8 for all-you-can-drink wells for four hours? Talk about a bargain.
haha! Club Blue! Crazy times in that joint, back when it was Star Bar. I'm about a 10 minute stumble from Pine Street.

Severus said:
I believe I poked you last. :cool:
That's funny...I didn't feel a thing.
Bite.gif

I would just like to say that I'm really excited about the AeroBed I just purchased for my new apartment.
That is all.

Dallenoff said:
haha! Club Blue! Crazy times in that joint, back when it was Star Bar. I'm about a 10 minute stumble from Pine Street.

Nooo, I was at a place next to Club Blue. I'm not sure if it was actually adjoined, but it was very near it, on the same side of the street, on the corner. I think the name was Fan Club, but honestly, after however many hours of all-you-can-drink, I don't recall.

What are you doing there? In school, or just living?

And Severus, ha... keep using the line to your advantage. Good things are happening! Perhaps it should be incorporated into a medical school interview?

Looque said:
Nooo, I was at a place next to Club Blue. I'm not sure if it was actually adjoined, but it was very near it, on the same side of the street, on the corner. I think the name was Fan Club, but honestly, after however many hours of all-you-can-drink, I don't recall.

What are you doing there? In school, or just living?
Oh yeah. Fan Club has quarter draws on Thursday nights, but all-you-can-drink? I need to look into this. The co-founder is a really close family friend (through a church kinda?) so it was awesome going into that bar in 4th grade and playing video games in the office and stuff.

I'm a townie actually. Although I'm guilty of taking some classes at the school here. The women are more plentiful in MO than in OH, I think. Why oh why didn't I go to State School instead of nerd school?

Dallenoff said:
Oh yeah. Fan Club has quarter draws on Thursday nights, but all-you-can-drink? I need to look into this. The co-founder is a really close family friend (through a church kinda?) so it was awesome going into that bar in 4th grade and playing video games in the office and stuff.

I'm a townie actually. Although I'm guilty of taking some classes at the school here. The women are more plentiful in MO than in OH, I think. Why oh why didn't I go to State School instead of nerd school?

I guess it depends on where in OH you're talking about, because they're certainly abundant at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. What's the nerd school in Ohio that you went to? Case? Kind of nifty that we're both Missouri-Ohio commuters.

I assume that the all-you-can-drink thing is only on certain nights, and maybe it's only a summer thing. It was a Friday night that I was there, though.

Looque said:
I guess it depends on where in OH you're talking about, because they're certainly abundant at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. What's the nerd school in Ohio that you went to? Case? Kind of nifty that we're both Missouri-Ohio commuters.

I assume that the all-you-can-drink thing is only on certain nights, and maybe it's only a summer thing. It was a Friday night that I was there, though.
You nailed it. Ohio State's closer than Miami for partying though, but the Miami girls are smarter. UDayton girls are skankalicious!

Dallenoff said:
You nailed it. Ohio State's closer than Miami for partying though, but the Miami girls are smarter. UDayton girls are skankalicious!

I haven't met any UDayton girls. hehe funny story about OSU girls, though, with a girl from there that I went on a date with a couple years ago: a friend of mine at Miami (who didn't know the girl at all and had no idea I knew her) wound up sending me a link to a video of her doing a striptease that had apparently been widely disseminated across the internet. It certainly caught me off-guard.

...but yes, I've heard bad things about the social scene at case, including a mildly amusing alternate interpretation of Case's CWRU abbreviation.

1. There's no way in hell I'm ever going to be able to produce recombinant PINK1 protein using this bloody yeast system.

2. I tried a shady installation method by copying the CDs into a makeshift C:\BW2 folder and it seemed to be working until I got some "data 3 invalid MS DOS" error. WTF is up with this game? :thumbdown:

Looque said:
I haven't met any UDayton girls. hehe funny story about OSU girls, though, with a girl from there that I went on a date with a couple years ago: a friend of mine at Miami (who didn't know the girl at all and had no idea I knew her) wound up sending me a link to a video of her doing a striptease that had apparently been widely disseminated across the internet. It certainly caught me off-guard.
Ha, that's a little messed up. No second date?

Looque said:
...but yes, I've heard bad things about the social scene at case, including a mildly amusing alternate interpretation of Case's CWRU abbreviation.
It's so true, they look like men. The OP would feel right at home.

Severus said:
1. There's no way in hell I'm ever going to be able to produce recombinant PINK1 protein using this bloody yeast system.

2. I tried a shady installation method by copying the CDs into a makeshift C:\BW2 folder and it seemed to be working until I got some "data 3 invalid MS DOS" error. WTF is up with this game? :thumbdown:

hehe you're trying to install the game on your lab computer? Or do you have a personal laptop that you take to lab with you?

Looque said:
hehe you're trying to install the game on your lab computer? Or do you have a personal laptop that you take to lab with you?

Yeah, I pretty much live here so I'm trying to install it on my lab computer while I crunch some numbers. :oops:

Dallenoff said:
Ha, that's a little messed up. No second date?

It's so true, they look like men. The OP would feel right at home.

Presciently, I elected not to go on another date with her because I felt she may be a little too wild for me.

Surely none of them at CWRU can rival Severus' beard, though. I've been lusting over that mane for days.

Dallenoff said:
Which one? :p

It looks like it has all kind of grown together and has uniform texture, so it's a singular mane in my book.

Looque said:
Surely none of them at CWRU can rival Severus' beard, though. I've been lusting over that mane for days.

It's my trademark baby. These luscious locks keep the menfolk begging for more. ;)

Remember the pudding and the mud.

Severus said:
It's my trademark baby. These luscious locks keep the menfolk begging for more. ;)

Remember the pudding and the mud.

The pudding and the mud... :love: The way it clumps up in your scraggly, greying hair is perfect.

Molly forgives everyone.

And on a more serious note, I don't think that there is such a thing as a girlie mane. A female's hair should never allow "mane" to be an accurate discriptor, when considering connotations, although this doesn't stop femme-mullets.

Severus said:
Alright, so the installation problem seems to stem from a faulty disk 2. I'm going to demand a refund!

Yes! And ash your cigarette in their face!

Status
Not open for further replies.