Random non-pre-allo and only peripherally related to pre-allo-isms thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looque said:
Molly forgives everyone.

And on a more serious note, I don't think that there is such a thing as a girlie mane. A female's hair should never allow "mane" to be an accurate discriptor, when considering connotations, although this doesn't stop femme-mullets.

Yes! And ash your cigarette in their face!

LOL... I'd certainly hope most girls wouldn't have a um.... "mane". :barf:

I'ma put this cigarette out in their face if they don't refund my hard-earned hobo money.

Members don't see this ad.

Looque said:
And on a more serious note, I don't think that there is such a thing as a girlie mane. A female's hair should never allow "mane" to be an accurate discriptor, when considering connotations, although this doesn't stop femme-mullets.

A google image search for "girlie mane" is not half as entertaining as I'd hoped.

Members don't see this ad :)
Severus said:
LOL... I'd certainly hope most girls wouldn't have a um.... "mane". :barf:

I'ma put this cigarette out in their face if they don't refund my hard-earned hobo money.

They better respect your authority. Get all up in their grill.

And how could a google search for girlie mane be fruitless? Perhaps feminine mane or female mane or girl mane or woman mane.... I don't know, there has to be something.

Severus said:
"girlie beard"?

I'd look, but not on a work computer.

Ha, yes, save the work computer for your games!

Severus said:
"girlie beard"?

I'd look, but not on a work computer.
GIS.jpg

Looque said:
Ha, yes, save the work computer for your games!

well, I'm not really intending to play it on here. I tried installing it at home, but came up with an error. I thought I'd try it out on the new computer at work to see if it was a systems thing or a problem with the game. Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't go out and purchase a new video card.

Time-out. I've got to brief someone on a research database. Can't these people teach themselves? Gooooosh

On some level, I fail to understand how you can type in something as raunchy sounding as "girlie beard" and get absolutely nothing when a search for something like, "soccer mom" returns a whole boatload of nastay pictures.

Severus said:
On some level, I fail to understand how you can type in something as raunchy sounding as "girlie beard" and get absolutely nothing when a search for something like, "soccer mom" returns a whole boatload of nastay pictures.

Agreed. I'm really quite shocked. I can't remember the last time I typed in anything and didn't get at least one hit.

taylormade44 said:
shouldn't it be spelled girly?

...may be on to something here

Members don't see this ad :)
MollyMalone said:
coupla hits but nothing interesting.

Zut alors. That's sad to the point of depressing. Where is the pervs' creativity?

MollyMalone said:
I think of The Little Mermaid every time you say "Zut alors."

You know, I've said it ever since high school French, well after the last time I had seen The Little Mermaid, so I never had any real knowledge of its use in the movie. However, a few months ago, I watched it again with a friend who was writing some kind of paper over the gender roles displayed in the movie, and I definitely cracked up when I heard the ol' French chef exlaim, "Zut alors!" I don't quite say it like him, though.

I hope the parents possessed extraordinary willpower and restraint... because it would take every ounce of it.

This might be bordering on non-random, but congrats on the verification taylormade!

Dr Durden said:
This might be bordering on non-random, but congrats on the verification taylormade!

That comment was way out of line

Please forgive me. Congrats taylormade on regaining your sanity.

Dr Durden said:
Please forgive me. Congrats taylormade on regaining your sanity.

You're forgiven only because you're from Missouri, for we host Joseph Smith's Garden of Eden.

Thank heavens.

I know that if I were a diety, I would chose a giant spire in Jackson County to make my triumphant return. :rolleyes:

I've decided that I'm not going to touch a single secondary until this weekend. Now, I've just got to decide which movies to veg to tonight!

:D

Severus said:
I've decided that I'm not going to touch a single secondary until this weekend. Now, I've just got to decide which movies to veg to tonight!

:D

Chances are you've long ago made your decisions for which movies to watch, but I'd still like to offer the suggestion of Mulholland Drive.

Looque said:
Chances are you've long ago made your decisions for which movies to watch, but I'd still like to offer the suggestion of Mulholland Drive.

Maybe that will be tonight's choice, if I decide to stay in.

Also, thread bumpage... the work day approaches and I require my diversion. :cool:

well, i would just like to say how i started my day...

my bf and i got up, he started making breakfast, i was picking out some clothes and i hear a semi-anguished "isobel....". so i come over and he tells me "there's a bat in the fan."

"is it dead?"
"yeah, pretty sure"
"is it gross?" (scared i'd come over and see something like ground beef)
"no...."

so i come over and this poor little batty had somehow squeezed through the half-inch wide holes on the face of the box fan we'd put in the living room window overnight. then, he got whacked by a blade, dragged himself around inside a little and died. the thing is, the fan was on the inside of the screened window so we don't know if he somehow came in the window or was trying to get out but either way, getting inside the fan was a feat.

luckily, today was trash day and the fan was crap we got at cvs for like 10 dollars so we just took the whole thing out to the curb. felt like we shoulda given it a little burial but we had to leave for work, it was IN a frickin' fan, and lord knows it coulda been rabid or something.

poor little dude.

isobel said:
well, i would just like to say how i started my day...

my bf and i got up, he started making breakfast, i was picking out some clothes and i hear a semi-anguished "isobel....". so i come over and he tells me "there's a bat in the fan."

"is it dead?"
"yeah, pretty sure"
"is it gross?" (scared i'd come over and see something like ground beef)
"no...."

so i come over and this poor little batty had somehow squeezed through the half-inch wide holes on the face of the box fan we'd put in the living room window overnight. then, he got whacked by a blade, dragged himself around inside a little and died. the thing is, the fan was on the inside of the screened window so we don't know if he somehow came in the window or was trying to get out but either way, getting inside the fan was a feat.

luckily, today was trash day and the fan was crap we got at cvs for like 10 dollars so we just took the whole thing out to the curb. felt like we shoulda given it a little burial but we had to leave for work, it was IN a frickin' fan, and lord knows it coulda been rabid or something.

poor little dude.

Although I hated learning about animals in biology as an undergrad... I recall my bio prof discussing bat's ability to compress their bodies almost completely flat and able to squeeze into the smallest cracks in windown and fans.

I hate bats...

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
Although I hated learning about animals in biology as an undergrad... I recall my bio prof discussing bat's ability to compress their bodies almost completely flat and able to squeeze into the smallest cracks in windown and fans.

I hate bats...

yeah, i had hamsters and gerbils when i was a kid and they too could squeeze really flat.

i like bats. not flying about the house or anything, but in general.

scentimint said:
i have a belly button

I know someone who does NOT have a belly button.

Looque said:

Over/under: Number of times required to watch Mulholland Drive before you can figure out what the f*** is going on: 5

Great movie, though.

ADeadLois said:
Over/under: Number of times required to watch Mulholland Drive before you can figure out what the f*** is going on: 5

Great movie, though.

Ha... I've probably seen it 5 times and there are still a couple things I haven't quite figured out. I love it, though. What I do get I think was done incredibly well.

This is what you've resorted to sev? :laugh:

Oh and I got your message last night. Sorry Hern was using my computer. We have to plan an outing. Any ideas?

Looque said:
Ha... I've probably seen it 5 times and there are still a couple things I haven't quite figured out. I love it, though. What I do get I think was done incredibly well.

Yeah, I agree. The only scene I don't really get is the one right after they go to the Club Silencio for the first time. Specifically, the part where Naomi Watts' character(s) disappears and L.E. Harring's character(s) finds the blue box and the camera zooms in. The next scene is of the empty room and the aunt who owns the apartment walks in.

mshheaddoc said:
This is what you've resorted to sev? :laugh:

Oh and I got your message last night. Sorry Hern was using my computer. We have to plan an outing. Any ideas?

Hey, I ain't proud of it, but I REFUSE to write more essays. I need a break... a break of total randomness.

Hern... :rolleyes: ... make him get his own computer. ;) I guess we could always go to a bar(ish) place and have dinner and some such. Is rugger coming?

I thought my iPod was screwing up some of my songs, then I finally realized that the songs were in stereo and I only had one headphone in. Doh.

Severus, go write an essay! Or describe my interest in Yale.

ADeadLois said:
Yeah, I agree. The only scene I don't really get is the one right after they go to the Club Silencio for the first time. Specifically, the part where Naomi Watts' character(s) disappears and L.E. Harring's character(s) finds the blue box and the camera zooms in. The next scene is of the empty room and the aunt who owns the apartment walks in.

I know exactly what you're talking about. If I understood that part myself, I'd be happy to clue you in. The box in general baffles me.

Looque said:
Severus, go write an essay! Or describe my interest in Yale.

Nope. Not today, my friend. This weekend, though, I'ma try and tackle Case/Cleveland and Harvard's HST essays.

I already wrote the Yale essay. It wasn't too bad as I was able to expand on how their curriculum is similar to my experiences as a homeschooled student.. it seemed to take forever to write though. I hate writing. :rolleyes:

G'luck with it!

Severus said:
Nope. Not today, my friend. This weekend, though, I'ma try and tackle Case/Cleveland and Harvard's HST essays.

I already wrote the Yale essay. It wasn't too bad as I was able to expand on how their curriculum is similar to my experiences as a homeschooled student.. it seemed to take forever to write though. I hate writing. :rolleyes:

G'luck with it!

Yeah, I've actually come up with what I think is a great route for the essay. I dare not mention it here, though, for fear of the idea being copied :scared: The essay is flowing now, like the mighty Missouri River.

And jeez, what on earth are you going to do for a whole day if you're not writing essays? What else could there possibly be to life?

Severus said:
Hey, I ain't proud of it, but I REFUSE to write more essays. I need a break... a break of total randomness.

Hern... :rolleyes: ... make him get his own computer. ;) I guess we could always go to a bar(ish) place and have dinner and some such. Is rugger coming?
two words - cafe habana

Looque said:
Yeah, I've actually come up with what I think is a great route for the essay. I dare not mention it here, though, for fear of the idea being copied :scared: The essay is flowing now, like the mighty Missouri River.

And jeez, what on earth are you going to do for a whole day if you're not writing essays? What else could there possibly be to life?
What else to life? Jello wrestling.

mshheaddoc said:
What else to life? Jello wrestling.

Sev and I decided that mud and pudding wrestling (either simultaneously or separately) are better routes. Those two items clump together much more effectively in that love fur on her face.

I think that, really, I'd use her beard for my standard eating utensil if I could.

PS - I'm frightened by your post count.

Severus said:
Maybe that will be tonight's choice, if I decide to stay in.

Also, thread bumpage... the work day approaches and I require my diversion. :cool:
Right now Im having a tryst with Woody Allen flicks. Nice little think tank movies on the human condition (funny as well). Try these:

Hannah and Her Sisters
Manhatten
Crimes and Misdemeanors

but none of them will be able to match the glory known as SoaP

Looque said:

Ugh.. I am getting so tired of essay writing. Applying to so many schools is really a downer mentally and fiscally. It has made me so depressed and dull -- which is saying something for a hobo -- that I've made this a completely lazy i's-not-doing-anything-but-having-fun week. :cool: Tomorrow, the "thinking" cap goes back on.

Essays fo' LIFE! :cool:

P.S. Good idea about the essay. Keep it secret... keep it safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.