Random PCAT 2019 questions!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kallsup

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am scheduled to take the PCAT this July 2019 and had a couple questions.

For the chemistry section, are calculators / periodic tables provided? I heard basic calculators are provided for certain questions, but Dr. Collins has a lot of practice questions that involve finding pH, pOH, and concentrations, so how are we suppose to do this without using the log function?

Also a random PharmCAS question: What kinds of certifications / professional licenses are appropriate to put on the app? I have 2 CITI program certificates in Human Research and Responsible Conduct of Research but I'm not sure if these are relevant, I just feel weird leaving a section blank.

I'd love any advice for the PCAT or PharmCAS application that I can get! :)

Members don't see this ad.

For the chemistry section, are calculators / periodic tables provided? I heard basic calculators are provided for certain questions, but Dr. Collins has a lot of practice questions that involve finding pH, pOH, and concentrations, so how are we suppose to do this without using the log function?
I don't remember exactly what functions there are on the calculator, but it does have all the functions you need to complete the exam.
Also a random PharmCAS question: What kinds of certifications / professional licenses are appropriate to put on the app? I have 2 CITI program certificates in Human Research and Responsible Conduct of Research but I'm not sure if these are relevant, I just feel weird leaving a section blank.
I'd say those are appropriate to include, particularly if you want to go into research.
And don't feel bad about leaving a particular section blank…I had to leave my experiences section blank and I'm now finishing up my first year. :) Sometimes you just don't have anything.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't remember exactly what functions there are on the calculator, but it does have all the functions you need to complete the exam.

I'd say those are appropriate to include, particularly if you want to go into research.
And don't feel bad about leaving a particular section blank…I had to leave my experiences section blank and I'm now finishing up my first year. :) Sometimes you just don't have anything.

Awesome, thank you so much, and congratulations!! :)