RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Our lecture hall is always freeeeezing. So I walked out of the building with a hoodie on to 91 degree weather. So that’s nice!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The biggest pitfall of warm places - they always crank up the AC way too high!
Regardless if it’s August, December, or May, you can guarantee the AC is running at OSU CVHS.

Also, last semester our Dean taught one of our classes and he saw us all bundled up and he was like “oh are y’all cold? We can turn it up if you want. We have everything precisely controlled on a computer system.

never again. It was 55 outside and probably 80-85 degrees inside the classroom. We were sweating. I wanted to die. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
college campuses everywhere. O, you are cold? here, let's make it 85. You are hot? let's make it 60. noooo make it an even 75!!!!
Oh god 75 is too hot pls no. 70 is a better classroom temp because those who are a bit chilly at that temp can keep their blanket on but those of us who melt at 75 indoors cannot take off more clothes and have it still be appropriate for class/in public

You guys would have froze in my apartment this winter. It was a toasty 68 degrees :p

I keep my apartment at 69 degrees for two reasons, and the second is so that I can have blankets and be a lovely burrito.
I’m too poor and my apartment too poorly insulated to be any warmer :laugh:

I spend an extraordinary amount of time approximately 2 feet away from my fireplace.

In a blanket burrito, preferably.

I have no idea how anyone survives in 68 degree households.

I understand, but 70 my hands are too cold to type. and turning blue. 73 maybe?
Too hot. I cannot take my skin off.

You guys would have froze in my apartment this winter. It was a toasty 68 degrees :p
68 is what my house is at year round except if it gets really hot in the summer then it’s like 65

I keep my apartment at 69 degrees for two reasons, and the second is so that I can have blankets and be a lovely burrito.
I agree, colder is better--but only for sleeping! Otherwise, crank that heat up please.

Thankfully both my bf and I agree that cold is better for sleeping. We've had our window slightly open all winter. It probably is around 60 at night in there. It makes for very cozy blankie snuggles!

There's very little airflow between our bedroom and the main room in our apartment, so thankfully when I get up in the morning, it's nice and warm when I'm getting ready.

I habitually keep my car at 90 and sleep under a heated blanket year round even in TX. My complaining about incorrect thermostats only goes one way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I forget that that’s a thing in the Not-South. We would get murdered by bugs year round. murdered.
Interestingly, not having AC in the South (and thusly having to keep windows open to keep cool) has been associated with an increased incidence of arthropod-borne diseases. One of the fun (and by fun I mean sad :() tidbits from my masters classes :p

Reactions: 1 users
We kept our heat at 68 during the day and then 63-5 at night growing up, so I don’t understand warm houses. I like snuggling under a blanket and not sweating :p

I habitually keep my car at 90 and sleep under a heated blanket year round even in TX. My complaining about incorrect thermostats only goes one way.
I always forget we're both part lizard.
We kept our heat at 68 during the day and then 63-5 at night growing up, so I don’t understand warm houses. I like snuggling under a blanket and not sweating :p
I snuggle under warm blankets in 73 degree houses very comfortably thank you. :p

I allow my house to drop down to 66 during the winter. Saves me some money and I get to curl under a ridiculous amount of blankets at night. I also have a throw for every room in the house plus some extras. If I ever want to relive my childhood I could make a really mean blanket fort.

I grew up in a home where there was only heating on the first floor. Bedrooms were on the second floor. That may explain my preference.

I allow my house to drop down to 66 during the winter. Saves me some money and I get to curl under a ridiculous amount of blankets at night. I also have a throw for every room in the house plus some extras. If I ever want to relive my childhood I could make a really mean blanket fort.
I tried to keep my heat at 65ish to save money last and this winter at the beginning but the rabbits and the cats were very dramatic and acting like they were freezing to death so I turned it up :laugh: I’m a sucker.

I tried to keep my heat at 65ish to save money last and this winter at the beginning but the rabbits and the cats were very dramatic and acting like they were freezing to death so I turned it up :laugh: I’m a sucker.
:laugh: I’m not as nice to my pets. My cat would come up to me at night and “mrrroow” for me to lift up the covers so she could get under them too. Otherwise she had to suck it up and the rest of my animals had personal heaters.

:laugh: I’m not as nice to my pets. My cat would come up to me at night and “mrrroow” for me to lift up the covers so she could get under them too. Otherwise she had to suck it up and the rest of my animals had personal heaters.
The rabbits I may have let suffer for a bit, but my cat is ancient and always gets her way haha

We keep the house at 58-60 in the winter. In the summer, it's more of a room-by-room thing with window units.

Interestingly, not having AC in the South (and thusly having to keep windows open to keep cool) has been associated with an increased incidence of arthropod-borne diseases. One of the fun (and by fun I mean sad :() tidbits from my masters classes :p
I’m not surprised, unfortunately. It’s a real scary problem. :/

having to rely on window ac units unless they were v v powerful (which i feel like is not a thing with window units) would kill me in the summer for sure.
I didn’t even realize window ac units were a thing after the 60’s. You do die in the south without AC, unfortunately.!84/ incredibly sad.

I didn’t even realize window ac units were a thing after the 60’s. You do die in the south without AC, unfortunately.!84/ incredibly sad.
they sadly are a thing up here because a loooot of older homes were not built with central air and its hella expensive to get it installed after the fact. thank jeebus my house has central air.

they sadly are a thing up here because a loooot of older homes were not built with central air and its hella expensive to get it installed after the fact. thank jeebus my house has central air.
We stayed at my friend’s house in Cape Town for a week and a half last January, and they had fans and open windows at night. I thought I was going to die. There was never a moment where I was truly cool or comfortable. The moment we got to the hotel in Johannesburg, we cranked the AC as low as it could possibly go and were so happy. It was glorious.

I keep my place set at 80 in the summer.

Growing up in FL, if my sister or I complained that it was too hot we were told to go outside. That made 80 feel cool really quick, lol.

Too hot. I cannot take my skin off.

68 is what my house is at year round except if it gets really hot in the summer then it’s like 65
We are officially no longer exactly the same person. Currently my house is set at 70 (compromise with the man-person) and I'm huddled under an electric blanket and my hands are still freezing.

We are officially no longer exactly the same person. Currently my house is set at 70 (compromise with the man-person) and I'm huddled under an electric blanket and my hands are still freezing.
I usually can negotiate with my partner up to 71... where I'm still chilly but can tolerate with blankets and fireplace, and he's sweating with anything more than a third of his body covered. Life is hard. :laugh:

I run the AC at 78ish in the summer. Probably 76 is my preferred temperature, but I eke out those couple of degrees to save money and it's fine because of the ceiling fans. Currently the AC is technically on, but it still cool enough at night and my apartment is under the shade from a huge live oak tree so the AC doesn't ever kick on even though it's been mid to high 80s out. I only turned on the heat for like a week this "winter"...set it on 70 and still used a space heater and multiple blankets.

When I was in vet school my roommate loved it cold. So the whole house was usually cold and I'd use my space heater set to keep the room at 75 and electric blanket in my room. But when she'd leave for the weekend you bet I cranked that heater up to the mid 70s.

Excuse me?!?
Looks like they backed it down to less than an inch this afternoon. Thank goodness. I was at an appointment Monday and the receptionists were stalking the weather and talking about it. No more snow!

Have a '90s song stuck in my head. It's a bad one. All it took was a comic saying the band name. Uggh. Open the spoiler at your own risk....

Creed -arms wide open