RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to be late to the upset party, but here is an emoji for you:
grumpy.gif

Hugs.
Thanks for the emoji! <3

It's not even so much angry swearing, but that's my defense mechanism when I want to cry....

Members don't see this ad.

Why oh why did I put off all this IACUC paperwork, all packing or shopping, and cleaning out my locker at school?!?! I left myself like 2 days to do all this bull**** before leaving on a ~6 week One Health research trip to Costa Rica. Like, I am so excited for this trip. But I have been a lazy ass since school got out, with the exception of dealing with all the Ziggy craziness, and now I am def paying the price. Ughhh need some motivation here

Reactions: 1 users
Regarding composting . . .

I spent a summer working with someone who was just finishing her tiny house. She had a book on composting human waste. The author even used his waste-compost in the garden. The girl I worked with was just using composting methods as a way to make due without plumbing. IIRC, she was layering peat moss in the toilet (bucket) to control smell and whatever, and then she could compost it in these big containers. I actually don't know what she ended up using the compost for - just the lawn, maybe?

But if you REALLY want to compost EVERYTHING ;)
I found this helpful a few months ago when I caught it.

Seems somewhat popular in the sailing and RVing community. And tinyhouse community. (Also low-key mad props to their YouTube channel... nice content and adventures and positivity)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If Matt Damon can do it on Mars, no reason to not grow potatoes on earth with your own feces. :D
Spoilers! Some of us haven't seen the movie yet, and I feel like you gave away most of the pot. I mean plot.

Edit: Also, I'd like to see people's reactions if you have friends/family over for a picnic or get-together and you told them exactly how you made the potato salad. :eek:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Spoilers! Some of us haven't seen the movie yet, and I feel like you gave away most of the pot. I mean plot.

Edit: Also, I'd like to see people's reactions if you have friends/family over for a picnic or get-together and you told them exactly how you made the potato salad. :eek:

There’s a lot more to that movie than poop and potatoes. There’s also disco. And lots of rocks.

The book is better.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
My baby sister's ongoing divorce, which has always been kinda squidgey, just got shady AF this morning. I wish I could say that I'm surprised....

I misjudged and put my Panera pick up time as 12:30 but I got here at noon. And it’s not ready, obviously, but I checked again at 12:15 and it’s still not there so I’m sitting in the truck with my dog running the AC and waiting. Hrmph.

Reactions: 1 user
You know, it's one of the super rare cases where I actually preferred the movie to the book. I thought they did a really good job on adaptation.

Agreed. One or the best book-to-movie adaptations in a while. I like the book and movie pretty evenly.

Reactions: 1 user
@Elkhart please don’t feel worthless. Anxiety and depression are horrible. It’ll make you feel like you’re the lowest of the low, even if you actually have everything going for you. I know you’ve been through a lot of stuff that keeps coming up in your head and it’s hard to move forward. But we’re here for you. And don’t be afraid to get extra help if you feel you need it.

Happy birthday though! If it makes you feel any better, I checked myself into the hospital for mental health issues on my birthday last year, so I know how you feel all too well.

Reactions: 2 users
Things I had to do at work today:
  • Call a doctor who didn't provide a license number, NPI, or DEA number on a written prescription (at least one must be present on all prescriptions); he told me he never knew it was required (?!)
  • Explain (unsuccessfully) to a patient why we cannot transfer her husband's controlled substance prescription. It was a new prescription, which cannot be transferred unless it's picked up at least once. I couldn't get her to understand the difference between a new medication and a new prescription.
  • Told a patient on the phone that no, we will not be staying open an extra 15 minutes for one person to pick up their prescription. Got cursed out for it. She showed up 10 minutes to close and proceeded to bitch about the price (no insurance on file) because she "has a coupon," but could not understand that we cannot apply the coupon if you do not give it to us. Oh also it was a non-urgent medication that had been ready for a week.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So the dishwasher in my new place (one of the big signing factors for me) sucks and leaves most of my dishes just as dirty as I put them in. I investigated tonight and just spent the last 45 minutes attempting to unclog the water jet hole things of HAIR. It was as bad as unclogging a shower drain, there was so much hair and gunk and soaking wet lint, like someone was doing laundry in it.

I hate renting.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

At some point, you have to let go. I know it seems odd to say that, but really, just be happy with your accomplishments. If you had a falling out, stop following her.

Both accomplishments are something to be proud of. Neither is "better than" the other (except vets are always better than MDs).... ;) ;)

(Kidding, kidding)

But, really, your life becomes so much happier when you just let go of these types of things. There is no reason for you to follow her, be her friend, recognize what she is doing if you had a falling out and aren't friends anymore. I don't follow my best friend from elementary school anymore. We had a falling out just before high school started. Doesn't matter what she did/is doing, if she is happy, great, happy for her, but I really don't care anymore. Life moves on. We were growing apart but I failed to recognize it. It took a few years for the sting of that long friendship ending, but this happens all the time. We became different people and life moved forward. You just have to move forward.

Reactions: 4 users
@grebes4lyfe It sounds like you guys have a Rebecca Bunch and Audra Levine thing going on. But remember, Audra was miserable despite her success. Yea it’s a tv show, but as a fellow Jew I get the feuds that we tend to involve ourselves in regarding success. Just remember, you’re on your way to being very successful. She is too. But once you focus solely on your own success without also looking over your shoulder at her, you’ll stop caring as much. Try unfriending her or even just unfollowing her on social media (like how on Facebook you can unfollow without unfriending). You won’t see these things without looking for them. That’s been really helpful to me.

I had the exact same relationship with my college roommate. He was successful in a lot of endeavors, and then I started having success. We would sort of work to one up each other and then I forgot about him. Then I saw he got into a good journalism school and I was almost mad. Like, why did he deserve to have this success? Then I realized I was successful too, and I shouldn’t feel jealous or any ill will. It just takes away energy from my own happiness over my own accomplishments.

Reactions: 3 users
As a proud picky eater, all yall that ruin bread with cream cheese are heathens.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I’m going to give you guys a lesson in bagel etiquette: they’re best served cut in half, slightly toasted, with cream cheese, lox, and onion. Tomato if you’re one of those people who likes raw tomato. Everything bagels are the best way to go. Cinnamon raisin? Might as well be committing murder. Bagel murder.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
I’m going to give you guys a lesson in bagel etiquette: they’re best served cut in half, slightly toasted, with cream cheese, lox, and onion. Tomato if you’re one of those people who likes raw tomato. Everything bagels are the best way to go. Cinnamon raisin? Might as well be committing murder. Bagel murder.
You forgot the motherfecking capers!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Bagels are eaten without adulteration

• Sad
Capers are the devil and make everything worse with their presence.

• Angry
As a proud Jew from Joisey, how dare you
I'm telling ya man, everything bagel. Lightly toasted. Plain cream cheese. Little bit of salsa on top. I thought it sounded gross at first too, but became a true believer after I tried it.
Bagel fundamentalist. Sweet bagels are amazing and you'll take my chocolate chip bagels and strawberry cream cheese from my cold dead hands