Caiter92

Definitely not a cucumber with anxiety
2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2015
Status
Veterinary Student
We have already shown that the National Chili Association confirms that chili does NOT have beans. So the experts agree with me.
It’s okay, the first step is denial

Caiter92

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2015
Status
Veterinary Student
Yes, yes, the truth can hurt.....

Is a movie quote. I am disappoint you didn't continue it.
The only thing I can think of with a similar quote is the Lion King, but that’s not the quote. So if you care to share with the class which movie it is ... :p

Reactions: kcoughli

vetmedhead

I hope my heart goes first!
2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status
Veterinary Student

Caiter92

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2015
Status
Veterinary Student
Well when you decide to show me the error of my ways, let me know ;)

Though I’m fairly convinced you misquoted the lion king :p

Last edited:

Stroganoff

Never give up.
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
  • Haha
Reactions: Trilt

Stroganoff

Never give up.
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003

DVMDream

DVMNightmare
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
The Dragon School
Status
Veterinarian
Well when you decide to show me the error of my ways, let me know ;)

Though I’m fairly convinced you misquoted the lion king :p
It is from the Lion King, it isn't a misquote.... I'm only referring to the one sentence being from the movie not my entire post. Holy crap. :slap::bang::1poop:

Caiter92

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2015
Status
Veterinary Student
It is from the Lion King, it isn't a misquote.... I'm only referring to the one sentence being from the movie not my entire post. Holy crap. :slap::bang::1poop:
i mean, in the movie it's "oh yes, the past can hurt." Hence why I didn't think you were referring to it :p

Caiter92

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2015
Status
Veterinary Student
I just checked the script because I have nothing better to do while sitting in the airport praying to get on a flight. Caiter’s right, it is ‘Oh, yes, the past can hurt.’:angelic:
The lion king is my favorite disney movie :p I ruined many a vhs rewatching it constantly haha

Reactions: SkiOtter

SkiOtter

c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
i mean, in the movie it's "oh yes, the past can hurt." Hence why I didn't think you were referring to it :p
I just checked the script because I have nothing better to do while sitting in the airport praying to get on a flight. Caiter’s right, it is ‘Oh, yes, the past can hurt.’:angelic:
:kiss: :angelic:

DVMDream

DVMNightmare
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
The Dragon School
Status
Veterinarian
I realize it wasn't verbatim, still disappoint no one caught on to the similarity and took off with it.

SkiOtter

c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
I realize it wasn't verbatim, still disappoint no one caught on to the similarity and took off with it.
But.....it wasn’t even similar to the quote at all.... truth and past are not the same.

SkiOtter

c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
Google what I typed..... the first few results are that Lion King movie quote
Yeah.... but you said it was a movie QUOTE. It is not. It may be a REFERENCE to a movie, but it is not a quote.

SkiOtter

c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
A quote literally means verbatim. It’s not a quote. Which you insisted multiple times.

kcoughli

Lab Animal Resident
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2013
Chicago, IL
Status
Veterinarian
One of my lab techs likes an asiago bagel with strawberry cream cheese for the savory/sweet combo. I am fine with both savory and sweet bagels but not together, lol.

I do not like yogurt.
I also do not like yogurt.

Late to this party but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Love me some poptart sandwiches.

capri1722

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 14, 2017
Status
Pharmacy Student
Does a pop tart sandwich use both pop tarts from the package as the bread and put a second filling in between the two pop tarts
No no, the pop tart IS the sandwich. Fruity filling surrounded by two layers of vaguely bready stuff. It's a sandwich (allegedly).

kcoughli

Lab Animal Resident
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2013
Chicago, IL
Status
Veterinarian
Does a pop tart sandwich use both pop tarts from the package as the bread and put a second filling in between the two pop tarts
No no, the pop tart IS the sandwich. Fruity filling surrounded by two layers of vaguely bready stuff. It's a sandwich (allegedly).
Both of these options sound delicious to me. I should probably put this in the Cooking thread, seems right up my alley

SkiOtter

c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
Yes but that is a pop tart. That is not a pop tart sandwich. A pop tart sandwich is a double sandwich

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unlynchable Wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
The second filling is yogurt

batsenecal

U of I c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2013
Perpetual state of disarray
Status
Veterinary Student
@BH44 you did everything right. You've tried discussing with her in the past that this isn't okay. Yall have own the property for 8 years. Her excuse of "things are a certain way and you just have to get used to it" is immature and childish and only working cause of your location. That would never fly in suburbia or the city.

You've gotta do what you've gotta do to protect your property and your dog. She has no respect for you and your stuff.

ajs513

PennVet c/o 2023
Feb 15, 2018
Philadelphia
Status
Pre-Veterinary
@BH44 I have a similar neighbor at work. Except this neighbor is an entitled rich suburban mom who feels she can crap all over us for existing next to her while also demanding things from us. There’s no good way around neighbors like these. They’ll say no to all of your small demands and then get mad at you for saying no to something huge. You can try being nice, but it’ll go unnoticed. You can try being blunt, but they’ll take it is you being a bad person. There’s nothing you can do to change her behavior. The only thing you have control over is how you react to her or how you interact with her. Whether that means shoving her off, or “yes ma’am-ing” her, telling her you won’t put up with her crap anymore, that’s all up to you. You’ll figure out which one will get you the most of what you want, but you’ll never get everything that you want from her.

Reactions: Coopah and BH44
Dec 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Thanks guys. I did tell her that the next time the dog comes on our property that I would be taking it to the humane society and she would have to pay to get it back. I hope it doesn't come down to that, but I will do it if that's the only way to get it through to her that it is not ok. I just want my dog to be able to feel safe in his own yard! Ugh!

DVMDream

DVMNightmare
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
The Dragon School
Status
Veterinarian
Some people need to learn the hard way..... call animal control next time the dog is on your property. Let them fine her up her ass. I find most people that let their dogs wander like that also provide little to no vet care, so she'll likely not have the dog rabies vaccinated either. Which will be another good fine.

She may think it will be your fault, but it won't be. Put up a camera on your property so you can have recording of her dog coming onto your property should you not be able to stop a bad interaction with her loose dog and your dog.

At least these are the easier things to do until you can get a fence put in and not have to worry about it.

Dec 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Some people need to learn the hard way..... call animal control next time the dog is on your property. Let them fine her up her ass. I find most people that let their dogs wander like that also provide little to no vet care, so she'll likely not have the dog rabies vaccinated either. Which will be another good fine.

She may think it will be your fault, but it won't be. Put up a camera on your property so you can have recording of her dog coming onto your property should you not be able to stop a bad interaction with her loose dog and your dog.

At least these are the easier things to do until you can get a fence put in and not have to worry about it.
Unfortunately since there is no leash law Animal Control can't do anything unless a person or livestock has been bitten.
We do have a game camera that we can put up. And we have lots of texts on our phones from the past telling her the dog is here and to come get it.
Thanks for the advice!!

DVMDream

DVMNightmare
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
The Dragon School
Status
Veterinarian
Unfortunately since there is no leash law Animal Control can't do anything unless a person or livestock has been bitten.
We do have a game camera that we can put up. And we have lots of texts on our phones from the past telling her the dog is here and to come get it.
Thanks for the advice!!
Look into the laws, there may not be a leash law but there's likely a keep control of your property law and dogs are property. There's also the chance their dog on your property could fall into certain trespassing laws depending on how the laws are written.

JaynaAli

Need it STAT or want it STAT? They're different.
5+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2013
Status
Veterinarian
Like DVMD said, there may not be a leash law but check into local laws for other things. If it’s an outdoor dog (particularly a livestock guardian dog) it may fall under livestock codes or other property rules. Some places are fence-in (meaning in some places it’s on the owner of the animal to fence them in) and some are fence-out (places it’s the responsibility of the neighbor to fence their own area if they want “free range” livestock off their property).

Dec 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Thank you all! I will definitely look into the laws in more detail. Fingers crossed I can find something that helps! :)

Reactions: Coopah

vetmedhead

I hope my heart goes first!
2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status
Veterinary Student

Was gonna say, we get fools like this at work all the time and they really don't learn until they have to pay several times to get their animal back (plus current on rabies & microchipped).

You may also want to look into whether any roaming laws apply in your area @BH44 , they are slightly different from leash laws and dogs can get picked up for not being properly contained on a property (and therefore allowed to roam). The laws are likely much more forgiving of this type of behavior in rural areas, though (which it sounds like you are in). However, regulations about nuisance animals, animals that attack other animals, and (obviously) animals that attack people also exist, so keep that in mind as well. It might be helpful to contact animal control again and ask whether they have copies of relevant laws to share with you or suggestions about how to navigate this situation in an amenable way.

I will also caution you to keep a good eye on your dog around this neighbor - I have seen some situations like this escalate in unfortunate ways in the past because the neighbor feels it's their job to retaliate instead of managing their own dogs.