RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wikipedia says a hot dog is a sandwich and I feel so betrayed.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's meat between two portions of bread, ergo, sandwich?

I don't actually believe it is one, but I've seen it argued on the internet.
Wikipedia says a hot dog is a sandwich and I feel so betrayed.
But the National Hot Dog And Sausage Council says it’s not soooo
I’m trusting the experts on this one.

But the National Hot Dog And Sausage Council says it’s not soooo
I’m trusting the experts on this one.
I feel like America having a hot dog council just really shows our priorities :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
My bar for sandwiches is whether it fits the original needs of the Earl of Sandwich, who requested sandwiches be created for the purpose of being easy and more convenient to eat with one hand while he gambled and drank. I think a hotdog meets that bar and therefore would feel comfortable with a sandwich designation. Sandwich is a broad designation anyway (cubanos, Philly cheese steaks, french dips, lobster rolls - all sandwiches that are nothing alike).

Of course the hotdog and sausage council would naturally disagree. They don't want to be a subcommittee of the sandwich council! ;)

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
My bar for sandwiches is whether it fits the original needs of the Earl of Sandwich, who requested sandwiches be created for the purpose of being easy and more convenient to eat with one hand while he gambled and drank. I think a hotdog meets that bar and therefore would feel comfortable with a sandwich designation. Sandwich is a broad designation anyway (cubanos, Philly cheese steaks, french dips, lobster rolls - all sandwiches that are nothing alike).

Of course the hotdog and sausage council would naturally disagree. They don't want to be a subcommittee of the sandwich council! ;)
Get out

Reactions: 1 users
Savory bagels for lyfe, if I want sweet I'll eat a damn donut.
But what if you want sweet, but not *that* sweet?

I love a blueberry bagel. Or french toast bagel. Sometimes the cinnamon ones that Panera has but most of the time that's too sweet for me in the morning. Real good with some vanilla yogurt though.

Did I mention sweet bagels go great with vanilla yogurt?

Also used to put it on waffles. Om nom nom.

Reactions: 2 users
One of my lab techs likes an asiago bagel with strawberry cream cheese for the savory/sweet combo. I am fine with both savory and sweet bagels but not together, lol.

I do not like yogurt.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
But the real question is always..... do you put beans in chili?
Two types. IIRC I shared a photo in the what are you cooking thread a while back to prove it lol

Savoury bagels. Cream cheese, preferably garlic or jalapeno. Or a proper lox bagel as described earlier.

Reactions: 1 user
Never said I was agreeing, just that bread doesn’t have to be bready
Let’s be real, banana bread and zucchini and pumpkin and the lot are just cake that people call bread to feel better about themselves eating it

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users