Really Stupid Question about VMCAS Deadline

Started by Rebeki
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rebeki

Wisconsin SVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VMCAS says the deadline is October 1st at midnight ET. Does that mean Monday night or Sunday night?

The reason I ask is because the veterinarian who has agreed to do an LOR for me still has not done it and is now going to be gone all week at a convention!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously going to get an ulcer from this person.
 
It's midnight on the 1st, so Monday. Last year you could submit your application before all letters were in. I also had a recommendation that wasn't filed until the day of and I had let him know in June! Apparently they can also file a day or so late and it don't matter--as long as you have your part in you should be set.

Good luck and relax!
 
Whew! That's what I thought, but all of a sudden I thought that maybe they meant midnight on Sunday night.

I've already submitted my application and this is the last LOR I'm waiting for.