Rearview Mirror: Match Day 2008 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
formal/informal, details? Obviously, I don't want to study here....(typing up notes, so I guess that kind of counts)

Members don't see this ad.

ordered the cake for my match party. told them i'd call tomorrow at 10am to let them know what to write on the top. :D

ordered the cake for my match party. told them i'd call tomorrow at 10am to let them know what to write on the top. :D

Are you doing the personal party thing? Assuming you are since you are DO and assuming the school isn't doing anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you doing the personal party thing? Assuming you are since you are DO and assuming the school isn't doing anything.

yeah, its gonna be mostly my non-med friends and family, but there's a few people from school coming. our class is also having a match get-together tomorrow in pasadena.

our school doesn't do anything formal because usually like 60% go for ACGME residencies, but they did offer scramble assistance for both matches which was cool of them.

THE NIGHT BEFORE MATCH DAY
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']

'Twas the night before Match Day, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The ROL were submitted by the computer with care,
but that was months ago and these few hours were almost more than we could bear;

The MS4 were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of post match day parties danced in their heads;
Did that school really want me or am I a sap,
Kept swirling in my head as I settled in for a nap,
I know that I matched does the rest really matter,
I thought to myself-if I don't get some sleep I'll drive myself mad as a hatter.

but that was months ago and these few hours were almost more than we could bear;

I thought to myself-if I don’t get some sleep I’ll drive myself mad as a hatter.

very nice. you must actually use your creative part of your brain.

I can't sleep.

I've resorted to going through my phone book and writing out, in numerical order, who I will call immediately after I get the news...

Is it bad that my Realtor is #5 and my grandmother is #7?

I can't sleep.

I've resorted to going through my phone book and writing out, in numerical order, who I will call immediately after I get the news...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh wow....that is some desperation. You should see if there is some lecture to listen to. I'm sure you'd be asleep in no time if you tried to pay attention to it.

Can't sleep either. Been watching american idol clips on youtube for the past hour. I hate american idol....

Was on the phone with the bf earlier and he commented at one point I was stalling so that I didn't have to study. I then told him I actually was working on something at the time, and his response was "you ******* EM people" hahahaha...yes...I can multitask without him knowing until I tell him. Mission accomplished.

I can't sleep.

I'm just doing a group text, so no one will before anyone else. And then individual phone calls to important peeps.

very nice. you must actually use your creative part of your brain.

Only when trying to waste time or avoid studying.:D I am very creative at avoiding studying.

Btw, the PMs didn't give you permission to stop padding it up here...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just take a controlled release ambien, which I have just done and my eyes will not....stop....closing

Just take a controlled release ambien, which I have just done and my eyes will not....stop....closing

nah, take two regular ambiens and break them in half so they come on quicker. or snort them.

um, sike! not a druggie, although i did once snort kool-aid in junior high. it is wayyy overrated.

nah, take two regular ambiens and break them in half so they come on quicker. or snort them.

um, sike! not a druggie, although i did once snort kool-aid in junior high. it is wayyy overrated.

Snorting kook-aid? Why? Was everyone else doing it?

the nerd trend started early for me.

Of course, my classmates were more into the "see if I can get you to pass out in the bathroom" thing, and I had a feeling it wasn't healthy.

That and drinking (more in 8th grade than 7th)...and I'm not talking kool-aid. I was proud of myself for waiting for high school for that.

That and drinking (more in 8th grade than 7th)...and I'm not talking kool-aid. I was proud of myself for waiting for high school for that.

Eek-I was a sheltered 8th grader. Heck I as sheltered in high school too.

Eek-I was a sheltered 8th grader. Heck I as sheltered in high school too.

People seem to find ways to entertain themselves when there is nothing to do for miles (at least a 30 min drive for those that were old enough).

I need to go to sleep soon....argghhh. Couldn't stay awake earlier, now can't fall asleep.

Insomniac pad.

:mad:

I'm with you. And I'm not even worried about tomorrow. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Perhaps a little lullaby might help?

From Weird Nursing Tales, once again courtesy of WhiteCoat.

Slow down, stand too fast.
You have got to stay bedfast
I don’t want you breakin’ bones.
Lookin’ run down and feelin’ woozy

Ba da, Ba da, Ba da, Ba da...
Feelin' woozy

Hello sweetheart
Where ya goin’?
Don’t you know you’re rear end’s showin’?
Get back to bed for me
Doot-in' doo-doo,

Feelin' woozy.

Ba da, Ba da, Ba da, Ba da…
Feelin' woozy.

You’ve took all your meds
No reasons to speak.
You’re confused and drowsy and ready to sleep
Don’t try to stand up ‘cause you’re baffled and weak
You’re gonna fall down

Always woozy

Ba da, Ba da, Ba da, Ba da…
Feelin' woozy.

:laugh:

I like the mass text idea. 3 hours and 31 minutes!

What is the ceremony for you like?

we show up a quarter to noon, and then it starts at noon. This is all they really told us, but according to a news clip from last year, our dean of student affairs will speak, then we will be called up to get our envelopes. The ceremony is followed by lunch and champagne. :)

I thought to myself-if I don’t get some sleep I’ll drive myself mad as a hatter.

:laugh::thumbup::thumbup: Excellent!

I slept not too badly last night.

Ours is similar to that, but I don't think anyone addresses us after 12 noon. They let us gather at 11:30 in the lobby near the mailboxes (I'm not showing up until quarter of, I'm already anxious being surrounded by other anxious people could lead to spontaneous combustion) then we attack the mailboxes at noon. There's a luncheon shortly after where we all announce individually at a podium where we are going. There will be drinking at the luncheon. We then have a celebration dinner from 8 til sometime where there will be drinking and then an after party where there will be more drinking. There will be some hung over MS4s on good friday.

Yeah, not sure how long after noon I'll get my results, but at that point it won't matter anymore, we'll be so close! :)

I've been so karma careful. I was getting off the bus and saw a piece of gum wrapper on the floor near where I had been sitting. Wasn't sure whether I'd dropped it, but I doubled back to pick it up. :)

yup, so soon I can taste it. Since I have no class today I will do an hour long pilates video and take forever getting ready after that.

I've been so karma careful. I was getting off the bus and saw a piece of gum wrapper on the floor near where I had been sitting. Wasn't sure whether I'd dropped it, but I doubled back to pick it up. :)

One can never be too careful when it comes to karma.

and, obviously, post-pad :D

hmm, should I eat breakfast or fast?

not sure I want any food :barf:

everyone is soooooo sure I'll get my #1, cause I "always" get whatever I want. I try to tell them the match is different, but not sure they get it.

I am just blessed to have found 9 programs that could make me extremely happy, and 3 that could put me on cloud 9 :love:

I haven't really though about the order in which I'll call people. My first instinct is, of course, my mom, but I should probably call hubby first :p

mom and dad will spread the results through the family like wildfire, leaving me to call my friends and my future PD

everyone is soooooo sure I'll get my #1, cause I "always" get whatever I want. I try to tell them the match is different, but not sure they get it.

My family and friends are the same way with me.

so funny that I'm more worried about them being let down than me being let down :p

Me too. I really think I'd be happy at anywhere on my list. I just don't wanna let them down.

Ugh!!! Soon I wil know.

Need to find something to wear for pictures with class. Ugh!! I think I'll be made fun of if I show up in scrubs.

Me too. I really think I'd be happy at anywhere on my list. I just don't wanna let them down.

Ugh!!! Soon I wil know.

Need to find something to wear for pictures with class. Ugh!! I think I'll be made fun of if I show up in scrubs.

:smuggrin: The though crossed my mind. I guess I will have to get ready soon so I can look cute today :)

must...do...pilates workout...today

Status
Not open for further replies.