Rearview Mirror: Match Day 2008 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY!!! I can't wait to be a resident! I feel like this is too good to be true, like it's a dream!!! :love:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABWyXKT5qt4[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad.

must...do...pilates workout...today

Must go to gym at some point in future. Have not been in 3d. Normally go 6-7d a week. No gym + match day celebration will very quickly = not even fitting into my scrubs.

I had a weird dream last night that I got in a wreck on the way to the Match day stuff. I woke up intubated in the STICU with my match day envelope on a table and I couldn't get it. Too much time in STICU.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a weird dream last night that I got in a wreck on the way to the Match day stuff. I woke up intubated in the STICU with my match day envelope on a table and I couldn't get it. Too much time in STICU.

:laugh:

18 minutes left.....

I tried to forcefeed myself lunch, but it was tough.....

called in sick for the first time ever. not because of match day, but because i've got food poisoning.

almost passed out a few minutes ago (pale, tachy, sweating, wow those patients aren't faking after all!), but still...gotta...check. i've got gatorade and a hard candy pressed up against my cheek, so hopefully i won't pass out when i found out.

6 minutes...

3 minutes

- R

Oh dear that is sick. Sick, sick, sick.

I bet I'll have similar dreams next year.

Saw our match list. Pretty good, but only looked at it for a few mins before moving to let others see!

Still in shock....so happy!!! Am I dreaming? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my #1. Still in complete shock.... All those years of work to get here, all the ups and downs. Wow, all I can say is wow. I have wanted to do EM at MCV since I was an undergrad...... Wow.

I hope everyone is having as good a day as I am.

Cheers all!

E- :hardy:

No, I am a DO student in Pikeville, KY. I grew up just outside of Richmond and have wanted to get "home" for a long time.

Cheers!
E-

Strong work :thumbup:

Perfect example of hardwork and dedication paying off!

H24G...this means you will never get to meet me. But I'm sure me, socute, and sleepy will have a great time!

What an awesome day!! I can't wait to not be a med student anymore. Although in many ways being an intern may be part of a step back from senior med student.

What an awesome day!! I can't wait to not be a med student anymore. Although in many ways being an intern may be part of a step back from senior med student.

I don't care. Work my butt off, but don't make me wake my resident up in the middle of the night anymore to verify my colace order! :D

getting antsy. I called and left a message with the program coordinator (who was very nice), but no contact yet from anyone. What if they regret matching me? :scared:

getting antsy. I called and left a message with the program coordinator (who was very nice), but no contact yet from anyone. What if they regret matching me? :scared:

Repeat after me:
The match is over. I have no more matchitis. The match is over. I have no more matchitis.

It's true that after a while the sickness becomes a crutch and is hard to let go of :p

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath.

Breath in and out and repeat-that's pretty much what I'll be telling myself on the first day of residency. It's exciting, but scary.

Did Rockford really change his name?

It reflects where he is going and doing.

Got a massive headache. Going to lay down for a while and see if it goes away. If not, then I'll take meds.

Glad to see hyperbaric posted in the class of 2009..esp since I PMed him hoping he was doing okay with the match this year ;)

No worries. It never hurts to be wished good luck early on!

spent my match day in the ED..as a patient. the doc was cool and very happy for me. now i got my reglan and popcicles and will be spending tonight trying not to :barf:

and...congrats to everyone! sounds like we all did very well for ourselves.

spent my match day in the ED..as a patient. the doc was cool and very happy for me. now i got my reglan and popcicles and will be spending tonight trying not to :barf:

Did you at least get to meet your future boss?

I think I gave someone the flu. I make a great carrier. Unless they got the symptoms before me....

:laugh:, I mean :(

Status
Not open for further replies.