Rearview Mirror: Match Day 2008 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey EM2BE, any particular osteopathic programs you want info on (saw your comment in the review thread)? I could provide a little info on ones I saw on the trail.

Awesome! Right now, looks like I may end up on the east coast. Did you interview at any of those places? (or hear about any of them)

Members don't see this ad.

I also had this weird, soap opera-like moment where I started listening to a song and had all these flashbacks of my #1. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally made it back here so I can start padding, which as someone pointed out is quite natural for a coug. However, my wife doesn't like the droppings I leave around.

padding is fun

fun for everyone

you have to wait 20 seconds between posts, that can totally cramp your style.

have to .....................type...................slower

okay, finally getting the hang of this

I think I will break 50 tonight!

of course you guys seem to pad with a little bit of purpose.

Members don't see this ad :)
like a conversation

but that only works if more than one person is on here at a time

4 more and I give up

its actually a little stressful trying to think of things to pad about

pad is my favorite new verb

"what did you do today?"
"Oh just spent the whole day padding."

Don't pad with me, I wasn't born yesterday!

Its like when you replace the word love with the word rub in any song, it works pretty good, just try it with a few songs you know.

Dave Mathews,
"Rubber lay down"

Whitney Houston
"I will always rub you"

Elvis
Rub me tender

LL cool Jay
I need rub

Peter Frampton
Baby I rub your way

Donna Summer
Rub to rub you baby

Luther Vandross
Stop to Rub

Air supply
all out of rub

Bonnie Rait
I can't make you rub me

Celine Dion
Because you rubbed me

The Beattles
Words of Rub

okay that's it for me tonight, its been good padding with you.

I can't really top those last pads.

Dave Mathews,
"Rubber lay down"

Whitney Houston
"I will always rub you"

Elvis
Rub me tender

LL cool Jay
I need rub

Peter Frampton
Baby I rub your way

Donna Summer
Rub to rub you baby

Luther Vandross
Stop to Rub

Air supply
all out of rub

Bonnie Rait
I can't make you rub me

Celine Dion
Because you rubbed me

The Beattles
Words of Rub

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :love::love:

Less than one week. My machitis is acting up.

I'm not sure if I'm happy or not that my current elective is pretty demanding. At least is keeps my mind off the match for some of the day.:D That and there are procedures. :D:D:D

I'm not sure if I'm happy or not that my current elective is pretty demanding. At least is keeps my mind off the match for some of the day.:D That and there are procedures. :D:D:D

Which are you doing?

Sugical/Trauma ICU. STICU. Rounding lasts forever, but the procedures are bountiful.

Dave Mathews,
"Rubber lay down"

Whitney Houston
"I will always rub you"

Elvis
Rub me tender

LL cool Jay
I need rub

Peter Frampton
Baby I rub your way

Donna Summer
Rub to rub you baby

Luther Vandross
Stop to Rub

Air supply
all out of rub

Bonnie Rait
I can't make you rub me

Celine Dion
Because you rubbed me

The Beattles
Words of Rub

:laugh: I like your taste in music, too! :thumbup:

Sounds like a rough one. Surprised you have time to pad.

Well, forever might be a bit of an overstatement. :D This is addictive, though.

I LOVED my SICU rotation!!!
I love it after the rounding. We have found that if we move all the chairs out of the area and the attending can't sit down, rounding is considerably shorter.

haha..you sound like you have my motivation.

Yeah, I'm gonna get my *** kicked by all the inborn errors of metabolism...never learned them for our first exam...

woo hoo, going camping in death valley for the death weekend. gonna be drunkedy drunk all weekend long.

also starting new rotation on monday, and have to see patients starting at 8am!

thank jebus i'm on the west coast or i'd go crazy trying to concentrate for 4 hours before getting the golden e-mail.

Yeah, I'm gonna get my *** kicked by all the inborn errors of metabolism...never learned them for our first exam...

haha...never learned them for my first, second or third exams that had them on them. You aren't the only one...

:laugh:

I had a dream that Clinton dropped out of the race - not exactly match related but it's a nice way to keep distracted :D

that would be the 2nd best dream ever.

also starting new rotation on monday, and have to see patients starting at 8am!

thank jebus i'm on the west coast or i'd go crazy trying to concentrate for 4 hours before getting the golden e-mail.

:confused: What time do you get yours there then?

that would be the 2nd best dream ever.

totally missed the original post. Obsession with the match and politics is just hilarious (that they are at the same level to dream about them both).

Awesome! Right now, looks like I may end up on the east coast. Did you interview at any of those places? (or hear about any of them)
The only place toward the east coast I interviewed was Lehigh Valley. Very impressive program, any "toys" you could want you'll have access to. They had their visit for dual accreditation (didn't hear later if they got it or not, I'd imagine if they didn't they will next year). Only saw the Muhlenberg campus, decent/nice community ED. Drove by Cedar Crest (level I trauma center) which was impressive from the outside. Would be a really quality place to train. The residents I talked to seemed pretty happy. The area seemed nice, although downtown Allentown isn't the most beautiful place in the world. Historic Bethlehem was very cool to walk around. Had a great meal at a cool Italian place there...can't remember the name of it.

My "gut feel" was that it wasn't the place for me (certainly not for lack of quality training). FWIW, a friend who rotated there said in his experience (that's my disclaimer for those who'd disagree) that they were pretty intense.

Dunno if that'll help, but hope so. I didn't rotate there, so my thoughts are based on a quick in and out interview experience. Surely you'll be able to get more info in the fall from a few of the others on the board who matched there this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.