This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dily

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm curious about what you guys thinking about reneging an offer for lab tech at Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital (I have signed an offer letter)?

I recently received a new offer to join a lab that started recently, that is also very small, but with research I am very passionate in. Whereas at MSK, I had accepted an offer as a lab tech for a core facility (not doing independent research, they mostly process samples). What do you guys think in regards to reneging an offer or which offer is better?

So my first question is , which lab is better? Core facility that is better established but mostly running samples, or small lab that is newly started. And 2nd is it worth it to reneg on an offer?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What do you mean by reneging an offer? Have you already accepted the offer verbally, or signed any contracts? Or were you just given the offer and told them you would think about it?

Labs have people turn down offers all the time and they almost certainly have a line of people to give an offer to if you decline it. However, it gets trickier if you've actually signed an offer letter.

Reactions: 1 users
What do you mean by reneging an offer? Have you already accepted the offer verbally, or signed any contracts? Or were you just given the offer and told them you would think about it?

Labs have people turn down offers all the time and they almost certainly have a line of people to give an offer to if you decline it. However, it gets trickier if you've actually signed an offer letter.

I have signed an offer letter !

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm curious about what you guys thinking about reneging an offer for lab tech at Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital (I have signed an offer letter)?

I recently received a new offer to join a lab that started recently, that is also very small, but with research I am very passionate in. Whereas at MSK, I had accepted an offer as a lab tech for a core facility (not doing independent research, they mostly process samples). What do you guys think in regards to reneging an offer or which offer is better?

So my first question is , which lab is better? Core facility that is better established but mostly running samples, or small lab that is newly started. And 2nd is it worth it to reneg on an offer?
So your word means nothing?

Reactions: 1 user
Someone's words are usually worth more than the difference in opportunity. Do what you want, but keep in mind that once you sign a commitment you are taking responsibility as an adult.

Reactions: 1 user
Someone's words are usually worth more than the difference in opportunity. Do what you want, but keep in mind that once you sign a commitment you are taking responsibility as an adult.

I completely agree. But other than the ethical and moral considerations, are there practical considerations such as being black listed or burning a bridge with memorial sloan?