briggsinator2

2+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Just took the 2009 ADA DAT, and thought I absolutely KILLED it... Was very surprised by my scores (other than bio/PAT, that is):

GC 21, OC 20, RC 21, QR 19, PAT 23, BIO 28
TS 22, AA 21.8

I thought the math on the 2009 ADA DAT was absolutely terrible... Thought I would get a 16 lol. Felt pretty lucky I didn't miss one or two more questions at least, to tell you the truth. Definitely harder than anything I saw on bootcamp, or maybe even some of MATH destroyer. The GC and OC scores also worry me a bit, because those could just as easily have been a bit lower had I missed another question or two, and I definitely don't want any scores in the 'teens on the actual dat.

Overall, should I reschedule? My dat is currently in two days, and I honestly feel like there is nothing else I can study (went through bootcamp twice, destroyer 3 times, along with chad's videos/quizzes and crack dat). But I'm also very disappointed in my scores, orgo, gchem, and math particularly. What do you think I should do?

Thank you so much for your advice!!!!!

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Just took the 2009 ADA DAT, and thought I absolutely KILLED it... Was very surprised by my scores (other than bio/PAT, that is):

GC 21, OC 20, RC 21, QR 19, PAT 23, BIO 28
TS 22, AA 21.8

I thought the math on the 2009 ADA DAT was absolutely terrible... Thought I would get a 16 lol. Felt pretty lucky I didn't miss one or two more questions at least, to tell you the truth. Definitely harder than anything I saw on bootcamp, or maybe even some of MATH destroyer. The GC and OC scores also worry me a bit, because those could just as easily have been a bit lower had I missed another question or two, and I definitely don't want any scores in the 'teens on the actual dat.

Overall, should I reschedule? My dat is currently in two days, and I honestly feel like there is nothing else I can study (went through bootcamp twice, destroyer 3 times, along with chad's videos/quizzes and crack dat). But I'm also very disappointed in my scores, orgo, gchem, and math particularly. What do you think I should do?

Thank you so much for your advice!!!!!
Review your mistakes on the 2009, did you make careless mistakes? If after reviewing, you still question if you are ready, it's always best to go with your inner voice. Only you know when you are ready. If you feel like a little more time would make a difference it's best to weigh on the side of caution and reschedule. Did you do all the Math Destroyer?

Nancy

OP
briggsinator2

briggsinator2

2+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Review your mistakes on the 2009, did you make careless mistakes? If after reviewing, you still question if you are ready, it's always best to go with your inner voice. Only you know when you are ready. If you feel like a little more time would make a difference it's best to weigh on the side of caution and reschedule. Did you do all the Math Destroyer?

Nancy
I did! I actually ran through it twice, and did Bootcamp math twice as well. That's partially why I was surprised by the score! Thanks for the advice, though!

Reactions: orgoman22

JLT223

Dental Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Why are you upset with a 22 AA? Am I missing something?

Reactions: orgoman22

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I think you should go kill that exam! 22AA is ~95th percentile. I get you want to get a higher score but as you said there's not much more for you to study and your scores are pretty good as is :)