Reverse WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone want to play a speed game on mu right now?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Official Day 2 Cotton Candy Tally
dubz (1) - cubs
genny (3) - dubz, miz, Nav
MsP (4) - SAR, grebes, pippy, FTF
Barks (1) - dolphin
allie (2) - genny, acan
mpm () -

11/17
lynch close in ~18.5hrs
alDiVku.gif

Had some quotes I forgot to comment on directly
**** if i know
Non-answer noted

I would rather be deciding who dies at the end :)
You also do realize that every single person has the same goal this game, to die. I have a contrary goal, to help decide who dies every Lynch.
This move is village but I hate the tone. Which is probably the goal. Why do you think you should be the one to help decide every lynch? Or have you still just not made it to endgame yet and you want to see how fun it is?

am pretty sure the game is already over, due to a MJ f up, so I am just having as much fun with people at this point as possible
Do you think mods would have continued the game if MJ's move was game breaking?

I think he did try that at first, but a half dozen people, including you, were eyeing that with some hefty skepticism.
I thought the first thing he tried was to get lynched the first day lol

This feels like an "us villagers" comment
:shrug: and I'm sure if I had said "he" or "the village" instead of what came naturally you would have latched onto that instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
Had some quotes I forgot to comment on directly

Non-answer noted

This move is village but I hate the tone. Which is probably the goal. Why do you think you should be the one to help decide every lynch? Or have you still just not made it to endgame yet and you want to see how fun it is?

Do you think mods would have continued the game if MJ's move was game breaking?

I thought the first thing he tried was to get lynched the first day lol

:shrug: and I'm sure if I had said "he" or "the village" instead of what came naturally you would have latched onto that instead.

I mean MJ is pretending he is F’ing with us, and it wouldn’t be out or character. With that said, it was a major mess up, but the problem with this game is one wolf messing up ends the game entirely.

With respect to your earlier comment, if I played this as a village acting villagery, I get night killed. So my option was go for the death day 1, which yall didn’t like, or play the long term, moderate sketch game to get to the end, at which point people can go back and look at the actions (despite the words behind them) to see if I am truly as sketchy as I want to come off as.

Or then again, I could just be a wolf playing the true reverse undercover game. That’s probably more likely tbh.

Also genny, you are likely being killed overnight tonight anyway. So I would rather kill genny by lynch, as they are my strongest village read, and let wolves sort out between MsP and cubs

I'm trying really hard to resist that very thing. Putting doubt in people's minds is not going to help the village win.

So far Genny I believe is a villager, but for the sake of her wanting to live a little longer I’m willing to wait on that lynch and trust who she’s lynching on. I would put barks, pip, genny, And msp in village lean.

Eh I feel like wolves are in a conundrum in this regard. I am saying enough sketchy things that it would be silly for them to kill me. At the same time, everyone else is skeptical enough of me that only one person has voted to lynch me. So it’s a game where I feel I can be more upfront with it, and what’s the worst thing that happens if my plan backfires? That wolves kill a sketchy villager. Oh no, say it’s not so!
100% get it. The sentiment is still maintained though. We just have had a lot of early check mate games, 3 of the past 6. I like me some nail biters. Not enough to forfeit an almost guaranteed win. But enough that I am mildly frustrated/saddened that a wolf didn’t bother understanding the rules prior to posting.

I don’t think I’ve played enough with you, the one game I did you did a similar weirdness and I ended up lynching a villager. But I get village from pip; after last game feel like I might know her play better? To trust her enough to follow in staying away from considering this for now, we can tackle the more sketch peeps later.

i think i get it. like... why would they kill a pretty confident village read? we could have just lynched coops today.
but also this might be too backwards for me to fully comprehend what im saying. i think it makes sense to me? i don't really know.

yes. the only way to chase vodka #ruski

Lynching the most obvious villager makes sense, just like it does in a normal game imo. They lynch the obvious ones and leave us with people we are less confident about and that can give them an advantage of possibly being lynched (vs. not being detected in a normal game).

No dummy*, I'm talking about you being village and being sketchy enough to make it to end game, but then the other remaining villagers lynching all the remaining wolves instead of you because you went all out without thinking it through to the end

Majority is in effect so it's even easier for people to blow it than it usually is.

*AM I'm saying this in a friendly, collegial way

If this happens it would just piss off most village. Is it not villages goal to HELP village. I get wanting to play longer and not dying sooner. But, it still doesn’t negate the fact that we still need to make sure we are helping village. Some of the comments Nav makes does not. But I can’t tell if it’s because he is just stubborn village or a crafty ww, either way. Still not okay lynching him today. I’d rather leave that for later with more posts/votes/interactions to go off of.

But that's the kicker -- I don't think I can get on board with that, because the other possibility is that he is a wolf and is trying to drive this survivalist message home as hard as possible so that people eventually read it as village and do exactly what you just said

And there are enough internal contradictions going on in what he's saying to make me feel like it's not only possible that's what's happening, it's likely

We can make the hard choices now, or make them at endgame, but they're going to happen eventually.

You seem increasingly interested in lynching sketchy people

Could be a village rip off the band-aid mentality. I don’t agree with it, but I think it could be her offering another view.. maybe?

I mean MJ is pretending he is F’ing with us, and it wouldn’t be out or character. With that said, it was a major mess up, but the problem with this game is one wolf messing up ends the game entirely.

With respect to your earlier comment, if I played this as a village acting villagery, I get night killed. So my option was go for the death day 1, which yall didn’t like, or play the long term, moderate sketch game to get to the end, at which point people can go back and look at the actions (despite the words behind them) to see if I am truly as sketchy as I want to come off as.

Or then again, I could just be a wolf playing the true reverse undercover game. That’s probably more likely tbh.

I do not like the confusion being placed in village here.

Edit: just saw that AM already answered this

A hammer is a vote that seals a majority lynch. Say there are 11 players. One player has 5 votes. A 6th person votes for them, which causes lynch to close because it is now at majority. That 6th person is the hammer vote.

Next Tuesday would be ideal, but next Thursday I am dropping the cat off in another state for a couple weeks and then I'm leaving the country, so definitely by then.

Reposting date info mainly as a reminder for myself so I don’t have to reread through a bunch of pages as we get further in.

Oh man, I may get my 5 posts earlier than anticipated! Realistically, I am telling y’all just to kill me since I want to game solve until end anyway, but not get penalized for disappearing for all of tomorrow and the next day

Goes from telling us to kill him to telling us not to/being sketch enough to not be killed. For village this wouldn’t make sense imo.

We still need to know at least one wolf. It won't do to just lynch the most village players.

We all have to admit that there are times when people we thought were village turned out to be wolves. Wolves have the advantage of knowing each other so they can greatly influence their own lynch. Hunting just villagers is not a great approach. We have to really question why each of us is voting for someone.

Some msp quotes. Has seemingly been actively ww/village hunting. I’m comfortable placing a vote here based on reads from her posts.

Lynch msp

Since genny wants to stick around and i'm willing to oblige, do any of my other current village reads want to be lynched today? @Ms Procrastinator @cubsrule4e

Starting lynch tracker now to help find more options
I honestly wanted to stick around too. I thought I was the only person in this game (aside from nav) who wasn't suicidal. I don't mind getting lynched if I have to tho.

Also genny, you are likely being killed overnight tonight anyway. So I would rather kill genny by lynch, as they are my strongest village read, and let wolves sort out between MsP and cubs
Wolves, please choose cubs tonight. I want to live!
giphy (5).gif

If this happens it would just piss off most village. Is it not villages goal to HELP village. I get wanting to play longer and not dying sooner. But, it still doesn’t negate the fact that we still need to make sure we are helping village. Some of the comments Nav makes does not. But I can’t tell if it’s because he is just stubborn village or a crafty ww, either way. Still not okay lynching him today. I’d rather leave that for later with more posts/votes/interactions to go off of.
I'm getting allll of the sketch from nav. And it is making me really antsy to not lynch him.

Could be a village rip off the band-aid mentality. I don’t agree with it, but I think it could be her offering another view.. maybe?
I also kinda get this. Like, if Nav is village and lives to end game, it's gonna be that much harder to discern between the actual woofs vs super sketchy villagers.

This entire game is making me very uncomfortable and I kinda love it.

Again, if I gotta be lynched I gotta be lynched:shrug: I'm cool with whatever you guys choose. It doesn't make sense to live if we're losing.

also, very tin-foily tin-foil:
Nav is some 3rd party who's win condition stipulates either getting lynched D1 or living to endgame.

Reactions: 1 users
I also kinda get this. Like, if Nav is village and lives to end game, it's gonna be that much harder to discern between the actual woofs vs super sketchy villagers.

This entire game is making me very uncomfortable and I kinda love it.

That is something I thought about. You have to be careful not to be so sketchy where you can't come back from it during end game.

Nav is some 3rd party who's win condition stipulates either getting lynched D1 or living to endgame.
I feel like there could possibly be a 3p because we don't normally get told their win condition anyway.

Frosty is coming off super sketch, anyone else seeing that or is it just me

What is the purpose of a statement like this? It feels like you're trying to give her some excuse for not dying overnight if you can't sell her lynch to enough people.

I don’t think I’ve played enough with you, the one game I did you did a similar weirdness and I ended up lynching a villager. But I get village from pip; after last game feel like I might know her play better? To trust her enough to follow in staying away from considering this for now, we can tackle the more sketch peeps later.
What? I played for one day in the last game.

There is no evidence of chaos being a thing in this game. The win conditions for villagers and wolves were posted at the beginning of the game in the opening post, and there are no third party win conditions included alongside those.

Reactions: 1 users
Frosty is coming off super sketch, anyone else seeing that or is it just me

I have them on my wolfy list. However, you're also chilling there with a few question marks after your name so you poking shade at Frosty is making me think I might need to rearrange some things

Also, sorry guys my life is crazy. I'm doing my best to keep up but it's proving more challenging than I thought. Working on some reads on my lunch break

What is the purpose of a statement like this? It feels like you're trying to give her some excuse for not dying overnight if you can't sell her lynch to enough people.

Selling a genny lynch, bogo!!!!

Also, if MJ was third party, he would actually continue ghosting/going along with being a wolf, and ride himself to the free victory. Saying you are third party only confounds the issue, and takes a virtually guaranteed win and makes it obscure.

Since genny wants to stick around and i'm willing to oblige, do any of my other current village reads want to be lynched today? @Ms Procrastinator @cubsrule4e

Starting lynch tracker now to help find more options
I am also ok with dying today too. I feel like it’s kind of crappy of me to be so selfish to want to stick around and play longer, especially when everyone else wants to play too.

So far I’ve got MJ, Nav, and SAR as wolf reads.
Frosty, Dubz, barks as village.

Reactions: 2 users
Selling a genny lynch, bogo!!!!
I don't like it when sketchy people try to sell me things. I can shop for myself tyvm

Also, if MJ was third party, he would actually continue ghosting/going along with being a wolf, and ride himself to the free victory. Saying you are third party only confounds the issue, and takes a virtually guaranteed win and makes it obscure.
And I agree with you on this, so you don't need to also sell me on him being full of ****. It's not like it's a particularly sneaky wolfing pattern lol