This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Athompson89

Reaction score
Haven’t seen a forum made for Ross yet or maybe I overlooked it. Anyone else applied to Ross for Spring/ Fall semester?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I applied for may 2020! I just heard about an interview and I'm super excited but also super nervous!

Reactions: 1 users
I applied for fall 20 and I had my interview 9/3. Still haven’t heard anything but they said it usually takes 6-8 weeks to hear about anything. “They usually do the may class before the fall one” is what the advisor told me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for fall 20 and I had my interview 9/3. Still haven’t heard anything but they said it usually takes 6-8 weeks to hear about anything. “They usually do the may class before the fall one” is what the advisor told me.
Oh that’s awesome!! Congrats on scoring an interview! How was the interview process?

Haven’t seen a forum made for Ross yet or maybe I overlooked it. Anyone else applied to Ross for Spring/ Fall semester?

I got accepted to ross to start in May 2020!!! The interview went really well. Mine was online and the woman I interviewed with was sooo nice and made me feel really comfortable. The interview felt more like a conversation than just her asking me questions.

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted to ross to start in May 2020!!! The interview went really well. Mine was online and the woman I interviewed with was sooo nice and made me feel really comfortable. The interview felt more like a conversation than just her asking me questions.
That's amazing!! I'm so nervous for my interview, can I ask what your stats were like gpa, ECT and what some of the questions she asked were?

Congratulations on your acceptance!! That’s amazing!! I hope I get accepted into a the program if my interview goes well and can skip through the vet prep course.

That's amazing!! I'm so nervous for my interview, can I ask what your stats were like gpa, ECT and what some of the questions she asked were?

My stats aren't the greatest....I'm from NY.
GPA: 3.41
Last 45: 3.8
science GPA: 3.5
GRE (did terrible): V - 142, Q - 150, 4.0 for writing section

They asked me mainly about my experiences and I think that's where I stood out the most. I did a lot of outreach programs and catered to the undeserved community and I really think they liked that. She asked me about my experiences and knew my application really well. she quoted things from my personal statement as well. She also asked why ross and what I liked about it.

Hope this helps!

For those of you that had your interview was it over Skype? It did they have you go to a location? When I talked to the Ross grads I work with they all did their interviews in person although that was a few years ago.

Mine was over Skype! It was 9/3 so I’ve been waiting ever since. The interviewer did say I shouldn’t hear back for 4-8 weeks after my interview. Also since I’m applying for the fall of 2020, they most likely will be trying to fill the other two slots before. The waiting is legit the worst.

Good luck to those applying!! I’m a 4th semester if anyone has questions.

Congrats! That is amazing, I applied this cycle (first time) and really hope I get in! D:
All I do now is stress and read these forums everyday lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my email of acceptance. I submitted July 15th; Ross got my materials end of July, and I interviewed early August

Hi. I applied on the last day, when should I hear back?
You should hear back soon for your interview for Fall 2020. I already had my interview and I applied the last min (but had started the process before VMCAS was due with them directly). After your interview it takes 5-8 wks to hear back from the committee. Again, I said this to you on another thread...you will have to be patient!!

You should hear back soon for your interview for Fall 2020. I already had my interview and I applied the last min (but had started the process before VMCAS was due with them directly). After your interview it takes 5-8 wks to hear back from the committee. Again, I said this to you on another thread...you will have to be patient!!

Thank you!!! I will. And yeah I heard back from westernU so I’m like okay did I do all the requirements for the other schools ?!? So just wanna make sure I’m not missing anything post application. Thank you!

Does anyone know how to check the status of the application? The email I received said "when you login" but doesn't say where or how to login... I feel like I'm missing something here.

Update: they sent me a link! The application hasnt been looked at yet, I applied for Fall 2020 so they said it would take another few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone that applied for Fall 2020 heard anything yet? They only contacted me 9/5 to say that they received my app. I haven’t heard anything since.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Has anyone that applied for Fall 2020 heard anything yet? They only contacted me 9/5 to say that they received my app. I haven’t heard anything since.

Hi - I also applied for Fall 2020. I last spoke to them on 10/3 and they haven't processed my application yet. I applied on the last day for VMCAS deadline.

Does anyone know how to check the status of the application? The email I received said "when you login" but doesn't say where or how to login... I feel like I'm missing something here.

They sent an email with a application checklist link. Didn't have to make any accounts or anything- but I believe its one of the emails that come in after you get verified by VMCAS. It states "You can monitor the status of your application by viewing your application checklist." <-- link should be there

Hi - I also applied for Fall 2020. I last spoke to them on 10/3 and they haven't processed my application yet. I applied on the last day for VMCAS deadline.

They sent an email with a application checklist link. Didn't have to make any accounts or anything- but I believe its one of the emails that come in after you get verified by VMCAS. It states "You can monitor the status of your application by viewing your application checklist." <-- link should be there

I didn't get a link attached to the email. I called yesterday and left a message. Hopefully they get back to me..

I didn't get a link attached to the email. I called yesterday and left a message. Hopefully they get back to me..
I also didn’t have a link attached to mine. I submitted later in the cycle so I don’t know if that has something to do with that.

If we went to school in the Caribbean such as ross or sgu, do students need to take an addition exam aside from the NAVLE to get back into the states? I've been hearing mixed answers for this. Thank you!

If we went to school in the Caribbean such as ross or sgu, do students need to take an addition exam aside from the NAVLE to get back into the states? I've been hearing mixed answers for this. Thank you!
You only need to take the NAVLE. For a school like St. Matthews which is NOT AVMA accredited, you need to take either the PAVES or ECFVG and then the NAVLE. But for every AVMA accredited school, you don’t need an extra test.

I just interviewed yesterday! I think it went well but I'm still super nervous! They asked me how I would feel about entering in January even though I applied for May and I think I made a mistake by saying I wouldn't want to enter in January because I feel like I wouldn't be prepared in time. Anyway they told me 2-3 weeks so hopefully some of you will be my classmates this next year!

I’m still waiting to hear back on my application decision. So far it’s been 6 weeks since I had my interview. The waiting is the worst!

I’m still waiting to hear back on my application decision. So far it’s been 6 weeks since I had my interview. The waiting is the worst!
I think they fill the January and may classes first which is why it takes longer to hear about the fall class. Hopefully you'll get an answer soon!

Ah congratulations!! I applied for May 2020 as well! I had my interview on Sept. 12th, how long did it take you to hear back? :) Crossing my fingers, if all goes well we might be in the same class!

Did anyone get the email about expediting your application for the January start? Just curious cause it mentions if you’re worried about your grades you could do the vet prep semester which makes me worried my grades aren’t up to par :nailbiting:

Did anyone get the email about expediting your application for the January start? Just curious cause it mentions if you’re worried about your grades you could do the vet prep semester which makes me worried my grades aren’t up to par :nailbiting:
Yea I also got that email

Does anyone know the statistics of once you get an interview, how many of those individuals usually get accepted?

I also didn't get that email? (Interview was 5 weeks ago today & counting)

I also didn't get that email? (Interview was 5 weeks ago today & counting)
I think we both applied for Fall. I also submitted later in the cycle, I don’t think my app has even been looked at yet.

I think we both applied for Fall. I also submitted later in the cycle, I don’t think my app has even been looked at yet.
I applied for May:) and my app has finally been moved from "in review" to "committee review", and has sat there for about a week and a half. I honestly think they may still be doing Jan decisions, as per my admissions advisor

I applied for May:) and my app has finally been moved from "in review" to "committee review", and has sat there for about a week and a half. I honestly think they may still be doing Jan decisions, as per my admissions advisor
That’s the way the email sounded, like they’re dealing with January first and if you don’t get an interview you can do the vet prep course in January to be guaranteed a Fall seat. I think we just got the email because we applied for Fall and they’re trying to make sure the January class is full and seeing who wants to move their app along if they haven’t looked at it yet.

Has anyone heard of any acceptances recently for fall 2020?

Has anyone heard of any acceptances recently for fall 2020?
I got accepted for September 2020 class! My application was completed in August and my interview was September 5th, decision came October 2nd

I got accepted for September 2020 class! My application was completed in August and my interview was September 5th, decision came October 2nd
I talked to Ruth Schroeder a good bit throughout the process, and she said that they try to start filling January seats first then May then September. I actually emailed her asking about an update since it took forever to get my decision and that is when she called me

It took like 2-3 weeks after i got that completion email to hear back about an interview, then interviewed and had my decision within a month of the interview! so maybe that timeline will be the same for you?

I just heard about my acceptance to the May class!!!! I am super excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Those of you that have been accepted, have you already submitted your deposit or are you waiting on other schools? Also My admissions guy told me they like to hear 2 weeks after sending the acceptance notice but is this a firm deadline?

Those of you that have been accepted, have you already submitted your deposit or are you waiting on other schools? Also My admissions guy told me they like to hear 2 weeks after sending the acceptance notice but is this a firm deadline?

I am waiting on other schools. They wouldn’t mind hearing before that; however, as an accredited school they are bound to give us until April 15th.

Were you able to find how much the deposit is? They wanted me to login into myRoss but don't have any login credentials until 2 months out?

Were you able to find how much the deposit is? They wanted me to login into myRoss but don't have any login credentials until 2 months out?
The deposit is $1000 I believe and I emailed my admissions guy and he sent me credentials to login and leave a deposit. I only had a couple of minutes to look through the portal and it looks like there is also info about scholarships and things!

I got accepted into September 2020 but never got any info regarding a deposit?

Awesome!! How long do you have to commit to the school?

Awesome!! How long do you have to commit to the school?
For the September class you have until April 15th to make a decision( it’s like this for all AVMA schools). For the January and May classes you have less time to decide, but I can’t remember the exact amount of time.