Sample Pre-Interview Letter of Interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UM_MJC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully submitted a pre-interview letter of interest that wouldn't mind sharing it with me as an example? I have drafted one of my own, but I am struggling to find any pre-interview LOI examples and I want to make sure mine is appropriately written. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

If you can, I recommend making it more than just a letter of interest. If you have updates, write an update letter and then in the last few sentences state how interested you are in the school for x, y, z reasons. I have an example of an update letter like that, I can PM it to you if you want, but it's not exactly what you're asking for.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually do plan to include a couple updates in the letter, which I did not make clear in my description. That would be great if you don't mind!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can, I recommend making it more than just a letter of interest. If you have updates, write an update letter and then in the last few sentences state how interested you are in the school for x, y, z reasons. I have an example of an update letter like that, I can PM it to you if you want, but it's not exactly what you're asking for.

Hi, can you PM it to me as well? I'm thinking about sending one too. Thanks!

I would love one, if you don't mind. Just want something to compare the ones I've sent to. Especially since you had such a great yield with yours!

May I also see that letter your wrote, pretty please?

This crazy thorough MDApps gives several examples of letters of interest if you scroll to the bottom. They gives results too which is nice, though they're a bit more detailed than I would do.

Edit: you should also definitely add updates if you have any. In the ones I just sent I mentioned last semester's grades and an exciting new research project I'll be starting on.

Hey, can you also show me your update letter/letter of interest? Thank you :):)

Do you still have this letter? Would you mind PMing me a copy as well?

I would love one, if you don't mind. Just want something to compare the ones I've sent to. Especially since you had such a great yield with yours!

@anonymoose1640 @UM_MJC

Do either of you still have this update/interest letter? And if so, would I be able to take a look at it? Really struggling on how to write one of these because I don't have any major updates (I'm still doing all the same things I've been doing since I submitted my secondary), but I'm on hold for an interview at a school I really love so I think it's worth a shot sending one in. Thanks in advance!

@anonymoose1640 @UM_MJC

Do either of you still have this update/interest letter? And if so, would I be able to take a look at it? Really struggling on how to write one of these because I don't have any major updates (I'm still doing all the same things I've been doing since I submitted my secondary), but I'm on hold for an interview at a school I really love so I think it's worth a shot sending one in. Thanks in advance!
His last post was march of 2017

• Haha
Hey there, would it be possible for you to PM me your letter as well? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me insight into why this would be necessary? it seems thirsty IMO, just do the interview and then send the letter?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, can someone PM me a template or letter as well. Thanks!

Could you pm this to me? I'm looking for just this.

To hop on this train, Can you send to me as well please?

Can you also send this to me, please? Thank you so much!

Hey,
Can someone please send a template to me too?
Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I am having trouble finding the template on the website. What dropdown is it under? I'm at ERAS Tools and Worksheets.

- Andy

The pre-interview letter of interest template is called "AMCAS."

If you haven't had any luck this cycle you should devote your effort to improving your application for next time.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
very confused and was not helpful. Thanks for replying anyway.
Your post history suggests you're applying for residency. I'd suggest posting in the Med students forum, rather than the pre-med one.

Although based on what I've read about residency interviews, sending letters of interest/you're my #1 is not typically helpful.