Saturday Morning Cartoons - 7th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to both of my village nooblets on an excellent first game, even though they both died way too early 💔

@sunshinefl
@pawprintsandponytails

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Thank you to my bf @anthony210 for trying to understand my ww addiction. Though I’m not sure he’ll be back any time soon :rofl:

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright so what was up with Random's redirect changing the wolf kill but not the anvils? That's literally the opposite of what I've ever seen in a game, and I'm pretty sure I even told her it's +/- if kills are redirected but abilities definitely are. :laugh:
THANK YOU I'm so curious, still v shocked about what happened honestly but can't be too mad about it :rofl:
You’re obviously not the dumb. You were so close!
and nooooo omg when I woke up this morning I was so sure you were wolf but you KEPT ARGUING so fiercely so I doubted everything (I'm too trustworthy...:rofl:)
Also @Randomizereh you were the only mayor chat I trusted and I’m So glad I read you right. I kept telling everyone in my Mason chat if you lied to me you were way too good at it and deserved to win.
Way to keep going until the end!
and samac thank you for trusting me :love: If this wasn't my first WW game prob would have made up this total fantasy story about what I could do, but alas not this time. Plus, I wanted hard revenge for the kill on you heheh

THANK YOU to both mods and my wonderful manator @Trilt for putting up with me, especially since I asked a billion and one questions and for probably most of my abilities I actually didn't know what they did until after I used them (oopsie....:angelic:) and I defintitely went from like 5~10 posts to almost 300 over the last week or so lolz

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Alright so what was up with Random's redirect changing the wolf kill but not the anvils? That's literally the opposite of what I've ever seen in a game, and I'm pretty sure I even told her it's +/- if kills are redirected but abilities definitely are. :laugh:
Whoops missed this question

Block beat redirect in the order of operations. Usually I have it the other way around but felt like mixing things up this time!

Reactions: 1 user
:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

I've definitely hosted and/or met up with SDNers with about that much background. Not dead yet!

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:
Yeah, and sometimes those strangers bring you migraine medication late at night while you're both at a conference! So everyone's moms are LIARS strangers are GREAT

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Possibly my own doing.... WZ were cultists in the game before I messaged you?

I actually told her I wanted AM to be the sole wolf manator for one wolf with unlimited conversions....
We're trying to stress AM out, not kill her
Someone please pair them with a meat name. Please.
Can I report for duty?
yeet Lawpy

for assuming I could make any decisions except to breathe in and out in wolfchat
Hey, you also decided to play 20 questions

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
@holdthemayo @Viscernable @lumya @mammalade @supershorty
Much love to my wolflings, :biglove: you all did wonderfully and only exhibited like a tenth of the anxiety I usually do in wolfchat so y'all are already doing much better than me

lenny von dohlen harold smith GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

I raise orchids and wolf pups ❤️

And thank god for the other wolfators, who brought actual advice into wolfchat while I did the heavy lifting of ****posting and making jokes
@Animal Midwife @genny

johnny depp ship GIF

Looking forward to fighting with you all in BoWWling shortly!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Whoops missed this question

Block beat redirect in the order of operations. Usually I have it the other way around but felt like mixing things up this time!
So if someone used redirect on someone whose only night action is blocking, it would just do nothing? Was it before the jailkeeping, too?

Thas weird haha.

THANK YOU I'm so curious, still v shocked about what happened honestly but can't be too mad about it :rofl:

and nooooo omg when I woke up this morning I was so sure you were wolf but you KEPT ARGUING so fiercely so I doubted everything (I'm too trustworthy...:rofl:)

and samac thank you for trusting me :love: If this wasn't my first WW game prob would have made up this total fantasy story about what I could do, but alas not this time. Plus, I wanted hard revenge for the kill on you heheh

THANK YOU to both mods and my wonderful manator @Trilt for putting up with me, especially since I asked a billion and one questions and for probably most of my abilities I actually didn't know what they did until after I used them (oopsie....:angelic:) and I defintitely went from like 5~10 posts to almost 300 over the last week or so lolz
You seriously did so good. I definitely sometimes went "hmmm." with some of the conclusions of your though processes, but a couple days ago I even posted in mentor chat about how good of a job of thinking things through and putting in effort that you were doing.

Everyone played such a good game. Even with hiccups in logic every once in awhile, there was such good thinking on both sides, and everyone fought fought fought till the end which you can't always say about players. Love it.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
So if someone used redirect on someone whose only night action is blocking, it would just do nothing? Was it before the jailkeeping, too?

Thas weird haha.
It was basically to decrease the number of action loops/paradoxes we would have to deal with since there was a lot of potential for that, so yes neither blocking or jailing could be redirected this game. Blocking and jailing were simultaneous so there were a couple times that had to be resolved by RNG (and jailing lost both times, poor bread). But I actually wish I had separated them at the beginning instead. I often have a very specific order of operations for each game depending on the roleset and follow that for consistency.

I get that it's not exactly standard natural action resolution, but I thought it would be less confusing for things to be consistent than for redirection to only work on a blocker sometimes (when the blocker was targeting someone else, but not when the blocker was targeting the redirector). Guess I thought wrong :laugh:

• Care
It was basically to decrease the number of action loops/paradoxes we would have to deal with since there was a lot of potential for that, so yes neither blocking or jailing could be redirected this game. Blocking and jailing were simultaneous so there were a couple times that had to be resolved by RNG (and jailing lost both times, poor bread). But I actually wish I had separated them at the beginning instead. I often have a very specific order of operations for each game depending on the roleset and follow that for consistency.

I get that it's not exactly standard natural action resolution, but I thought it would be less confusing for things to be consistent than for redirection to only work on a blocker sometimes (when the blocker was targeting someone else, but not when the blocker was targeting the redirector). Guess I thought wrong :laugh:
It makes sense in context! I think it always gets a bit weird when you've got multiple blockers/jailkeepers, and especially when you also throw in reflective abilities the potential for weird loops you have to parse out goes way up lol. (The Incredibles game was horrible for that if I remember, because we had like three blockers and I just had to constantly RNG ****).

Congrats village!

I just wanted to copy-paste a comment I made in manator chat early on in the game:

I see a lot of noobs comparing WW to Among Us, and as a frequent Among Us player I would like to disagree strongly. Among Us is very mechanics based, whereas WW is very social based, if that makes sense. Like your cred in Among Us comes from sussing impostors, doing tasks, and your positioning. In WW, your cred comes entirely from what you say. IMO, WW is wayyyyyyyy harder.

…but a lot of you have probably realized how different they are now after playing a full game of WW ;)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I still have 4 days left of break before i start back up on rotation, I've spent so much time WWing for the rest of it now I don't know what to DO with myself

• Haha
Congrats village!

I just wanted to copy-paste a comment I made in manator chat early on in the game:

I see a lot of noobs comparing WW to Among Us, and as a frequent Among Us player I would like to disagree strongly. Among Us is very mechanics based, whereas WW is very social based, if that makes sense. Like your cred in Among Us comes from sussing impostors, doing tasks, and your positioning. In WW, your cred comes entirely from what you say. IMO, WW is wayyyyyyyy harder.

…but a lot of you have probably realized how different they are now after playing a full game of WW ;)

For people who liked WW but want something quick like Among Us, I recommend One Night Ultimate Werewolf! I think the mechanics are a lot more similar in terms of roles/social aspects, but it's all based on the actions of a single night so it ends quickly/can be replayed multiple times in one party. And there's fun twists like the possibility that you can go to sleep as one role and wake up in the morning having become a werewolf, without knowing it!

It makes sense in context! I think it always gets a bit weird when you've got multiple blockers/jailkeepers, and especially when you also throw in reflective abilities the potential for weird loops you have to parse out goes way up lol. (The Incredibles game was horrible for that if I remember, because we had like three blockers and I just had to constantly RNG ****).
Ugh yes...I didn't find that spreadsheet but I was twitching looking back at Orange is the New Black for the same reason.

Also talk about recruitment, that conversion of 3p to wolf to worse wolf :laugh:

• Haha
Congrats village!

I mean I usually win at among us when I’m imposter by convincing other folks to yeet the wrong person. Same concept just wayyyyy more involved.

Congrats village!

Yes, I was waiting for one of the tors to post this. Good job, @capri1722

Did Bread count toward Village numbers? Seemed strange that there was a confirmed 3P but the night write up didn't hint that it was MARVOLO on the last day.

Did Bread count toward Village numbers? Seemed strange that there was a confirmed 3P but the night write up didn't hint that it was MARVOLO on the last day.
Hallowmann didn’t count in village numbers. I think we were saving the hints for today if it had happened. @WildZoo ?

Just wanted to give a shout out to @Stagg737 for putting up with a noob who was just like OH I GOT THIS when I, in fact, did not have this.

It's good, you did a (mostly) really solid job on your own! If you had done anything disastrous I would have jumped in, but I can't really take any credit for your play this game. Great job!

Reactions: 2 users
Hallowmann didn’t count in village numbers. I think we were saving the hints for today if it had happened. @WildZoo ?
Yeah I feel like usually I wait to hint until actual Volo/Yolo because sometimes Marvolo can happen early because of mechanics, but it depends on the game. 3p never counts for village numbers - any manatee could have asked their manator this - so really simple math would have revealed it was probably best for village not to yeet a villager today. Didn't find it necessary to hint today since there weren't really hidden things going on that would have led to an unexpected loss.

Better be good burger of the day jokes...

My wife actually got me a gift last christmas that's got recipe cards for around 50 of the "joke burgers" that are in that show. Some of them are strangely amazing.

All sporty mentee wolfpack???

Let's make this happen

Better make sure I'm not playing or you'll all be dead by D3, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I still have 4 days left of break before i start back up on rotation, I've spent so much time WWing for the rest of it now I don't know what to DO with myself
I haven't been on break, but now I guess I need to spend more time with my kids or something...

Nah, I am bad at reading people and could not come up with someone to vote for.
You were not alone in this my friend. Of course, it never mattered who I voted for, I just had to survive to the end to win, mwahahahaha

• Haha
  • Wow
I met @KCgophervet by doing this same thing really awkwardly when I was a first year in a club meeting, and I will never forget how incredibly dumb and awkward I felt afterward lmao

It's not too late! Who knows when I'll graduate! Will I graduate? Will I be doing this PhD for the rest of my life? feels that way WHO KNOWS

I am less spazzy and outgoing in person though.
I did something similar to @LetItSnow once and it always feels super awkward. :)

On another note, I randomly popped into this thread a few days ago, read like a page, and immediately wanted to message you cuz you were acting so wolftastic but then I didn't. Fun story.

Hope you all had fun with your indoctrination into WW!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I did something similar to @LetItSnow once and it always feels super awkward. :)

On another note, I randomly popped into this thread a few days ago, read like a page, and immediately wanted to message you cuz you were acting so wolftastic but then I didn't. Fun story.

Hope you all had fun with your indoctrination into WW!

Well, I don't remember it, so it must all be good. :)

• Haha
I woke up my fiance this morning going "OH NO" and he didn't even open his eyes, just goes "I told you you shouldn't do the redirect. Did you kill the other wolf? I bet you did." :laugh: :cryi:

I hadn't even told him I'd decided to do it, he just knew I was waffling about it when we went to bed lol
Oh hey
Your fiancée gave you WW advice.
I know that dude now!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Oh hey
Your fiancée gave you WW advice.
I know that dude now!
Even then, having never played, better at the game than I was :cryi:

edit because my computer doesn't recognize the happy cry emoji so now I'm using the sad one.

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Hmm
Even then, having never played, better at the game than I was :cryi:

edit because my computer doesn't recognize the happy cry emoji so now I'm using the sad one.
The struggle is real though, especially during the game.

• Care