School Deposits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I feel as if I haven't seen much on this but maybe I haven't looked in the right places. I know the application process is expensive but I didn't expect to basically be charged to be accepted. I have one acceptance at a school I do not love but the $2,000 deposit is due tomorrow so I had to make a deposit just in case I only have one acceptance by the time school starts. I have an interview tomorrow as well for another school. If I get into that one, I am definitely putting in my deposit since I like this school more that the first one. If I get a third acceptance and like that one even more than the first two.... I would probably put my deposit in there too if I am really passionate about it.... That is already $6,000. These dates are ridiculous because you can be accepted at anytime and they usually have a 2 week or month timeline to make a deposit. I only make $2,000 a month right now so there goes my savings which I know in the grand scheme of things is not much money... how do people deal with this? Is there something I am missing? This is a lot of money to not get back LOL

Members don't see this ad.