Season 7 Mafia Championship Nominations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Appreciate it @alissa14 but my past experiences repping SDN on MU haven't been great ones so I'm leaving that for others to take a stab at this time :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
harass user Animal Midwife extensively for an invite to the MU discord server
You could probably do this for me since you’re already so good at harassing her:cat:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question: Did you guys want the backup to also be vote-based or should that be left to the winner to pick for themselves?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question: Did you guys want the backup to also be vote-based or should that be left to the winner to pick for themselves?
Can the backup be the second place person in the vote? As long as they accept?

Reactions: 6 users
Not exactly sure what that means, is confirmed mean youre playing? I thought the championship thing was something we all watched AM and/or Dubz play in.
We have to vote on who plays first! You've been nominated and I think you would represent SDN well! Would you be willing to play or do you only want to watch?

We have to vote on who plays first! You've been nominated and I think you would represent SDN well! Would you be willing to play or do you only want to watch?

Ah i see now (helps to read the thread). I appreciate the offer but Im nowhere close to being able to play with the big dogs (see: current game lol)

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Ah i see now (helps to read the thread). I appreciate the offer but Im nowhere close to being able to play with the big dogs (see: current game lol)
They really aren't big dogs though. They post a helluva lot more and are much more pushy and can take the fun outta the game, but a good player is a good player. There are plenty of enjoyable people too, just very different vibe. :)

it seems kinda weird the voting should be done by PMing someone who is getting voted for... I feel weird about this.

• Dislike
Can I ask why this is a rule? It seems silly.
It keeps the field more even. If some people self-vote, but not others, it skews towards the self-voters. The only ways I see around this is to have everyone self-vote themselves (so it cancels out) or just not self-vote (which achieves the same result but requires less effort).

It keeps the field more even. If some people self-vote, but not others, it skews towards the self-voters. The only ways I see around this is to have everyone self-vote themselves (so it cancels out) or just not self-vote (which achieves the same result but requires less effort).
I fail to see why that is a problem. If the self-voters really want to go, they vote for themselves. If people don't really want to go, they don't vote for themselves.

I fail to see why that is a problem. If the self-voters really want to go, they vote for themselves. If people don't really want to go, they don't vote for themselves.
It's just another minor thing that stresses me out in life.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
MU is a pita, but fun if you haven't played. Would recommend viewing site and even getting in on a game before championships though to get used to the style.
BOOOOO

MU has some very nice things about the site that make it way easier for me to play there than here.

like being able to call a vote count whenever you want and being able to iso people.

If you guys have any questions about MU, feel free to shoot me a PM

I like the features of MU. The activity was overwhelming, even for me. Though granted both times I've played life decided to **** on me just in time to mess with my availability.

BOOOOO

MU has some very nice things about the site that make it way easier for me to play there than here.

like being able to call a vote count whenever you want and being able to iso people.

If you guys have any questions about MU, feel free to shoot me a PM
There is a learning curve is all I meant. And it is much harder to get gifs and other attachments outside of the site in your posts, unless that has changed since last I played. I think our players have historically taken too long to adapt and hence the reason they get kilt early.

@Animal Midwife I can take the PMs and tally them if that would be preferred so there's no issue with you tallying them
I appreciate the offer dy, but I feel like I got a handle on things. It gives me something to do that seems at least semi-contributory to the quality of SDN instead outside of memeposting in others' games 24/7.

There is a learning curve is all I meant. And it is much harder to get gifs and other attachments outside of the site in your posts, unless that has changed since last I played. I think our players have historically taken too long to adapt and hence the reason they get kilt early.
BTW, I loved and miss playing both here and MU. I am not wanting to be discouraging at all. The level of participation in high though and there is always a difficulty in learning a new forum set up. this is meant that whomever gets nominated, I really recommend getting in on a game or two, or if you ask AM, maybe she can do some turbo's so at least the software is less of a get to know you first date than the start of the game. lol

As long as you have the url, just press the button that looks like a painting and paste the url into the dialog box that comes up.

I think the biggest issue for SDN players are the activity levels. A lot of new people show up to the site and don't know what all the buttons do...but SDN has always had lower activity games than many sites (and that's ok)

As long as you have the url, just press the button that looks like a painting and paste the url into the dialog box that comes up.

I think the biggest issue for SDN players are the activity levels. A lot of new people show up to the site and don't know what all the buttons do...but SDN has always had lower activity games than many sites (and that's ok)
I just remember getting irritated a couple times wanting to add something silly and not being able to get it to work. I agree in every aspect though that the tools make life sooooo very much easier. Gotta play once or twice to know how to use them, so I guess I'm trying to be convincing that whoever goes, it would be a very good thing to play another game first to practice.

I almost signed up for the Star Trek generations just because my heart will always be there with my childhood love of sci fi being built. That and X files developed who I am today. lol

FWIW, in future years, if you're a nominee I think it'd be better to have someone else do the vote counting. Even if you're totally honorable, it's kind of a conflict of interest.

I'm not saying you're shady, but it's a total conflict of interest and may impact the way people vote which is not ideal.
FWIW, in future years, if you're a nominee I think it'd be better to have someone else do the vote counting. Even if you're totally honorable, it's kind of a conflict of interest.
Yep, that's what I said but people dont seem to agree
Can I ask why this is a rule? It seems silly.
Agreed. you think people running for office don't vote for themselves? they 100% do lol

Chiming in, if you're doing ranked choice voting (which is what it is from my understanding) then nominees should be allowed to vote for themselves because it won't "negate" the rest of their ranked choices by voting themselves first. And also that makes it awkward to send in votes to a current nominee because they can see where you "rank" them - it's not just whether or not you voted for them but where you actually put them in a line up of all the candidates and can affect how people vote, not that they don't trust that you will report things accurately.

Chiming in, if you're doing ranked choice voting (which is what it is from my understanding) then nominees should be allowed to vote for themselves because it won't "negate" the rest of their ranked choices by voting themselves first. And also that makes it awkward to send in votes to a current nominee because they can see where you "rank" them - it's not just whether or not you voted for them but where you actually put them in a line up of all the candidates and can affect how people vote, not that they don't trust that you will report things accurately.
At least for the bolded, it's thus far been a nonissue. This isn't a popularity contest. I can't think of a valid reason to be offended when the whole point of this is to send someone the majority of the public agrees with. It doesn't say anything about the competency/skill of the player. I'm not sure why it'd affect anyone else's vote since they're all private.

At least for the bolded, it's thus far been a nonissue. This isn't a popularity contest. I can't think of a valid reason to be offended when the whole point of this is to send someone the majority of the public agrees with. It doesn't say anything about the competency/skill of the player. I'm not sure why it'd affect anyone else's vote since they're all private.
What if you're just secretly building a list of who to lynch first :thinking:

• Wow
  • Haha