Sex life in medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinjin24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do y’all that are single have any sex life outside of class??

Members don't see this ad.

Na I'm an indian male so it's nonexistent

• Haha
Reactions: 73 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got Mrs. right and when I’m in the mood, Mr. left.

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Hahahahaha, Mrs right is always loyal I heard

Reactions: 1 user
In before close

Tinder and Bumble make this easier

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
If you got laid as a premed, you get laid as a med student. If you got laid as a med student, you'll get laid as a resident. Same rule once an attending. If you didn't get laid in one of those phases, you won't suddenly start in the next phase.

• Wow
Reactions: 21 users
If you got laid as a premed, you get laid as a med student. If you got laid as a med student, you'll get laid as a resident. Same rule once an attending. If you didn't get laid in one of those phases, you won't suddenly start in the next phase.
sheeeeeeeet

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
This is a pretty accurate description of my current sex life
wow.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users
This is basically accurate

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My school has a booze cruise basically for this purpose.

And that my friend, is why I wear my whitecoat into Starbucks...

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users
If you are a male virgin in medical school, your Step 1 and 2 better be in 260s because I don't know how else you are spending all that free time besides studying.

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Wherever you go, there you are

Eh, you’ll have more luck if you’re in a place with a lot of single people of your preference versus somewhere were everyone is married or in a serious relationship.

Background:
getting in before it’s locked lol, here is my N=1

Aims:
acquire hate and/or sarcastic likes

Methods:
ask your parents

Results:
overall frequency of sex and time spent on sex life, etc went down for the most part (p<0.05). I chalk this up to stress, shifted priorities, and decreased free time

overall number of partners and rate of meeting new partners stayed pretty much the same (p=0.69) vs typical employed adult daily life (obviously less than college years though)

overall diversity of partners increased (p<0.0001) to include nurses, PAs, classmates (not recommended), and doctors (post-grad m4 not residents/attendings don’t worry) while no longer really pursuing non-medical partners due to infrequency of interaction. Did have a thing with a bartender though

Conclusion:
above posters are correct, things don’t change much overall, but if you already struggle the time/stress factors may make things harder for you. future studies should look into the potential for relations with nearby dental and osteopathic medical students

Funding:
free drinks from the bartender

Acknowledgements:
thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Reactions: 23 users
I know almost no EM doc attendings who work 185 hours a month. That’s a pretty insane shift load for EM and is certainly well above the average for full time which is usually somewhere in the ballpark of 120-140 a month on average. Since this paper lists 46.4 as the average that means a large portion of people are doing MORE than 185 a month which is insane. I’ve only know a handful of docs who do this over the years and they all had no life and too many ex wives. Pretty sure this number is grossly inaccurate.
Na I'm an indian male so it's nonexistent

lol. start with that sense of a humor and it may get you somewhere

Background:
getting in before it’s locked lol, here is my N=1

Aims:
acquire hate and/or sarcastic likes

Methods:
ask your parents

Results:
overall frequency of sex and time spent on sex life, etc went down for the most part (p<0.05). I chalk this up to stress, shifted priorities, and decreased free time

overall number of partners and rate of meeting new partners stayed pretty much the same (p=0.69) vs typical employed adult daily life (obviously less than college years though)

overall diversity of partners increased (p<0.0001) to include nurses, PAs, classmates (not recommended), and doctors (post-grad m4 not residents/attendings don’t worry) while no longer really pursuing non-medical partners due to infrequency of interaction. Did have a thing with a bartender though

Conclusion:
above posters are correct, things don’t change much overall, but if you already struggle the time/stress factors may make things harder for you. future studies should look into the potential for relations with nearby dental and osteopathic medical students

Funding:
free drinks from the bartender

Acknowledgements:
thank you for coming to my Ted Talk
gold

n=1: if you're a gay guy you can still have a ton of extracurricular fun. I don't know about straight people.

Reactions: 1 users
n=1: if you're a gay guy you can still have a ton of extracurricular fun. I don't know about straight people.
cuz most men are promiscuous by nature. straight men are just limited by options

Reactions: 4 users
Had a decent sex life in pharmacy school... why shouldn't medical students?

• Haha
The M2s are much more down rn, but my own class is the exact opposite hahaha tinder is fine but the valid matches only are the undergraduates lol

I mean just saying you’re a doctor isn’t an automatic in....who the hell would even think that? You still have to be an actual human being that someone finds attractive. This is a pre teen sex Ed type question cmon now

I mean just saying you’re a doctor isn’t an automatic in....who the hell would even think that? You still have to be an actual human being that someone finds attractive. This is a pre teen sex Ed type question cmon now
I'm not sure who on this thread you think thinks that?
Also I think it takes some level of maturity to admit that ones sex life is potentially being negatively impacted by their career and to be open enough to inquire as to whether others have experienced the same

eh..depends on where you are. If you end up going to a school in NYC, there's really no reason you shouldn't be able to get laid if you are a straight male. There's a girl for every type of guy in NYC.

• Haha
I'm not sure who on this thread you think thinks that?
Also I think it takes some level of maturity to admit that ones sex life is potentially being negatively impacted by their career and to be open enough to inquire as to whether others have experienced the same
Chill. That’s the vibe of this entire thread. If your sex life isn’t what you want that’s on you. It really isn’t that hard to balance life and med school. They make apps and prostitutes exist for a reason. Have at it killer

• Haha
What are your guy’s thoughts on dating someone in your class? There’s several babes in my class but I’m afraid of the potential drama/rumors floating around with my other classmates lol
Go for it. Realistically you only see them for the first couple years anyway. There’s definitely a risk of awkwardness but it is what it is. We have several people that have even gotten married in our class and a ton dating

What are your guy’s thoughts on dating someone in your class? There’s several babes in my class but I’m afraid of the potential drama/rumors floating around with my other classmates lol
I say go for it, I know of people in my class that started dating like the first week

• Wow
Chill. That’s the vibe of this entire thread. If your sex life isn’t what you want that’s on you. It really isn’t that hard to balance life and med school. They make apps and prostitutes exist for a reason. Have at it killer
I'm not sure what gave you the impression I'm anything but chill lol. Seems to me you have a real problem interpreting text. There are literally zero posts on here that remotely indicate people think they should be getting laid just bc they are gonna be a doctor, which is why I replied the way I did (confused by where you got that idea more than anything).

Also I'm good homie, been in a relationship for a long time.

If you’re both adults about it can go really well! Dating another medical student for past year and a half and it’s been a strong positive to med school

Just ****ed a classmate this weekend oops

No pun intended but if a guy, who is a solid 6, reveals that he is a doctor then he is now a solid 9. Simple as that.

My UG roommate actually went back with a guy from the club who said he was an M1 but we found out the next day from his fb that he was a premed in his first yr of an SMP. Let's just say I'm glad she talked to him before I did

• Haha
I would generally advise against that.

If you have a small class size, definitely don’t do it.

if your class size is large, and lectures aren’t mandatory, then maybe and only if you think it’ll be a long term relationship.

• Dislike
No pun intended but if a guy, who is a solid 6, reveals that he is a doctor then he is now a solid 9. Simple as that.

My UG roommate actually went back with a guy from the club who said he was an M1 but we found out the next day from his fb that he was a premed in his first yr of an SMP. Let's just say I'm glad she talked to him before I did
That's literally not true. You think someone above-average suddenly becomes an elite model due to being a doctor?
Maybe 1 point extra and that's only true for girls who care. Which is some, not most.

I personally did by far the best during premed years. After graduating med school i noticed that a minority of girls care a bit, most do not. That's pretty consistent with most guys.

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.