Sex life in medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's literally not true. You think someone above-average suddenly becomes an elite model due to being a doctor?
Maybe 1 point extra and that's only true for girls who care. Which is some, not most.

I personally did by far the best during premed years. After graduating med school i noticed that a minority of girls care a bit, most do not. That's pretty consistent with most guys.

Not model but yes, guys become much more attractive. Considering the amount of dedication & work it takes to have a career as a physician (and other traditionally "difficult" fields) makes someone appear much more intelligent and desirable. The idea of dating someone who is a physician (or astrophysics phd, in a top law school, etc) is more appealing. Not to get too psychological but women care more about hypergamy, yet I've had a breakup over wanting to go into medicine bc it'd be "bad for our future family," so mostly girls will find it attractive.

Hookups are obviously much lower impact but more girls care than you'd expect, especially those not going into medicine themselves since it makes being a doctor seem way more impressive than it actually is. Although you are 10000% right when you say if someone wasn't getting any before, they're not gonna magically start

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have upgraded myself from Jill since my high school days. But nothing beats Jill. That girl is loyal. Strong wife material.

Not model but yes, guys become much more attractive. Considering the amount of dedication & work it takes to have a career as a physician (and other traditionally "difficult" fields) makes someone appear much more intelligent and desirable. The idea of dating someone who is a physician (or astrophysics phd, in a top law school, etc) is more appealing. Not to get too psychological but women care more about hypergamy, yet I've had a breakup over wanting to go into medicine bc it'd be "bad for our future family," so mostly girls will find it attractive.

Hookups are obviously much lower impact but more girls care than you'd expect, especially those not going into medicine themselves since it makes being a doctor seem way more impressive than it actually is. Although you are 10000% right when you say if someone wasn't getting any before, they're not gonna magically start
You kinda answered it at the end. Sure I'd agree if you're already a big appeal it only gets better.
Add muscles to a nice face and you get even more luck. To an average one? Barely.
Same concept:)

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't do it. Not worth the headache, unless a girl ask you out dude, don't think about it.

What are your guy’s thoughts on dating someone in your class? There’s several babes in my class but I’m afraid of the potential drama/rumors floating around with my other classmates lol

Reactions: 1 user
i'm married. so sex is nonexistent irrespective of my profession.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
What are your guy’s thoughts on dating someone in your class? There’s several babes in my class but I’m afraid of the potential drama/rumors floating around with my other classmates lol
You got babes in your class?? Bro either your standards got worse than mine since I got to med school or you go to PT school. Med school doesnt have “babes” lmao

That's literally not true. You think someone above-average suddenly becomes an elite model due to being a doctor?
Maybe 1 point extra and that's only true for girls who care. Which is some, not most.

I personally did by far the best during premed years. After graduating med school i noticed that a minority of girls care a bit, most do not. That's pretty consistent with most guys.

You got pudgy brah. Should’ve become a shredded "sickcat" instead. Might be hard now that you’re in your late 20’s or so.

Not srs

Semi srs

Told myself I wouldn't touch this thread with a 10-foot poll, but here I am...

Reactions: 3 users
You got babes in your class?? Bro either your standards got worse than mine since I got to med school or you go to PT school. Med school doesnt have “babes” lmao

Look harder boyo. They’re there. My standards aren’t low

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol wtf is this?? And I’ve talked to many females who through mid conversation have their eyes light up when I tell them I’m going to medical school. So yes being a doctor gets “your foot in the door” but you still need to know how to seal the deal. No girl is going to throw herself at you if you are doctor. Unless you are a billionaire/A-list celebrity

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
You got pudgy brah. Should’ve become a shredded "sickcat" instead. Might be hard now that you’re in your late 20’s or so.

Not srs

Semi srs
I still do competitive bodybuilding shows.

Lol wtf is this?? And I’ve talked to many females who through mid conversation have their eyes light up when I tell them I’m going to medical school. So yes being a doctor gets “your foot in the door” but you still need to know how to seal the deal. No girl is going to throw herself at you if you are doctor. Unless you are a billionaire/A-list celebrity
Your status says pre-podiatry. And it doesn't get your foot in the door. It helps you if you're looking for a relationship; once you're in the door.

I still do competitive bodybuilding shows.

Your status says pre-podiatry. And it doesn't get your foot in the door. It helps you if you're looking for a relationship; once you're in the door.

yes when I made my sdn account I put that but I am too lazy nor do I care enough to change it. what is your definition of “being in the door”

yes when I made my sdn account I put that but I am too lazy nor do I care enough to change it. what is your definition of “being in the door”
Actually going on a date. Talking, you thinking she is interested, or her agreeing to plans then cancelling - do not count.

Actually going on a date. Talking, you thinking she is interested, or her agreeing to plans then cancelling - do not count.

okay I am saying it makes her more open-minded and her to consider for you to be a potential mate; increasing your odds for the latter that yes she agrees for you to take her out

okay I am saying it makes her more open-minded and her to consider for you to be a potential mate; increasing your odds for the latter that yes she agrees for you to take her out
Or she's just impressed the same way a dude is impressed when they hear that. Impressed = / = attracted.

Sorry but it's just silly to consider the opposing side interested if they're not willing to go on a date with you. And trust me, their mind is made up extremely early on.

Only sex I'll be getting in medical school is from my girlfriend of 4 years :)

Or she's just impressed the same way a dude is impressed when they hear that. Impressed = / = attracted.

Sorry but it's just silly to consider the opposing side interested if they're not willing to go on a date with you. And trust me, their mind is made up extremely early on.
Lol what of course I am not saying some slob is going to become attractive if he just puts on a white coat

Only sex I'll be getting in medical school is from my girlfriend of 4 years :)
Conserve the libido and use it as fuel: many greats in history have done so: Michaelangelo, Ali, Steve Jobs

• Haha

Watch Z end up marrying a hot NP.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I disagree. A lot of girls (ie not women) are into status, superficiality. All else being the same, an attending is gonna have an easier time than a resident or med student. I’ve even noticed this becoming a resident.

Do y’all that are single have any sex life outside of class??
No but that's because my boyfriend and I chose to wait til after marriage.
If the concern is about time to meet someone...I was single as a MS1. Found the time to meet someone long distance & nurture the relationship now we're discussing engagement/marriage down the line. Yes its hard to find time in med school but it can be done-and it is possible to meet someone-if that's the concern

If the concern is about time to meet someone...I was single as a MS1. Found the time to meet someone long distance & nurture the relationship now we're discussing engagement/marriage down the line. Yes its hard to find time in med school but it can be done-and it is possible to meet someone-if that's the concern

You mean you chose to wait and he acquiesced.

Reactions: 2 users

Yikes

You don't even know me. How can you claim to know this? Some things are mutual decisions.

Lol. This is human nature. I know you have 2 arms and 2 legs without meeting you as well. In any case, I did not mean to pry just found it funny.

Lol. This is human nature. I know you have 2 arms and 2 legs without meeting you as well. In any case, I did not mean to pry just found it funny.
You're just determined to fit both feet in your mouth, aren't you?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
You're just determined to fit both feet in your mouth, aren't you?

Alas, human nature which has evolved over millions of years will not change because you do not agree with it.

Alas, human nature which has evolved over millions of years will not change because you do not agree with it.
Has nothing to do with me agreeing. It has everything to do with you making assumptions and not stopping when you're called out.

Has nothing to do with me agreeing. It has everything to do with you making assumptions and not stopping when you're called out.

If I assume you are a human being instead of a robot, would I be wrong? I will not engage further.

As with most things in medical school....priorities priorities. Had a single run for awhile and it's hard to keep the interest of the opposite sex when on 25-50% of weekends "I have to study" or "I can't drink too much" come up frequently. Never had these issues before medical school and was always doing pretty well with the opposite sex. Most don't want to hear about all the dumb things we are learning and most don't really care about the status or prestige. People want your attention when you have little to give. My advice is to find someone you like, stay with them, and the topic of this thread will come. Otherwise you'll have a lot of dry spells. Just not enough time to really do the whole casual dating thing/FWB super successfully.

Why is this thread still open and my medical school hotness rank is not these mods some haters and hateresses

• Haha
Why is it that people keep demanding that a fun thread like this be closed? Better than the “I have 260s/AOA/10+ pubs from a top school, do I have a shot matching” threads :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
I enjoy the periodic updates to this thread. I wonder if any medical student has slept with a preceptor.

• Haha
Why is it that people keep demanding that a fun thread like this be closed? Better than the “I have 260s/AOA/10+ pubs from a top school, do I have a shot matching” threads :laugh:

I know, I hate it when I voluntarily come into a thread and the content isn't what I want to read!!

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.