Sex life in medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to it honestly: they got together after the rotation was over. When my wife's friend broke it off, the attending didn't take it well but didn't actually do anything other than mope around.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Knew a lot of older doctors that would run through all the cute single nurses and techs. I don’t know why “women don’t care you’re a doctor” is said as gospel on here. Because I couldn’t imagine those geezers getting with those women any other way :laugh:

Knew a lot of older doctors that would run through all the cute single nurses and techs. I don’t know why “women don’t care you’re a doctor” is said as gospel on here. Because I couldn’t imagine those geezers getting with those women any other way :laugh:

I see way too many doctors bagging insta models to believe that it doesnt matter.

Oh please do tell how this unfolded
She was married at the time and made a lot of noise that she would be getting divorced to marry the PI.

SHE dumped the PI's ass as soon as she got the nice post doc position she wanted. Then went back to hubby.

THe PI actually left our school to take another position, expecting that she would be going to that school for her post doc.

He then wanted to come back to our school but had burned that bridge, alas.

She's now on faculty at Harvard, BTW.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
She was married at the time and made a lot of noise that she would be getting divorced to marry the PI.

SHE dumped the PI's ass as soon as she got the nice post doc position she wanted. Then went back to hubby.

THe PI actually left our school to take another position, expecting that she would be going to that school for her post doc.

How did this actually transpire though? Did people immediately find out? I imagine the dynamic is that lab must have been super weird after this happened

On a related note, a grad school classmate of mine slept with her PI.
When I was a grad student, one of my classmates (female) in my lab starting going out with a post-doc from our lab... now this was an alpha male, takes jiu jitsu, left ex-wife cause he found her banging another guy when he got home (still joint car title, that's a story for another time). Whenever she would mess up in lab, he would yell at her. Like it was weird cause I would be running a column while she was running some TLC plates. He would see her make a mistake and start yelling :mad: and I would just be sitting at my column like :angelic:. He would then come over to me and be like :mad: "SO WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?" and I would be like :eyebrow: uhh my column with this gradient I tested using reverse phase TLC with a standard of the product. This escalated to the point where we had to ask our PI to intervene and the other post-docs with wives had to take him aside and tell him to chill out. Eventually, this post-doc finished and moved on to patent law... and guess what... she master'ed out, followed him, and is now in BU dental.

I thought that was bad, but grad student and PI? Jesus save me now.

Edit: added some juicey stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a grad student, one of my classmates (female) in my lab starting going out with a post-doc from our lab... now this was an alpha male, takes jiu jitsu, left ex-wife cause he found her banging another guy when he got home (still joint car title, that's a story for another time). Whenever she would mess up in lab, he would yell at her. Like it was weird cause I would be running a column while she was running some TLC plates. He would see her make a mistake and start yelling :mad: and I would just be sitting at my column like :angelic:. He would then come over to me and be like :mad: "SO WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?" and I would be like :eyebrow: uhh my column with this gradient I tested using reverse phase TLC with a standard of the product. This escalated to the point where we had to ask our PI to intervene and the other post-docs with wives had to take him aside and tell him to chill out. Eventually, this post-doc finished and moved on to patent law... and guess what... she master'ed out, followed him, and is now in BU dental.

I thought that was bad, but grad student and PI?

Edit: added some juicey stuff
Yup, and in fact, she was pretty much done with the PI as soon as she defended her thesis, now that I recollect.

Members don't see this ad :)
Except that doesn't actually happen. I've seen far more male nurses with female nurses than male doctors.
Also, how do you even know what the attendings are doing privately? Not to mention *anyone* hitting on multiple women (even at a very large academic place) in a hospital would kill their reputation and risk an HR report.
I see way too many doctors bagging insta models to believe that it doesnt matter.
Keep dreaming son. You ain't the next Dr Mike or a fitness model.

Except that doesn't actually happen. I've seen far more male nurses with female nurses than male doctors.
Also, how do you even know what the attendings are doing privately? Not to mention *anyone* hitting on multiple women (even at a very large academic place) in a hospital would kill their reputation and risk an HR report.

Keep dreaming son. You ain't the next Dr Mike or a fitness model.

Bro, I had zero problem getting hit on by multiple female nurses or patients per day on my away as a fourth yr medical student. As a married guy with kids, I can assure you that I wasn’t directly or indirectly initiating the action.

In fact, a fellow auditioned student had zero problem getting plays on tinder on this away. He was not a good looking dude at all. He did have him wearing a white coat on his tinder profile pic.

Me think that you need to up your game baseline to an acceptable doctor level.

Bro, I had zero problem getting hit on by multiple female nurses or patients per day on my away as a fourth yr medical student. As a married guy with kids, I can assure you that I wasn’t directly or indirectly initiating the action.

In fact, a fellow auditioned student had zero problem getting plays on tinder on this away. He was not a good looking dude at all. He did have him wearing a white coat on his tinder profile pic.

Bro, I'm not single.

Getting hit on by older nurses and patients isn't anything special for a young average looking guy. And meeting people at your own level off Tinder isn't anything unique either.

You'll be lucky (as for any med student) if you end up at a residency where nurses and staff respect your medical decision making authority. And while being a doctor does a bit, you're not going to go from pulling average girls to super attractive ones because of it. Premed fantasies --> premed forums.

I hate the woman in this case and feel bad for both of the men in this case. Poor, poor husband.

Reactions: 3 users
Bro, I'm not single.

Getting hit on by older nurses and patients isn't anything special for a young average looking guy. And meeting people at your own level off Tinder isn't anything unique either.

You'll be lucky (as for any med student) if you end up at a residency where nurses and staff respect your medical decision making authority. And while being a doctor does a bit, you're not going to go from pulling average girls to super attractive ones because of it. Premed fantasies --> premed forums.

Who counts the grandmas on their scoreboard?

That’s beta talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Bro, I'm not single.

Disagree with this, if you’re half way decent looking dude, you’ll have plenty of opportunity, whether you wanna indulge is up to you. Very likely to get a reputation if you run through a lot of female staff. But you’ll def have a lot of prospects, to say otherwise is false, unless you’re downright ugly or autistic.

Your friend is autistic, putting a picture up with white coat will likely send out autistic vibe... most women would swipe left.

Your friend is autistic, putting a picture up with white coat will likely send out autistic vibe... most women would swipe left.

He is def autistic and he’s not a friend.

He did get plays and that’s what mattered to him and his happiness.

Disagree with this, if you’re half way decent looking dude, you’ll have plenty of opportunity, whether you wanna indulge is up to you. Very likely to get a reputation if you run through a lot of female staff. But you’ll def have a lot of prospects, to say otherwise is false, unless you’re downright ugly or autistic.
Opportunity with average-ish looking folks? Sure. That's not who the pre med/med student cohort is referring to.
You should have a shot with people on your own level just as long as you have semi-decent social skills and aren't a bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.