SGU 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cool! I interviewed on 9/21 so I guess I should be hearing back within the next week or so?:nailbiting: It’s nerve wrecking because both of you interviewed after me so now I’m nervous!

I’ve also emailed them a lot because I had issues with my application!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody interview for the January 2019 start ? I did on 10/10/18 and was told last week the committee would be meeting "within the week" to evaluate my application. I haven't heard anything yet.

It depends on when the interviewer submits his or her interview summary and notes, not when you interviewed!

Yes, I am aware of this but I assume she submitted right after the interview because I received the “Final Determination” email from Krista on 9/24.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you guys have any questions about SGU, you can shoot me a message. I'm a current Term 1 student. :)

Was told they are expediting my application review process. Anybody else heard anything like this? I'm terrified. The only reason I can think they would do this is that I applied for the Jan 2019 start time and have a baby that will need daycare on the island.

I interviewed 10/30 and still haven't received the "final determination" email, although she said she would submit it the day after. :( I'm getting so impatient lol

I interviewed 10/30 and still haven't received the "final determination" email, although she said she would submit it the day after. :( I'm getting so impatient lol

Mine told me she was going to submit it later that day and then didn't for a week and a half, so don't worry

Okay lol good to hear. I'm so anxious to hear back so I just want things to keep moving on smoothly!
I emailed just to make sure everything was fine because I'm paranoid and she gave me the week I'd be expected to hear back, so if you want to decrease you're anxiety, they might give you the week you'd expect an answer so you don't keep checking lol

I emailed just to make sure everything was fine because I'm paranoid and she gave me the week I'd be expected to hear back, so if you want to decrease you're anxiety, they might give you the week you'd expect an answer so you don't keep checking lol
I did email Krista and all she said was "we're still waiting for your interview to be finalized and submitted and then we can give you a timeline!" so pretty much, I just need my interviewer to hurry up at this point lol but I understand they probably have a lot to get done right now

Just got my "final determination email!" Now we wait :D

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my final determination email! Now the waiting begins...

Just got accepted to the January start date!!

Interviewing this week! eek!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted for the August 2019 term!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Yay! Congrats! When did you interview?
I'm a little late the the SDN game, but I interviewed on the 10th of September (super early) and heard back about 4 weeks after that!

For those that have got in and got their acceptance letter, how much is the deposit and how do you pay it?

^^Ditto! I still haven’t gotten my official stuff in the mail but based on previous threads the deposit is $500

Well I’m dumb. I went to the post office to see if mine came In Today... Veterans Day ‍♀️

For those of you that have not gotten your packet and/or are curious, the deposit is $400. It can be wired or a check can be mailed. The date it has to be in for the January term is November 15th (hence all my questions).

Question for those of you still waiting: I interviewed on 10/8, got the Final Determination email on 10/10, and still haven't heard anything. I called the admission office to ask if everything was ok with my application, and they said I should hear late November or early December, which puts me at 7-8 weeks instead of the "typical" 4-6. That wouldn't freak me out too much, except for the fact that it seems like some people interviewed after me and have already heard back for the August 2019 class ... anyone else in that spot?? I'm really nervous that there's a reason they haven't made a decision yet...

Question for those of you still waiting: I interviewed on 10/8, got the Final Determination email on 10/10, and still haven't heard anything. I called the admission office to ask if everything was ok with my application, and they said I should hear late November or early December, which puts me at 7-8 weeks instead of the "typical" 4-6. That wouldn't freak me out too much, except for the fact that it seems like some people interviewed after me and have already heard back for the August 2019 class ... anyone else in that spot?? I'm really nervous that there's a reason they haven't made a decision yet...
I wouldn’t stress! I had emailed Krista a lot throughout my application process so maybe she was tired of me contacting her. Also they probably have a large increase of applications right now!

Ugh I interviewed 10/30 so I'm sure I'm going to be waiting sooo long

I'm really anxious to hear back. I have an interview with Ross coming up but SGU is my top choice so I'm hoping I hear good news before then.

I interview on 9/21, final determination email on 9/24 and still haven’t heard anything back. I was feeling really anxious as well but if you look at last cycle’s thread on here, some of them interviewed in November but didn’t get an a decision (several were accepted) until February. Knowing that has calmed my nerves a lot!

Had my interview! Went well! Crossing fingers! Just about died though when I heard how much debt you come out with though lol.

Is anyone else’s biggest obstacle of them choosing a school if accepted, money?

Had my interview! Went well! Crossing fingers! Just about died though when I heard how much debt you come out with though lol.

Considering I’m an out of state applicant pretty much everywhere except LSU thanks to a contract it’s all the same.... but yes nightmares of student debt already.

That should be your top factor of where you choose to apply and attend. Don’t go to your “dream school” over somewhere else you get accepted if it puts you an extra 100k in debt.