SGU c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok, final thing for the night. Anyone know what happens if your LOR writers get lazy/don't mail something on time and it misses the deadline? One of my writers is the classic last minute professor. I would hope they just roll you into the next semester applicant pool, anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

FTB- I'm thrilled you are applying!!! YAY! As for the passport picture, I emailed Krista a picture that I had on my computer and that was fine. It wasn't even a real passport pic, just a random head shot that I had.

FTB- I'm thrilled you are applying!!! YAY! As for the passport picture, I emailed Krista a picture that I had on my computer and that was fine. It wasn't even a real passport pic, just a random head shot that I had.

You know you were a big part of getting me to do it. ;)

I got an e-mail saying I can e-mail them the pics this morning. I also may get rolled into the Jan class if my LOR writers don't get their letters in. Which is cool with me as long as I get considered at SOME point lol. Off to get head shots taken, as the only ones I have are glamour shots....

Members don't see this ad :)
You know you were a big part of getting me to do it. ;)

I got an e-mail saying I can e-mail them the pics this morning. I also may get rolled into the Jan class if my LOR writers don't get their letters in. Which is cool with me as long as I get considered at SOME point lol. Off to get head shots taken, as the only ones I have are glamour shots....

YAY!!!! I really don't think it matters what kinda pic you have. Mine was just a close up of me smiling on my vacation. I was in a tank top!! I am being reevaluated to start the DVM program right away instead of doing the foundation program, but I may very well end up in the January class as well!!

Still haven't heard anything back...anxiously waiting.

YAY!!!! I really don't think it matters what kinda pic you have. Mine was just a close up of me smiling on my vacation. I was in a tank top!! I am being reevaluated to start the DVM program right away instead of doing the foundation program, but I may very well end up in the January class as well!!

I had some lovely passport shots taken today, very professional in my work suit lol but I am smiling at least.
One of my LOR writers did actually send their letter today so that means I might be considered for August- all they need is one of the letters to start reviewing me and if it left IN today it will make it to NY by Thursday-Fri.

Didn't you interview back in march or april????

Nope. I interviewed in February :/ They had to wait for my final transcript but they got that May 15th. I think I will contact them to see what's going on just in case I was misplaced again haha.

Nope. I interviewed in February :/ They had to wait for my final transcript but they got that May 15th. I think I will contact them to see what's going on just in case I was misplaced again haha.

Oh great, that means I'm gonna be waiting for freakin ever too, since I JUST sent mine in. Ergghhhhh.

Drwildlife, I sure hope you hear soon! I interviewed end of April and heard back end of May, so that seems strange you haven't! I am scowling at them for you >.< !

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the experience list like a CV? There was a section in the online application for volunteer experience/employment that I filled out. If they want a resume/curriculum vitae as well I can stick that in the mail with the passport photo/passport page on Monday.

Jeffrey answered one of my questions but not the others. Thanks for your help!

I submitted a resume along with a breakdown of hours at each place I worked.. or possibly may have did a breakdown of hours between large animal/small animal

I ended up giving a basic breakdown of hours and procedures observed in the online entry area and will be supplementing that by e-mailing my resume. Aagh, so much stuff - will they be annoyed/ disregard stuff if I give them more than basic info?

Does anyone know what SGU's/Grenada's stance is own pet birds? I want to apply but I have a CAG that must go where I do.

TIA

I received an email today saying that they were considering me for an interview; how long after you all got this email did you hear whether you got an interview? Sorry for the crazy run-on sentence!

Still no word from SGU. :( Been waiting since the 31st. How long did you all have to wait before you heard somthing?

Does anyone know what SGU's/Grenada's stance is own pet birds? I want to apply but I have a CAG that must go where I do.

TIA
I would recommend you contact the school and the Grenadian authorities. They will have much more concrete answers for you than the forum. I wish I had better info for you.

I would recommend you contact the school and the Grenadian authorities. They will have much more concrete answers for you than the forum. I wish I had better info for you.

and by the school, contact the NY office. they deal with admissions. if you contact grenada, you will get no answers, fun accents to interpret over the phone with people who have no idea what to tell you, and a very large phone bill for calling internationally ;)

and by the school, contact the NY office. they deal with admissions. if you contact grenada, you will get no answers, fun accents to interpret over the phone with people who have no idea what to tell you, and a very large phone bill for calling internationally ;)

Okay, thanks guys! I have looked everywhere but not having any luck.

Submitted online app, paid fee.
Sent all supporting documentation last week. Also sent some via e-mail to Krista.

Now we wait to see.
I hope my essays are not too crappy.

Good luck FTB!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!! :xf::luck:

Submitted online app, paid fee.
Sent all supporting documentation last week. Also sent some via e-mail to Krista.

Now we wait to see.
I hope my essays are not too crappy.

EEEEEeeeeeEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Now we both sit and wait.... keep the drinks coming!! :scared::scared::scared::luck::luck::luck:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I am excited to inform you all that I have been ACCEPTED INTO THE VETERINARY MEDICAL FOUNDATION STARTING IN AUGUST!

I am too thrilled to contain it right now. But, now I face such a horrible decision. Should I defer at this point? If I stay I get to publish my tiger vocalization research which is one of the first of its kind.

Can people who are starting in August please send me a private message to discuss the details of my "questioning" farther? I need helpppp.

But...AHHH I'M ACCEPTED!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I am excited to inform you all that I have been ACCEPTED INTO THE VETERINARY MEDICAL FOUNDATION STARTING IN AUGUST!

I am too thrilled to contain it right now. But, now I face such a horrible decision. Should I defer at this point? If I stay I get to publish my tiger vocalization research which is one of the first of its kind.

Can people who are starting in August please send me a private message to discuss the details of my "questioning" farther? I need helpppp.

But...AHHH I'M ACCEPTED!

Congrats so much DrWildlife! I was so gunning for you! YOU'RE GOING TO BE A VET!!!

Congrats so much DrWildlife! I was so gunning for you! YOU'RE GOING TO BE A VET!!!

You're going to make me cry hahah. I never thought I would hear that. Wow...

Ay! Carumba!
My status page is Incomplete for Review with just about everything listed as missing still.
It should all be there, does this mean I should bug Krista?
Anyone else have trouble getting a hold of someone on the phone in NY? I feel like I am constantly playing phone tag.

DRWILDLIFE I am BEYOND thrilled for you!!!!!!! The wait is over!!!!! :biglove::biglove::biglove: What an amazing feeling!!! Congrats!!!! :D:D:D

DRWILDLIFE I am BEYOND thrilled for you!!!!!!! The wait is over!!!!! :biglove::biglove::biglove: What an amazing feeling!!! Congrats!!!! :D:D:D

I am tooooo! Thanks to all of you for putting up with me throughout all of this haha.

Sadly, after looking through the materials they sent me, I cannot start in August. I thought the acceptance into the foundation program would allow me to take Biochemistry on their campus (in order to better my grade) but it doesnt. And since my university does not offer Biochemistry in the summer I will have to wait another semester before SGU :(

I am still provisionally accepted though which means I could start in January! I just will not be there in the fall for the foundation program. Soo sad and woooooo at the same time! :love:

Still no word about an interview. Dr.Wildlife There is an online Biochemistry course that SGU accepts. You do the class at your own pace, so if you are a really fast worker, you may be able to complete it in 5 weeks!. I will try to find the website so I can post it on here for you. If not, if I get an interview and get accepted, we would be starting the same semester!

I am tooooo! Thanks to all of you for putting up with me throughout all of this haha.

Sadly, after looking through the materials they sent me, I cannot start in August. I thought the acceptance into the foundation program would allow me to take Biochemistry on their campus (in order to better my grade) but it doesnt. And since my university does not offer Biochemistry in the summer I will have to wait another semester before SGU :(

I am still provisionally accepted though which means I could start in January! I just will not be there in the fall for the foundation program. Soo sad and woooooo at the same time! :love:
What does this mean for your research? Can you publish by Jan?

What does this mean for your research? Can you publish by Jan?

It means I can try to get it published by then - I should be able to! Plus, it means that I may be able to get bumped up and go direct into the vet program in January. I'm still accepted I just have to be re-reviewed. Which I'm fine with :love:

It means I can try to get it published by then - I should be able to! Plus, it means that I may be able to get bumped up and go direct into the vet program in January. I'm still accepted I just have to be re-reviewed. Which I'm fine with :love:
Awesomesauce!

I am a drama/attention *****, I wanna know NOW and it's killing me that my status page is incomplete/ the only things it shows received are the essays and signature page. The nice lady in admissions said they did get my payment and that they're swamped right now but in a few weeks all should be resolved. But last week Krista said I'd get an e-mail this week. *pout*

Argh. Not gonna be that person who e-mails he every day. Guess I get to wait till next Thursday to pester again. I'm just so nervous.

Awesomesauce!

I am a drama/attention *****, I wanna know NOW and it's killing me that my status page is incomplete/ the only things it shows received are the essays and signature page. The nice lady in admissions said they did get my payment and that they're swamped right now but in a few weeks all should be resolved. But last week Krista said I'd get an e-mail this week. *pout*

Argh. Not gonna be that person who e-mails he every day. Guess I get to wait till next Thursday to pester again. I'm just so nervous.

I know, I'm waiting too and it blows. Krista can't really do much more than what she's already doing, but she is incredibly good about replying to worrisome emails even when she has no news for you... Just passes the time really. We'll get there!!! :thumbup:

Hi I am new to the forum and I have also applied to SGU and waiting to hear back. I applied back in February but just got my final transcript and GRE scores to Krista about 3 weeks ago or so. Does anyone know when the deadline for them to give us a final yes or no? I am stressing out and trying to make future plans and I cant until I hear!

Hi I am new to the forum and I have also applied to SGU and waiting to hear back. I applied back in February but just got my final transcript and GRE scores to Krista about 3 weeks ago or so. Does anyone know when the deadline for them to give us a final yes or no? I am stressing out and trying to make future plans and I cant until I hear!

It depends on when you hear back, honestly. For people who are wait listed, they may not hear back until right before school, so in that case a deadline doesn't really exist. I recently got an email saying the deadline is July 6th, but obviously if you get accepted after that then you would be an exception. Good luck!