SGU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I took myself off the August waitlist and just paid my deposit for January!
I just did the same thing! Hello fellow January 2022 classmate!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
How do I turn in the acknowledgement of admission form? Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be declining my seat for this upcoming August class! Hopefully this will open a spot for someone on the waitlist!

I know I mentioned this before but has anyone with large dogs figured out how they plan to fly them to the island? I know on the Ross page people were organizing private charters and splitting the cost. Wondering if anyone has seen talk about that for SGU at all? I have an 80 pound lab mix with epilepsy and just worried about flying her in cargo (which I know they don’t do if the temp is above 80 either way). Now that they took away the emotional support dogs being able to fly it’s way more difficult to get them there

I know I mentioned this before but has anyone with large dogs figured out how they plan to fly them to the island? I know on the Ross page people were organizing private charters and splitting the cost. Wondering if anyone has seen talk about that for SGU at all? I have an 80 pound lab mix with epilepsy and just worried about flying her in cargo (which I know they don’t do if the temp is above 80 either way). Now that they took away the emotional support dogs being able to fly it’s way more difficult to get them there
I have a large dog too. It has been rough trying to find options :/ honestly it is a huge factor for me and it's swaying my decision. Let me know if you hear of something!

I have a large dog too. It has been rough trying to find options :/ honestly it is a huge factor for me and it's swaying my decision. Let me know if you hear of something!
Yeah I have 3 large dogs and a husband 😬 I went ahead and put my deposit down and hoping for the best haha

Hey guys I think SGU is working on getting a charter for a pet-friendly flight. I have a large dog too.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys I think SGU is working on getting a charter for a pet-friendly flight. I have a large dog too.
Oh that would be awesome where did you see that information??

Hey everyone- my friend who currently attends SGU sent me this surgery from the school. If you are planning on bringing pets please fill it out because it could then turn into having them supply us charter flights!

I just got pulled off the waitlist for Michigan State so I will be declining my seat for the January 2022 class! Good luck on your journey everyone, I know you guys are gonna be great vets :)

I got pulled from the waitlist from LMU so I’m declining my seat for Aug 2021.

Anyone know the best way to find off campus housing. I know there’s a bunch of apartments right next to campus and I’ve looked into some but they’re a bit expensive for me. Thanks for any info!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the best way to find off campus housing. I know there’s a bunch of apartments right next to campus and I’ve looked into some but they’re a bit expensive for me. Thanks for any info!!
There's a facebook page you can join called SGU Off Campus Housing Classifieds. A lot of landlords and realestate people post housing to this page for students.

Hey I had a quick question. What’re you guys doing for phone plans, is there one everyone uses or just an international plan with your US plan? Thanks!

Hey I had a quick question. What’re you guys doing for phone plans, is there one everyone uses or just an international plan with your US plan? Thanks!
So you can get a phone plan with a new sim card on the island from companies digicel or flow. Some people like to do international plans through like T-mobile. I personally just use Whatsapp and have my phone on airplane mode while on the island. Only downside to Whatsapp is that you have to have wifi for it to work, but most places on the island have public wifi.

Hey guys just had a question if anyone here knows. I’ll be living off campus this August and have been looking for an apartment on the Facebook group. I did find one that I like and have been back and forth with the realtor, and asked what she needs from me to get the lease signed and so on. She mentioned that I can send payments via western union or money gram, and that kind of made me a bit skeptical of the whole thing because whenever western union is involved that’s a huge red flag for me as it’s not very secure and is used by a lot of scammers. Is using western union or money gram common for Granada when renting apartments? Thanks!!

Hey guys just had a question if anyone here knows. I’ll be living off campus this August and have been looking for an apartment on the Facebook group. I did find one that I like and have been back and forth with the realtor, and asked what she needs from me to get the lease signed and so on. She mentioned that I can send payments via western union or money gram, and that kind of made me a bit skeptical of the whole thing because whenever western union is involved that’s a huge red flag for me as it’s not very secure and is used by a lot of scammers. Is using western union or money gram common for Granada when renting apartments? Thanks!!
I'm not sure how common it is, but I will say sometimes setting up renting from places on the island seems sketchy. Most forms of deposits/rent are very landlord dependent on what they decide they want to use. I have previously used US check or PayPal when I was on the island. When I was looking for an apartment for this August semester, I paid my deposit via Venmo and my first/last months rent via credit card through a link they sent me. It doesn't hurt to ask the person you're in contact with if there is another payment option due to previous issues with Western Union. Also, always make sure to ask how they want monthly rent to be paid because that can sometimes make things difficult if you weren't prepared beforehand (ei- creditcard vs cash vs US check).

I'm not sure how common it is, but I will say sometimes setting up renting from places on the island seems sketchy. Most forms of deposits/rent are very landlord dependent on what they decide they want to use. I have previously used US check or PayPal when I was on the island. When I was looking for an apartment for this August semester, I paid my deposit via Venmo and my first/last months rent via credit card through a link they sent me. It doesn't hurt to ask the person you're in contact with if there is another payment option due to previous issues with Western Union. Also, always make sure to ask how they want monthly rent to be paid because that can sometimes make things difficult if you weren't prepared beforehand (ei- creditcard vs cash vs US check).
Okay great thanks a lot this makes me feel better about the situation.

Hey everyone! Congrats on your acceptances! I hope I’m not intruding, but I just applied and got offered an interview. What was the interview like? Also, when you had to reach out to the interviewer to set up the interview, how long did it take for them to reply to you? Thank you and I’m sorry for being a bother and intruding!!!

Hey everyone! Congrats on your acceptances! I hope I’m not intruding, but I just applied and got offered an interview. What was the interview like? Also, when you had to reach out to the interviewer to set up the interview, how long did it take for them to reply to you? Thank you and I’m sorry for being a bother and intruding!!!
I also just got an interview invite so wondering the same thing! I emailed my interviewer the night I got the invitation, and she replied to me by the next morning, although I'm sure it varies depending on who the interviewer is.

I also just got an interview invite so wondering the same thing! I emailed my interviewer the night I got the invitation, and she replied to me by the next morning, although I'm sure it varies depending on who the interviewer is.
When I sent an email regarding my interview, it took about three days for my interviewer to get back to me, but our session was scheduled for two days after that. It will depend on your individual interviewer! I heard a decision back about a month after that. Good luck and congratulations on your interview invites!

When I sent an email regarding my interview, it took about three days for my interviewer to get back to me, but our session was scheduled for two days after that. It will depend on your individual interviewer! I heard a decision back about a month after that. Good luck and congratulations on your interview invites!
What was the interview like?

What was the interview like?
It was honestly the most laid back and conversational interview I had! My interviewer was wearing a sweatshirt😂I expected it to last about 20 min, but our conversation made it last an hour. Don't be nervous! It's easier said than done of course, but hopefully your interviewer will do their best to make you feel comfortable. Don't forget to also ask questions!

It was honestly the most laid back and conversational interview I had! My interviewer was wearing a sweatshirt😂I expected it to last about 20 min, but our conversation made it last an hour. Don't be nervous! It's easier said than done of course, but hopefully your interviewer will do their best to make you feel comfortable. Don't forget to also ask questions!
Are the interviewers professors or just alumni?

Really nervous about how my interview went, mainly because I see a lot of people here saying their interviews were an hour long, mine was only around 30 minutes. I feel like I didn't elaborate enough and I might've messed up my chances 😕

Hey everyone… when interviewed and if asked how you planned to pay for veterinary school? Is it wrong to say loans

Really nervous about how my interview went, mainly because I see a lot of people here saying their interviews were an hour long, mine was only around 30 minutes. I feel like I didn't elaborate enough and I might've messed up my chances 😕
Mine was also only 30 min which is leaving me feel a bit nervous aswell. I’m not sure though it seemed like my interviewer was tired when it started cause she was yawning when introducing herself. I’m hoping for the best though

My interview was also 30 mins but I feel like I elaborated and asked tons of questions. I’m sure you all did great. Now we all get to let our anxiety build while we wait 😂

My interview was also 30 mins but I feel like I elaborated and asked tons of questions. I’m sure you all did great. Now we all get to let our anxiety build while we wait 😂
Do we think final decisions really take 12 weeks like the email states? It’s not even been 2 weeks and I want an update 😂

Do we think final decisions really take 12 weeks like the email states? It’s not even been 2 weeks and I want an update 😂
I read somewhere that the admissions comittee meets up every 6 weeks to review all submitted applications and depending where you are in that 6 week cycle is when you find out. I’m not 100% positive though, i’m very ancy to find out as well

I read somewhere that the admissions comittee meets up every 6 weeks to review all submitted applications and depending where you are in that 6 week cycle is when you find out. I’m not 100% positive though, i’m very ancy to find out as well
They did say feel free to email for updates….I’m just debating what’s appropriate 😂

Just received an acceptance email!!! Only took about 3 weeks after my interview. Also goes to show I was overthinking my interview, so don't worry too much if it felt short everyone else. I still have a lot of other schools I haven't even heard from yet, but I'm super happy to at least have one acceptance.

Just received an acceptance email!!! Only took about 3 weeks after my interview. Also goes to show I was overthinking my interview, so don't worry too much if it felt short everyone else. I still have a lot of other schools I haven't even heard from yet, but I'm super happy to at least have one acceptance.
Congrats! Time is a blur and I just panic checked the calendar to count weeks and check my email 😂

Congratulations 🎉

I just got an email for acceptance, it’s for the FTV program but I’ll take it!

Hey everyone I am looking for someone who might have more information in regards to the FTV program. Trying to understand the cost mostly. Please PM me if you have information

Hey everyone I am looking for someone who might have more information in regards to the FTV program. Trying to understand the cost mostly. Please PM me
If you look up Brittney Kilgore on YouTube, she makes videos about the FTV program and I'm pretty sure she talks about paying for the program. I personally did not go through the FTV program, but I do know you have to take out private loans to cover the costs.

If you look up Brittney Kilgore on YouTube, she makes videos about the FTV program and I'm pretty sure she talks about paying for the program. I personally did not go through the FTV program, but I do know you have to take out private loans to cover the costs.
Thank you