Oct 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I interviewed Oct 11 but my materials weren’t submitted until Nov 5th I think! And it took a while for reality to set in but I’m actually really excited now. The possibility of a January start will give me plenty of time to hear from the waitlists of other schools and also I’ll have a few months to work and chill before starting vet school (which will be much needed after the last year lol) Congrats on your acceptance!! :)
Yes!!!! I interviewed Oct 26th Omg so when I got the e-mail today I was in lab and it's FOUR HOURS LONG so I had to try to hold my excitement in....... It still really hasn't hit me yet that like IM GOING TO BECOME A VETERINARIAN NOW!!! Lol. I would love to go in the fall because that's my original plan but I am also a LVT so the extra months to work and get more experience is always great too! Congrats to you!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Jan 30, 2020
I got the email today to say I was accepted but waitlisted for August 2021 haha apart from that, I am very happy to know that this time next year, one way or another, I will be in Vet School at SGU :happy:
For those interested, I am waitlisted at 152 lol

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Dec 8, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Congratulations guys!!! Do they mean the fall is full with seats offered even though most haven’t accepted their seats yet? I’m not sure how fast the waitlist moves especially with covid so I’m kind of curious on that!

About the Ads

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Accepted but wait listed for Spring 2022!! I can't believe the class is full already, I bet you schools had no idea COVID would bring so many more applicants. Congrats everyone! This was my first acceptance. 🐾
Spring 2022? Does that mean January? Has anyone that interviewed in December or January received an acceptance?

Jul 26, 2020
Congratulations guys!!! Do they mean the fall is full with seats offered even though most haven’t accepted their seats yet? I’m not sure how fast the waitlist moves especially with covid so I’m kind of curious on that!
I believe it is full with seats offered. I haven’t accepted my offer for fall 2021 yet as I am waiting to hear back from us schools first. I imagine there are lots of people in the same boat as me. I’m not sure how fast it will go, but once all the offers go out from us schools spots will definitely open up.

Reactions: 3 users
Dec 8, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I believe it is full with seats offered. I haven’t accepted my offer for fall 2021 yet as I am waiting to hear back from us schools first. I imagine there are lots of people in the same boat as me. I’m not sure how fast it will go, but once all the offers go out from us schools spots will definitely open up.
That’s awesome! Have you interviewed anywhere? I’m waiting to accept my fall seat as well. It’s my only acceptance (I’ve been rejected from the other schools already) just trying to figure out their new dogs airline rules and how to get 3 pups and a husband out to Grenada haha

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
That’s awesome! Have you interviewed anywhere? I’m waiting to accept my fall seat as well. It’s my only acceptance (I’ve been rejected from the other schools already) just trying to figure out their new dogs airline rules and how to get 3 pups and a husband out to Grenada haha
I think dogs have to travel cargo. I have 2 dogs and a bird to take. I am looking into having a pet transport company arrange for the dogs. The bird is the tricky one for me since only Delta allows birds in the cabin. I am a little concerned about him traveling in cargo. I haven't been accepted yet and a little worried I haven't heard but I did just an interview in January. Crossing my fingers as my GPA is not super strong.

Dec 8, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I think dogs have to travel cargo. I have 2 dogs and a bird to take. I am looking into having a pet transport company arrange for the dogs. The bird is the tricky one for me since only Delta allows birds in the cabin. I am a little concerned about him traveling in cargo. I haven't been accepted yet and a little worried I haven't heard but I did just an interview in January. Crossing my fingers as my GPA is not super strong.
Unfortunately dogs can’t travel in the cargo to Grenada since the temps are too high year round. They are working around the clock to find a solution! I’m sure you’ll hear soon though, some people have interviewed earlier who are also still waiting. My GPA wasn’t strong either so stay hopeful :)

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I think that they have traveled cargo before. Where did you hear that they won't allow cargo? I am wondering if an early morning or red eye flight would allow cargo travel. I know animals have been shipped amerijet

Aug 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
They sent me an invitation to create my online portal before they sent my acceptance letter on accident. My acceptance didn’t send until I inquired about it, however that happened. I interviewed in October so if you haven’t heard don’t hesitate to follow up although I know many of you have.

• Wow
About the Ads

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Does anyone know if they sent out vet prep invitations yet for fall 2021?

Missxfurr

SGU c/o 2023
2+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Usually the waitlist moves quickly (or at least when I was on the waitlist it did). How quickly it moves depends on how many of those people got accepted to other schools. There's a chance for the waitlist to move a lot towards the universal acceptance date and after the acceptance date as other people get off waitlists from other schools.

Missxfurr

SGU c/o 2023
2+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I would also check in with Krista on Grenada's policies regarding bringing in exotic animals because I think they may have more strict guidelines on bringing them to the island.

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I would also check in with Krista on Grenada's policies regarding bringing in exotic animals because I think they may have more strict guidelines on bringing them to the island.
Thank-You! I already spoke with the ministry and it is just a different permit they sent me to fill out. There are a few more steps because he is an african grey. The difficult part is going to be getting his CITES permit in place and finding an airline that allows him to travel in cabin. If not, my two dogs and bird will have to be shipped via animal transport service like amerijet. I have no options for anyone to take care of them. Do you know if Delta flies to Grenada? They allow birds in cabin. I really hope to hear soon! I gotta sell my house and will need that money if I have to do the vet prep program since I have noone to cosign on a private loan. Luckily I have a few interested parties in my house and since I live adjacent to Iowa State Universities Vet School the homes turnover quick. I just hope to hear soon so I can officially put it up for sale. How do you like Grenada and SGU?

Missxfurr

SGU c/o 2023
2+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I'm glad you've looked into it! I just haven't had anyone I know at SGU bring any exotic animals to school with them because they said regulations didn't allow them to. I believe delta does fly to Grenada, but they are very seasonal about when they have flights. This was when I first started a couple years ago, so they may have changed if they fly there or not. I've been usually taking American Airlines, but I don't bring any pets with me.
I really like SGU. Honestly the professors care so much and are so passionate about what they teach it makes the experience so great. They are so encouraging and always open to helping you if you are struggling in any way. They have changed how the curriculum is shaped after my class, so I can't speak accurately for how your classes will go, but I love how they have it set up to where everything you learn builds on each other and you will always see something you learn again in a different aspect.
The island of Grenada is such a beautiful place to live and study. There's so many places to explore like waterfalls, beaches, rum distilleries, and chocolate makers. The weather is usually always great with the sun shining, but there are wet/dry seasons so it will have more rain and clouds in the wet season. Also just expect to always be sweaty and glistening from the constant humidity. The only other thing I would add is to also keep in mind that this is a third world country and while some aspect are like American, there are also other things that aren't as up to speed. But overall a wonderful place to learn to be a vet! Plus the perks of always having a nice view to look at when you're sad or overwhelmed.

Oct 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I got the email today to say I was accepted but waitlisted for August 2021 haha apart from that, I am very happy to know that this time next year, one way or another, I will be in Vet School at SGU :happy:
For those interested, I am waitlisted at 152 lol
one behind me and I can tell you right now that I am not committed to anywhere yet! Waiting on 2 others :)

About the Ads
Oct 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
is anybody else that's been accepted still feeling like it's all so surreal????!!! When I say I'm going to be a vet I mean like.... I'm legit going to vet school. This is so crazy. I hope everyone never gives up on their dream !

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Feb 15, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Anyone get accepted for the Veterinary Foundation Program with admittance in Jan 2022? What are your thoughts on it? I keep checking their website for more information, but I don't see any. I'm conflicted on how to feel about it.

Jun 9, 2020
Anyone get accepted for the Veterinary Foundation Program with admittance in Jan 2022? What are your thoughts on it? I keep checking their website for more information, but I don't see any. I'm conflicted on how to feel about it.
I just got accepted as well and would like others opinions! It appears it’s just an additional semester? I feel 50/50 on it.

Dec 12, 2020
I was watching a YouTube video about it and the girl in it enjoyed it as it’s very similar to first semester material

About the Ads
Oct 26, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I was watching a YouTube video about it and the girl in it enjoyed it as it’s very similar to first semester material
I know someone that goes to SGU right now and she has classmates who did the VetPrepProgram before hand... as long as you keep above a 3.0 I believe, your semester in Vet Prep then the next semester you are automatically enrolled into the DVM program.

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I know someone that goes to SGU right now and she has classmates who did the VetPrepProgram before hand... as long as you keep above a 3.0 I believe, your semester in Vet Prep then the next semester you are automatically enrolled into the DVM program.
I think you have to pass an exam as well

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I just got accepted as well and would like others opinions! It appears it’s just an additional semester? I feel 50/50 on it.
Meema98: When did you interview?
I also do know that you cannot get federal aid for the vet prep program so you do have to pay tuition or go the private loan route which usually requires a cosigner. I spoke with financial aid and this is what they told me.

Jun 9, 2020
Meema98: When did you interview?
I also do know that you cannot get federal aid for the vet prep program so you do have to pay tuition or go the private loan route which usually requires a cosigner. I spoke with financial aid and this is what they told me.
I interviewed the end of October but I emailed krista two days ago because I hadn’t heard anything.
I also have a friend I used to work with that’s there right now and also did the prep program and he says he’s so grateful he did it. From what I understand you have to take one semester of classes, pass those finals plus an additional exam and as long as you pass you’re guaranteed admission into the January class. I’m waitlisted for a US school but if I don’t get in I will do the prep program after talking to my friend. Either way I will be a DVM one day!!

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I
I interviewed the end of October but I emailed krista two days ago because I hadn’t heard anything.
I also have a friend I used to work with that’s there right now and also did the prep program and he says he’s so grateful he did it. From what I understand you have to take one semester of classes, pass those finals plus an additional exam and as long as you pass you’re guaranteed admission into the January class. I’m waitlisted for a US school but if I don’t get in I will do the prep program after talking to my friend. Either way I will be a DVM one day!!
Awesome! So did you get into the prep program for August? I applied really late and not through VMCAS. Krista said I should hear in March since it takes 6-8 weeks. The wait is so difficult! I did not apply anywhere else.

Jun 9, 2020
I

Awesome! So did you get into the prep program for August? I applied really late and not through VMCAS. Krista said I should hear in March since it takes 6-8 weeks. The wait is so difficult! I did not apply anywhere else.
Yes I got into the august prep program. Good luck! I hope you get in!

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Yes I got into the august prep program. Good luck! I hope you get in!
Me too! Hopefully, we will be classmates but I am a little concerned about the COVID restrictions and no pets being able to enter the country. I really hope that is not a problem come August.

Dec 3, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Me too! Hopefully, we will be classmates but I am a little concerned about the COVID restrictions and no pets being able to enter the country. I really hope that is not a problem come August.
From what I’ve heard the plan is to be in person in the fall! And they’re working on a solution for the pet transportation issue, I’m thankful that my parents are willing and able to keep my boy for me but that’s not an option for everyone!

Jun 9, 2020
The new student paperwork I received made it seem like it would not be difficult to bring your pets? And it sounds like they expect the campus to be open come fall.

Missxfurr

SGU c/o 2023
2+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
The new student paperwork I received made it seem like it would not be difficult to bring your pets? And it sounds like they expect the campus to be open come fall.
Usually it's not difficult to bring pets to the island, but with the airlines changing ESA regulations it is now becoming difficult for people to find airlines willing to allow pets in the cabin. They are also really hoping to bring students back, but they also said that about last semester so it's just a waiting game for decisions between the school and Grenadian government. I'm interested to see if they allow all or only certain terms back since there are thousands of students that attend SGU between the vet, med, and undergraduate studies.

7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
From what I’ve heard the plan is to be in person in the fall! And they’re working on a solution for the pet transportation issue, I’m thankful that my parents are willing and able to keep my boy for me but that’s not an option for everyone!
Yeah not an option for me :(. My dad is 74 and my mom is 71. I have 2 large dogs. They also can't handle my African Grey. I just hope they figure something out for big dogs.

Aug 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I am really concerned with the pet situation. Between my significant other and I, there are 3 cats. I'm really questioning if I should wait til the spring to start (if this is something they would allow granted I was given Fall acceptance). I was really shocked to not get into my IS school so I haven't researched as much as I should have about the move to SGU. Not being able to bring my pets is really a conundrum.

Missxfurr

SGU c/o 2023
2+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I am really concerned with the pet situation. Between my significant other and I, there are 3 cats. I'm really questioning if I should wait til the spring to start (if this is something they would allow granted I was given Fall acceptance). I was really shocked to not get into my IS school so I haven't researched as much as I should have about the move to SGU. Not being able to bring my pets is really a conundrum.
Cats are usually easier to bring because they are able to be in a carrier under the seat in front of you. The only issue for you is that you have 3 cats, so depending on the airline they may allow 2 smaller cats to be in the same carrier. Other airlines might only allow one cat per carrier and also only one pet per person, so you may have to end up finding a third person to travel down with you in order to bring all 3 cats.

Dec 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Hello Future Vets: I was accepted for the august class, is there a fb group or group chat for those accepted?
Cant wait to see you all in august.

vetcote

c/o 2025
2+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Does anyone have any advice for interviews? Also any idea on how difficult getting a labrador down to grenada would be. He has to go where I go and I'm having so much anxiety about the amount of dogs that die in cargo.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.