Sherlock WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That whole "lynch people near the end of wildcat vote" seemed totally bogus.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see dolphins!!!!! Yay!!!!

Moms giving me death look. Must leave. Almost in Avalon!

Take down that wolf!!!

Alright, it's lunch time and I'd like to give krist a chance to get on to defend herself. We'll see what happens in a bit.

Sing and dance... the pretty lights. I heard that elephants like small round pillows. OMG!!!1!!1!!!!11!!1!!! shiny lights! the lights the lights the liiiiiiiiiiightssssssssssss. I'm an accident waiting to happen...

I smell wolf poop...

lynch krist

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
And to answer SOV's question - no, wldlf didn't really talk to me. Or to heylo from what she said. :oops:

Btw, didn't wldlfstdnt say she had a role and you don't want to lynch her??
I felt that would be a cover for wolves, but obviously she was NOT a wolf.

Is it too much to think wolves would pick up on that and want to take her out?

Oh course they're probably looking for any clues to find important players to kill.

So one of my biggest typos is typing "oh course" instead of "of course." Happens to me every time. Forgot to double check.

Well, we passed plurality and are only missing 3 votes, so voting is closed and results are pending.

Official Vote Tally:

krist - 8
(SOV, DVMD, TW, heylodeb, kakuru, orcagirl, Jam, nohika)

Two more deaths in one night? And one of them the famous Sherlock Holmes?! The officers were stunned at this turn of events, but SOV brought them hope when he declared, “Lynch krist! Last night I discovered that she is Jim Moriarty!” Incensed that she had fooled them for so long, almost everyone present quickly cried out for her blood.

You have lynched krist, otherwise known as Jim Moriarty, the consulting criminal, an Organization member who was able to recruit new Organization members from among the Yarders!

Not including Head Officer Sheeps, 11 players remain:
Pink Division
1. TigerWillow
2. PetPony - John Watson, the army doctor
3. SnS - Irene Adler, the Woman
4. zanydogz - Seb Wilkes

Banker Division
1. krist - Jim Moriarty, the consulting criminal
2. DVMDream
3. SOV
4. CorporateFatCat - Angelo

Game Division
1. nohika
2. heylodeb
3. wldlfstdnt - Sherlock Holmes, the consulting detective
4. Abney - Mike Stamford

Scandal Division
1. LIS
2. dyachei - Greg Lestrade, the Detective Inspector
3. devyn - Soo Lin Yao
4. abbercadaver - Sebastian Moran, the sniper

Hounds Division
1. orcagirl
2. kakurubird
3. Jamr0ckin
4. wildcatj - Andrew West

Reichenbach Division
1. Dandelion18 - D.I. Dimmock
2. Philliab
3. holdonhope - Sarah Sawyer
4. ksmi117

It is now Night 7. Please PM with your night actions. Night closes at 9 pm CDT or when all PMs have been received.

Yay!! We got another wolf!! I can't believe we've only gotten two of them so far though. So if the converter is dead and the only night without a death was night 1 (if I remember correctly), then in theory there might have been a conversion that night. Otherwise we should be on all original wolves.

Does anyone think with the two deaths, the wolves are killing because of their ability to kill and then they also have a weapon?

First, what the heck? :confused: I can't believe that SnS didn't mention that she was neutral even after I brought it up in my post. Then again, at least we didn't lose another villager, and, in a way, she was a potential wolf.

The way I view neutrals (other than 'lame') is "they can't hurt us, but they also can't help us" ... so we might as well use them as wolf fodder.

So from that point of view, I'd have preferred a wolf (obviously), but SnS was the next best thing. :)

Yay!! We got another wolf!! I can't believe we've only gotten two of them so far though. So if the converter is dead and the only night without a death was night 1 (if I remember correctly), then in theory there might have been a conversion that night. Otherwise we should be on all original wolves.

Does anyone think with the two deaths, the wolves are killing because of their ability to kill and then they also have a weapon?

Night ONE?!? That seems ridiculously early

I think in my game I had converting as the same night as killing. So it could be that 1) we got the wolf before she converted anyone or 2) we can't all be sure of who we trust.

Woah. Not only did y'all get a wolf, you got the converting wolf. Sweet move, SOV.

Kinda disappointed about HoH, because HoH was high on my list of possible wolves, and now my suspect list has run low. :(

Strange about HoH...that kill is like none of the others the wolves have done. Maybe the second-kills are by a wolf with a secondary power, like Josiane from Tortall? Have they been spaced evenly apart?

Woah. Not only did y'all get a wolf, you got the converting wolf. Sweet move, SOV.

Kinda disappointed about HoH, because HoH was high on my list of possible wolves, and now my suspect list has run low. :(

I love that people are only disappointed I'm dead since I was apparently the most suspicious player :).

Strange about HoH...that kill is like none of the others the wolves have done. Maybe the second-kills are by a wolf with a secondary power, like Josiane from Tortall? Have they been spaced evenly apart?

Wolves lost their sniper, so I'm presuming that accounts for the "inexpertly" shot wldl.

DVMD, when you said we lost a seer, were you referring to Dyachei's earlier death? Or to wldl? Do you know Sherlock was a seer? I'm kinda confused, because Sherlock's role ability isn't obvious to me from the description.

Last question: Who is the officer that looked through a window and saw someone carrying a gun??? If you saw someone other than krist, we ought to be all set to lynch another wolf. Or do I just not understand what the write-up meant?

I love that people are only disappointed I'm dead since I was apparently the most suspicious player :).

Heh. Sorry. :) I am disappointed we lost another yarder, but that goes without saying. I'm more annoyed at myself because you were high on my list and I was obviously quite wrong.

This is not strategizing.

BUT

Why would the wolves kill the most suspicious player?!?!?

Not smart on their part. Which makes me think it wasnt a wolf.

Anyone wanna fess up?

Wolves lost their sniper, so I'm presuming that accounts for the "inexpertly" shot wldl.

DVMD, when you said we lost a seer, were you referring to Dyachei's earlier death? Or to wldl? Do you know Sherlock was a seer? I'm kinda confused, because Sherlock's role ability isn't obvious to me from the description.

Last question: Who is the officer that looked through a window and saw someone carrying a gun??? If you saw someone other than krist, we ought to be all set to lynch another wolf. Or do I just not understand what the write-up meant?

I was referring to wldl. I am under the assumption that detective would be a seer.

Maybe Sherlock could discover things about a role? Like their powers? Maybe items?

Just going from what he does on the BBC show - IE, in a Study in Pink, using her jewelery, splashes on her right calf, her pink clothes, and a wet jacket, she's able to deduce that she's a serial adulterer in an unhappy marriage of at least ten years and she's staying for one night and is from Cardiff.

Maybe Sherlock could discover things about a role? Like their powers? Maybe items?

Just going from what he does on the BBC show - IE, in a Study in Pink, using her jewelery, splashes on her right calf, her pink clothes, and a wet jacket, she's able to deduce that she's a serial adulterer in an unhappy marriage of at least ten years and she's staying for one night and is from Cardiff.

Yeah. I totally see why DVMD's making that assumption. I'm just stuck on having two seers plus an investigatory item. Seems ... a bit much. Trying to think if there would be another role for Sherlock.

Item investigator might make sense.

I think Dyachei told me she could only see my name, not my role. Maybe Sherlock could see role and not name. Or both.

Yeah. I totally see why DVMD's making that assumption. I'm just stuck on having two seers plus an investigatory item. Seems ... a bit much. Trying to think if there would be another role for Sherlock.

Item investigator might make sense.

I think Dyachei told me she could only see my name, not my role. Maybe Sherlock could see role and not name. Or both.

Well, just going off of what I know working with IPB - in Tortall, we had both an alliance seer (could see name and alliance - wolf/non-wolf), and then a role seer, who using the character name (ie, Sherlock for example) could tell what that name could do (power-wise) but did not know who was that role.

Ahh I take a packing break and find out I've already been lynched! Damn you SOV! :p

Oh well it's probably for the best because I have to finish loading the uhaul and then driving to Columbia tomorrow so wouldn't have had much time to play! Go wolfies!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Ok. That would mean we had two seers, then. You buy that?

Yes. This wouldn't be the first game with more than one seer. Right now, I am suspicious of ksmi, heylodeb and either jam or kakuru. It is possible that philliab is the wolf and not ksmi but I am leaning towards ksmi. It is also possible that TW is a wolf if SnS did not count as a wolf when sheeps asked that question, phone is dying at dinner will talk more when I get home.

Mods feed on speculation, strategizing, cries of frustration, and the tears of the fallen. :D Keep up the good work.

Yes. This wouldn't be the first game with more than one seer. Right now, I am suspicious of ksmi, heylodeb and either jam or kakuru. It is possible that philliab is the wolf and not ksmi but I am leaning towards ksmi. It is also possible that TW is a wolf if SnS did not count as a wolf when sheeps asked that question, phone is dying at dinner will talk more when I get home.

I'm down with ksmi, heylodeb, or kakuru. But last time I suggested Jam, I think orca vouched.

Cuit and I will be going to a wedding thing for our sister soon, so we'll see if all the PMs are in when we get back in a few hours. :)

Someone threatened me with the Browning last night, but it didn't do anything because I have no night actions... anyone want to admit doing it?

I'm down with ksmi, heylodeb, or kakuru. But last time I suggested Jam, I think orca vouched.

Wolf groupings.

orca/jam/kakur..... one is very likely wolf. Not sure the vouching thing does it for me here.

TW/ksmi/phil one IS a wolf (by deductive reasoning).

nohika/heylo/TW on IS a wolf (same as above).

We have 3 groupings to go through. Even if the wolves kill off all the rest of us, if we share our investigation results we should be good.

Cuit and I will be going to a wedding thing for our sister soon, so we'll see if all the PMs are in when we get back in a few hours. :)
More wedding stuff.:mad: Bleh, weddings interfering with WW is just plain wrong. :p

And those who are out having fun on a saturday should check in and sent their PMs in!

Unless someone in my group has been converted, I'm very sure there is no wolf in my group. I am for sure not a wolf. I trust orca 100% and right now, I have no reason to suspect kakuru.

Unless someone in my group has been converted, I'm very sure there is no wolf in my group. I am for sure not a wolf. I trust orca 100% and right now, I have no reason to suspect kakuru.

That doesn't make sure. You have "no reason" to suspect Kakuru, but you're "very sure there is no wolf" in your group.

Unless you can absolutely vouch for kakuru, how can you make that claim?

Wolf groupings.

orca/jam/kakur..... one is very likely wolf. Not sure the vouching thing does it for me here.

TW/ksmi/phil one IS a wolf (by deductive reasoning).

nohika/heylo/TW on IS a wolf (same as above).

We have 3 groupings to go through. Even if the wolves kill off all the rest of us, if we share our investigation results we should be good.

I don't understand why me in those groups. But you are the only person I trust at this moment. Unless you are a wolf going balls to the wall to ensure you don't get investigated, since you kinda led that last lynch :p

And I think I'm melting.

It is SO hot here.

And I'm packed like a sardine on this beach!

That doesn't make sure. You have "no reason" to suspect Kakuru, but you're "very sure there is no wolf" in your group.

Unless you can absolutely vouch for kakuru, how can you make that claim?

She was cleared a few nights ago, so unless she's been converted, she isn't a wolf.